IGNORED

Former Featured Femina

Deleted05

Yay for alliteration.

I found this on Jocelyn's "Feelin' Feminine" site:

Rachel O. says:

August 2, 2010 at 8:43 pm

What happened to the featured femina Andrea and does she have a blog?

[Reply to this Comment]

Miss Jocelyn Tzahala's reply:

August 2nd, 2010 at 9:55 pm

At this time Andrea is no longer affiliated with this site in any way.

[Reply to this Comment]

and got intrigued. The only thing I can find on the site that looks like it might be hers is this:

feelinfeminine.com/?p=3259

and a reference to she and her husband "now expecting their firstfruits of the womb":

feelinfeminine.com/?p=4376

My Google skillz aren't as mad as some of the people here, but it seems she is/was a friend of Miss Raquel (may God have mercy on her horse):

god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/2010/03/miss-andrea-featured-femina.html

And I found a blog:

knittogetherwithlove.blogspot.com/

with this entry:

I was losing it. I was losing my faith. I became obsessed with living the life that my blogging friends lived. I wanted it so bad. I tried to change who I was, my family, my husband.... everything. I was not happy with any of them because they weren't living up to what I thought was the only way of life.

knittogetherwithlove.blogspot.com/2010_04_01_archive.html

I'm curious now. Any of you know anything else about Miss Andrea?

Yay for alliteration.

I found this on Jocelyn's "Feelin' Feminine" site:

and got intrigued. The only thing I can find on the site that looks like it might be hers is this:

feelinfeminine.com/?p=3259

and a reference to she and her husband "now expecting their firstfruits of the womb":

feelinfeminine.com/?p=4376

My Google skillz aren't as mad as some of the people here, but it seems she is/was a friend of Miss Raquel (may God have mercy on her horse):

god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/2010/03/miss-andrea-featured-femina.html

And I found a blog:

knittogetherwithlove.blogspot.com/

with this entry:

I'm curious now. Any of you know anything else about Miss Andrea?

It sounds like she is still QF and fundie and all that, except that she watches tv occasionally and goes to a movie now and then. She cut her hair, blah, blah, and it sounds like the other women accused her of being "worldly". Women in this system don't have much to focus on beyond kids and housekeeping, so they tend to, in my experience, focus on their perceived failings in others. They argue viciously, and perhaps it's directly proportional to how little is at stake or how meaningless all of their little rules are. Sounds like she got caught up in one of those little tempest in a teacup tiffs and struck out on her own.

Other than that, her blog is a real snoozefest.

Yes it definitely looks like she is still a fundie, though maybe slighlty less extreme, so I wonder what happened that she ended up having "haters" though not terribly surprised considering how judgemental and rigid fundies are. Incidentally, did her interview as "featured femina" get erased? All that there is in relation to her is her autobiographical piece, from which it seems that she wasn't raised fundie but probably mainstream Catholic (which might explain moving away from fundamentalism i some way, I think it's easier to for people who embraced it spontaneously rather than being brought up in it).

Archived