IGNORED

From a Guy's Viewpoint

clarinetpower

I couldn't find it, so I did some searching. Here is the text, in case you want to refresh your memory. As of this moment, this is the only place you'll find it. Ahem.

October 17, 2011

From a Guy's Viewpoint...Josiah Woltersdorf

A few favorite hobbies/pastimes: playing music, dancing, studying

Favorite subject in school: history

Favorite book: The Pilgrims Progress

Favorite movie: Master and Commander

Something you look forward to every day: breakfast!

1) What are your thoughts on modesty? Modesty to me is simply just being polite and sensitive to your brothers (and sisters) in Christ. It is moderation. A girl can cover herself all she wants, but if she is trying to attract the wrong kind of attention, or even wearing it with the wrong attitude, it will always show through all that material, and will not make her any more modest than if she were *almost* wearing *something* as is so often portrayed as the cultural norm.

2) Some of us feel that we either give too much effort, or not enough, in worrying about the way we dress. What is your suggestion to how you wish girls would dress? What do you like to see girls wearing? I don't really claim to be qualified to answer this question, but I think they look nice in dresses...

3) How do you feel about girls wearing makeup? I don't mind, but I do think it strange a girl would cover how beautiful she is with a bunch of flour and paint and junk.

4) A lot of girls worry about looking chic around guys?but what do you consider pretty? I think girls are pretty to be blunt. Don't worry about it I guess. Who do you think you are serving anyway? Don't be man pleasers, but serve God in singleness of heart.

5) Do guys ever notice changes in girls? Hair styles, clothes, etc.? I think so. But that's our fault, not yours. It is always a temptation for us to look at the outside, because it is so incredibly easy. Don't sweat it, otherwise you will create one of two things: a guy who thinks you have something mysterious to hide, and searches for it, and a guy who sees what you have because it is out there to see. Don't get me wrong, there are certain things to be hidden for sure, but hide them in a way that doesn't warrant a search and beg to be found.

7) Do you often feel peer pressure from your friends? In any way, but mostly in the standards that you have set for your life. Not really, I have been blessed with like minded believers where I am right now. The closest thing is that I wish they weren't Soooo stingy. I mean, everything in moderation (another word for modesty) but we as a group of believers are getting better at that.

8) What do you consider flirting and what do you think of a girl when she flirts with you? She actually makes me want to flirt back, but it also scares me out of my mind. I don't want to end up where the man in proverbs 7 does. I consider (and these tend to be subjective to the circumstance of course) looking long glances, the desire felt by one or the other (for no apparent reason, especially to the other) to be with the other, whether that be talking, standing next to, or brief "accidental" touches, etc. This is dangerous stuff. Don't play around.

9) How do you feel about dating? I don't know what it feels like.

10) If you agree w/ courting, how much involvement from YOUR parents do you believe is appropriate in helping you make a final choice in your future wife? None, some, or a lot? Please elaborate on your answer. Well, in the end, I hope my dad (and I trust he will) will let me make the call. But the process leading up to the final decision, I hope will be involving my parents' objectivity and sanity to a highly emotional and insane relationship. We'll see...

11) When you?re interested in a girl, do you focus on her family too? Do you make it a point to get to know them as much as you want to get to know her? I plan to, if that's what you mean. How else are you supposed to determine her loyalty to family?

13) What is your dream job? And why? Father, and man of the house. Why you ask? Duh! That's what I was created for. Actually right now I work in my dad?s business, making homes accessible for seniors. I don't mind what job I do, honestly, as long as I know it is taking gracious dominion of the kingdom God gave to me, whether large or small.

14) What do you think the man?s role is in the home ? compared to the woman?s? Men are equally yoked with women in completely unequal ways. Men can't have children, women can?t fight to protect herself with the efficacy of man, as only a man can, if he is faithful unto death.

15) How many kids would you like to have? I really don't care. I do not wish to be disappointed wether the Lord gives me many or few. It is up to Him.

16) A lot of guys like using sarcasm around girls?do you know why that is? Because they are not good at other forms of humor? I don't know...

17) Do guys like it when girls are tomboyish or more girlie? Well I want a girl who love to garden is as tough as nails and knows she is a lady in and out in every way, refined and noble and pure, yet common to be queen over the common things of life.

18) Is there anything that you would appreciate girls doing differently in order to help you maintain your purity? It's not their responsibility. Like I said before, don't look for attention in your covering up, or uncovering. Just exercise moderation.

19) What do you think about guys and girls hugging? I don't mind it, unless it isn't comfortable with the other person. Think of your heart. If you have second thoughts about it, don't do it, if you can do it with a clean conscience, it won't offend me.

20) When do you plan to have your first kiss? I hope on my wedding. Some things are subjective to culture. Kissing is definitely held as serious stuff here in USA at least, so I'll wait for real serious stuff (like a wedding)

21) How will you respond if God's plan is out of sync with your own? Well the measure of a man is not in what he plans to do or even what he does, but how he responds to actions. I hope with all my heart my plan becomes more and more in sync with Gods, so that when the "plan" changes, I know that it didn't change, just that it wasn't my plan to begin with, no matter what I thought.

22) What do you think of girls posting pictures of guys on their blog? Why is this question being asked anyway? I gave you my pictures.... Jk

23) Do you guys sometimes get weirded out by being friends with girls? I think it was kind of awkward for a while, but for a while, I did not know what it meant to be a friend to anyone. I suppose I used to look for someone to be kind to me before I was nice to them. Turns out, if everyone waits for someone to be nice, no one will take initiative, and no one will be nice to anyone. Now though, what should be any different between brother and sister biologically, than the same spiritual

24) What is one thing that girls do that you hate? Let me see, think that they are better or evidently have something to prove. They DON'T their girls. God made them pretty so they wouldn't have anything to prove! HELLOOOOO!!!

25) To what degree should a guy and girl just 'be friends'? To what degree should they be betrothed? I think that you are just friends until you feel that you should enter into a more serious relationship. Don't get caught up in the cultural "just friends" paradigm. It doesn't work. Understand that marriage is a man and a woman, making public vows, and sealing them with consummation. One or the other doesn't make you man and wife, but both in the sight of the Lord.

Ah, to again be young and think I had all the answers to life. I think this little questionnaire proves how young, inexperienced and unformed JosiahW actually is. Not that it lets him off the hook for his misogyny and the slavery stuff in the other thread. It's just that I figure he's a big ball of clay - completely unformed. Unfortunately, odds are if he's in the whole QF/Fundy lifestyle, he'll end up being a new JimBob some day. Sigh. If only he could stay here in be schooled in the evil ways of critical thinking, objective reality and the thought that premarital kissing & sexing doesn't destroy one's life. Alas, i doubt it's to be.

Is kissing really that "serious" in the USA? I must have kissed over 300 men. I'm not really sure, but between weird, weird nights at the bars, high school, and college, I'm not a discriminate kisser. It's fun! It gets you free drinks! And it's fun!

Is kissing really that "serious" in the USA? I must have kissed over 300 men. I'm not really sure, but between weird, weird nights at the bars, high school, and college, I'm not a discriminate kisser. It's fun! It gets you free drinks! And it's fun!

MTE. It's fun and harmless. I couldn't even tell you the number of men and women I've kissed over the years. It's not something to take seriously past the age of sixteen.

What I can't get over is how blase and casual this guy is about feeling so entitled to dictate the appearance of women, like his opinion is so all powerful and important. Additionally, I hate his comment about makeup - like we're all supposed to stop wearing makeup because of what HE thinks. Does he even know what natural makeup looks like? I doubt it. He hears makeup and he thinks of "set the phaser to whore" like on that episode of the Simpsons. He truly has no idea what on earth he's talking about.

He did say that he had her take it down because he changed his mind about the stuff he said, but he won't get into what he changed his mind about or why.

And good job for finding it, I looked but couldn't.

Um, NO! Kissing isn't serious in the US after 14-16 years old. Kissing is serious for fundies, but most others? nope, lots of kissing going on!

Aaaah yeah, memories.... 7 minutes in heaven in my friends closet during her 12th birthday party... 6 minutes sitting there and then a minute of shaky fumbling around and smooching. Good times! THIS IS SERIOUS STUFF, GUYS!!!!!! lmao!

What I can't get over is how blase and casual this guy is about feeling so entitled to dictate the appearance of women, like his opinion is so all powerful and important. Additionally, I hate his comment about makeup - like we're all supposed to stop wearing makeup because of what HE thinks. Does he even know what natural makeup looks like? I doubt it. He hears makeup and he thinks of "set the phaser to whore" like on that episode of the Simpsons. He truly has no idea what on earth he's talking about.

I put on extra today just to piss him off! 8-)

3) How do you feel about girls wearing makeup? I don't mind, but I do think it strange a girl would cover how beautiful she is with a bunch of flour and paint and junk.

I'll be back to comment in a second, but right now I'm going to go put on my flour. I'm out of paint though, will a sharpie suffice???

Sunnichicks beauty care list--

shampoo

conditioner

flour

paint

sharpie

food dye (works better than hair dye, ya'll)

(sorry, i'm in a dorky mood today and will probably post a bunch of dumb stuff.)

Guest Anonymous

Kissing isn't serious at all! I have kissed my fair share of boys and girls! I never did 7 min in heaven but we played lots of spin the bottle.

I wear makeup because I think it is FUN! But I am going to totally pull out the flour and paint! Food coloring as hair dye love it, wonder how many teens have done it. I remember friends trying koolaid in highschool.

10) If you agree w/ courting, how much involvement from YOUR parents do you believe is appropriate in helping you make a final choice in your future wife? None, some, or a lot? Please elaborate on your answer. Well, in the end, I hope my dad (and I trust he will) will let me make the call. But the process leading up to the final decision, I hope will be involving my parents' objectivity and sanity to a highly emotional and insane relationship. We'll see...

lolwut??

I do wish he would say what made him change his mind so much on his answers that he wanted this post erased from the internet. This was only done in October, so that is a short amount of time to change your opinions so much. Hopefully he changed his mind in a good direction and not in a control women more direction.

Archived