IGNORED

Maxwell Sale! Scripture prints $5.50; Spinsters P.O.A....

Guest purposing

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They make it seem like there is something wrong with the customers who didn't want to put these pieces of crap on their walls.

Steve, the "artwork" sucks, I cannot believe you thought people would buy that!

Using negatives about your own artwork is NOT the way to prompt people into buying your works..c'mon!

This!

How can you possibly expect to sell anything with crap marketing like this?

It was odd that they admit it wasn't selling well and then she goes on about possible reasons....I mean, even if you are going out of business, people usually try to spin it (low! low! prices! etc). We've noted that the Maxwell kids' writing style is awkward at best, written like a nonEnglish speaker. Given how sheltered the kids are, I guess it shouldn't be any surprise that they don't understand simple concepts like marketing.

Guest Anonymous

I can't wait until "Trust eeend Obey" goes on sale:

We wanted to let you all know that we are discontinuing the MG CD. They just haven’t sold much, and we are ready to clear them out. Perhaps it is because we can't sing, or it might simply be that people aren’t interested hearing the Gospel through song. Whatever the case, we have some stock that we are going to clear out as we discontinue the CDs.

:lol:

It was odd that they admit it wasn't selling well and then she goes on about possible reasons....I mean, even if you are going out of business, people usually try to spin it (low! low! prices! etc). We've noted that the Maxwell kids' writing style is awkward at best, written like a nonEnglish speaker. Given how sheltered the kids are, I guess it shouldn't be any surprise that they don't understand simple concepts like marketing.
Thiiiiiis. Even if you want to get rid of stuff cluttering the basement, you gotta act like they're the Last! Five! Left! Better get them now!!!!! If you have to admit you're discontinuing a product, definitely don't admit it's due to bad sales, just act like you're moving on to bigger and better for entirely unrelated reasons.

Still... it's back to the topic of declining demand for MaxwellCruft. I can't help but wonder what new ventures might be in the works.

What grown up would hang that on their wall?

sigh My mother. She wouldn't know a Maxwell if one bit her in the ass, but this kind of thing really appeals to her.

They make it seem like there is something wrong with the customers who didn't want to put these pieces of crap on their walls.

Steve, the "artwork" sucks, I cannot believe you thought people would buy that!

Exactly. Like, $5.50 is still way overpriced for that shit.

Looks like cheap, dollar store prints. What grown up would hang that on their wall? Baby lamb with a bible verse,really?
The kind who think playing hide and seek in the dark is the best activity at an adult party? The kind that thinks surely no one in the world has heard of cookie pizza?

But yeah, they remind me of demotivational posters. Which makes my Photoshop finger itch.

Anyone know offhand what that Bible verse about how you should pray privately and not to be noticed, is?

I just can't imagine why people didn't go all out to hang "All we sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all" on their walls. I mean, it is so inspiring and full of the joys of love and the LORD.

I'm thinking the Maxwell ministry is failing. I don't usually enjoy someone losing their livlihood but in this case, I really can't do anything other than chuckle. You get what you give.

Their photography is good, but their choice of scripture is poor. They'd do much better with a traditional As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord type thing with nice photos. I'd buy one.

Long time lurker here (obviously not long enough). Would someone be so kind as to give me a quick version of the Sarah backstory? I feel like I'm missing out but havent been able to find anything...

Long time lurker here (obviously not long enough). Would someone be so kind as to give me a quick version of the Sarah backstory? I feel like I'm missing out but havent been able to find anything...

Sadly, there's almost no backstory to tell. She's the oldest daughter (3rd child) of the Maxwells, their last child before Steve got snipped (then had a Reversal). She is 30, writes awful, semi autobiographical kids "books" called the Moody series, and appears to be left on the shelf. She's obviously led an extremely sheltered life which shows in her writing, both books and blog posts.

We however, have hopes that she can escape from the nuthouse, even if it is to marry John-Marie and move to Idaho to have lots of babies and sell sprinklers.

She turns 30 in Jan, not married, lives at home, write bad children's books. She wants desperately to be married.

Archived