IGNORED

Maxwell Sale! Scripture prints $5.50; Spinsters P.O.A....

Guest purposing

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait for someone to comment:

Oh, this is so sad!!!!!! Please Maxwells' don't stop making your beautiful and uplifting scripture prints!!!!!11!!!!! I know there are many many times I have gazed at your scripture artwork in the bedroom that I share with my sisters and I have been so encouraged!!!11 Especially the one with the cute and precious baby lamb!!!!!!!!! And please tell John that his photography is wonderful!!!!!!!

sigh My mother. She wouldn't know a Maxwell if one bit her in the ass, but this kind of thing really appeals to her.

Back in October, I had a work trip a few hours away and I decided to stay with my aunt and she had a large framed print of a lamb next to Psalm 23 hanging up in the guest room that I stayed in. Stuff like that does appeal to some people and the Maxwells if they marketed differently could make some decent money off those scripture prints.

I did one just to encourage Sarah, in her ministry as SAHD:

sarahzox.jpg

I love this pic. Sarah's body language says "I'm all about George" where Steve is like "dream on George" and George is like "move out of the way old man, I am going to teach that girl a thing or two" :whistle:

I love this pic. Sarah's body language says "I'm all about George" where Steve is like "dream on George" and George is like "move out of the way old man, I am going to teach that girl a thing or two" :whistle:

Lol, had that thought too. I bet a lot of us could find a man for Sarah, but bet Daddy Steve would not approve. The kind of man who could teach her what it means to be a woman. ;)

Guest Anonymous

George would make a good house-husband for Sarah. He would be much more hygienic to have around the kitchen, with his hair all nicely braided and covered. :D

Wouldn't it be beyond awesome if Sarah and George ran off together? George could take over as Maxwell HOH and make Steve his bitch, and free the rest of the family.

George would make a good house-husband for Sarah. He would be much more hygienic to have around the kitchen, with his hair all nicely braided and covered. :D

Yeah, George is really rocking that Willie Nelson look. But unfortunately, Sarah has probably never heard of Willie Nelson.

The kind who think playing hide and seek in the dark is the best activity at an adult party? The kind that thinks surely no one in the world has heard of cookie pizza?

But yeah, they remind me of demotivational posters. Which makes my Photoshop finger itch.

Anyone know offhand what that Bible verse about how you should pray privately and not to be noticed, is?

Matthew 6:6

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

This one reminds me of a vampire stake lol...

I am totally just waiting for Buffy to slink past and grab it and slay a vamp!

7010-hi.jpg

eta:wow sorry thats so huge!

Random thought: How weird would it be to be in the restaurant where the Maxwells are praying and see someone get up to take a picture of it all?!

prayi.jpg

"And if thou prayest in public, and photographeth it, and posteth it on thine blog, thou shalt be cursed with spinsterhood, and thou shalt be barren all the days of thine life."

Well shoot, it's no wonder why their Scripture prints aren't selling well, when you're paying about double what these are really worth and yet look like they should cost even less than what you should realistically expect for them. I bet even I could make something better. Let me try...

There! Made with both MS Paint and GIMP and costed nothing but a few minutes of my time. And I don't mean to be boastful but I think it's well better than their attempt at a lamb picture merged with Scripture. :)

"And if thou prayest in public, and photographeth it, and posteth it on thine blog, thou shalt be cursed with spinsterhood, and thou shalt be barren all the days of thine life."

Love it!!!

and what is with the praying in the closet thing? Come out of the closet! : :banana-rainbow:

Love what you made Wandering Star, definitely 100x better than their "MS Paint" works!!!

Love what you made Wandering Star, definitely 100x better than their "MS Paint" works!!!

Thanks! I'm really not sure what it is, I think other than just looking rather cheap the Maxwell prints just seem to look a bit awkward with the text so visibly separated from the graphic, or even worse, covering up the main graphic (as is the case with the "children are a blessing" print)...plus it's easy to miss the citations at the bottom. I do like the wheat print somewhat, though.

Good point!

Very sensible.

Thus: It'll never happen.

Poor Sarah. Steve is literally body-blocking her from George.

I'd pay $5.50 for that picture (even without a frame).

I'm looking for a screen cap from "Cold Comfort Farm" in which Flora Poste is smirking at the one piece of artwork in her guest room, an embroidery declaring THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH

Failing that, I did find Cousin Amos Starkadder, surely a spiritual father of ole Steve:

thumbnail.aspx?q=1416304206458&id=8d4d316b518b92cb52524e394e41ba6c&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.filmweb.no%2fbilder%2fmultimedia%2farchive%2f00008%2fIan_McKellen_i_Cold_C_8944a.jpg

THERE'LL BE NO BUTTER IN HELL!

ETA: the problem, both with Cousin Amos and Steve, is that they forget the Gospel part of the truth.

"The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life."

"There'll be no butter in hell, but you will escape hell if you accept the gift of God."

I get tired of these guys but at least Cousin Amos got hisself one'a they Ford vans and left Cousin Judith alone with her psychiatrist. ;)

[Matthew 6:6 poster]

Haha. Excellent. :D Trying to type this in just now I mistyped "Maxwell 6:6" which makes me wonder...

Random thought: How weird would it be to be in the restaurant where the Maxwells are praying and see someone get up to take a picture of it all?!

This too. In fact I wonder about that when reading all kinds of "documenting my day!!!" type blogs. When I go out, I just would feel really strange stopping my activities to take pictures all the time. It would put a damper on the moment and surely people would be looking at me, hey, look at that woman with the camera, must be a tourist. And then for the activity in question to be praying over fast food? Yeah.

...heck someone else in there might be tempted to take a picture of the weirdos taking a picture of themselves praying over fast food.

Archived