IGNORED

Baal on Top

formergothardite

biblicalbeginnings.com/2011/12/baal-on-top.html

To begin with the guy has no original thoughts on his own. Most of his posts are just copying other people or quoting the Bible. He also doesn't like being challenged on his beliefs. He has a tendency to delete comments or lock comments when people leave less than glowing comments.

But this post (it is not idea, he copied from another blog) is about how if you don't go to church on Christmas you might as well put Baal on top of your tree because you aren't really worshipping God. Personally, we have to go from house to house seeing family on Christmas, so we are going to the late Christmas eve service at church. Since the Bible doesn't say that Sunday is the day to rest, it doesn't really matter what day Christians choose to go to church to celebrate Christmas. Especially since it isn't Jesus's literal birthday anyway. And you don't have to go to church to celebrate the life of Jesus, He seemed to like a good party, so I think he would be okay with people having fun with their family and friends in his honor.

There is an holy God in Heaven, and now we are plagued with the decision of whether to worship Him, God Almighty, the King of Kings, the Cosmic Christ, The Beginning and the End, or to spend it opening our gifts at home! Those of you who believe in and worship gifts and giving instead of the power of Yahweh, don't even waste your time trying to justify it.

Giving gifts to others can be a way to honor god, can't it? I don't see why remaining home with family is sinful in anyone's eyes. Christians often point out that going to church does not make a person a Christian.

His last sentence makes it sound as if he really is afraid to hear other views. La La La, I'm right. My fingers are in my ears.

I'll be frank. This really fries me.

Really? There are people who will go hungry this Christmas and this is the issue that makes him mad.

Oh he is not interested in hearing from people who don't agree with him. He is the one that locked the comments after being called out for saying slavery just "might" have been bad and he deleted the comments that dared to question him on using a bloody menstural cloth to show how filthy the soul is.

He is Miss Raquel's friend in real life, so it it really isn't shocking that he is a a self-absorbed twit who can't handle questioning.

Count me in as spending time with my family on Christmas Eve and Christmas day rather than church. I went to church last Sunday and put my Christmas offering in the plate.

I won't be worshiping gifts, but I do intend on being a couch potato and watching some football on Christmas Eve with the family.

I guess I might as well put a football on the top of my tree.

Do I even want to go into what the big star on top of Xmas tree represents? Do I? do I.... nooooooooo

I wouldn't try and tell him it means anything but "I worship Jesus!" he wouldn't be able to handle it.

Forgive me because I am not a biblical scholar, but doesn't the Bible say somthing to the effect of 'worship begins in the home' or some such??

As a fairly conservative Christian (with moderate leanings), it is my snarky pleasure to inform him that I believe the Xmas tree in his home has its roots in paganism and worship of Baal and the Grove, and that Constantine is the reason for the season. Nowhere does the Bible mention commemorating Christ's birth. Instead, Christians are exhorted to remember Christ's death and consequently take up a daily cross of spiritually dying to self/sin.

/pull-pit.

:dance:

ETA: add'l info

As a fairly conservative Christian (with moderate leanings), it is my snarky pleasure to inform him that I believe the Xmas tree in his home has its roots in paganism and worship of Baal and the Grove, and that Constantine is the reason for the season. Nowhere does the Bible mention commemorating Christ's birth. Instead, Christians are exhorted to remember Christ's death and consequently take up a daily cross of spiritually dying to self/sin.

/pull-pit.

:dance:

This you?

Dude, I'm a pretty conservative Christian myself, and I hate to tell you this, but that "Christ"mas tree in your home has its roots in paganism and worship of Baal and the Grove. Constantine is the reason for the season.

As Christians, we are not exhorted to commemorate Christ's birth, but instead we are to honor His death by taking up a daily cross and dying to sin/self.

I bet he will delete it or give some sort of non-answer about you not really being a Christian.

You're quick. Yep, that is I (me? which?)*!

I fully expect he will delete my comment or tell me I'm not really a Christian, especially if I decide to tell him that I refuse to go to one of those evangelical false teaching side shows, or if he figures out that I'm a woman. When I do "go to church", I meet with my sister, my nephew and his wife in their home and watch our "pastor" on DVD. And then chow down on brownies or something else really bad for us :D

*ETA Which is grammatically correct? :?

Do I even want to go into what the big star on top of Xmas tree represents? Do I? do I.... nooooooooo

Yes, you do (at least on here). I thought it represented the star over the stable where Jesus was born. Is it something else? Now I'm curious, you can't leave us hanging!

Sorry guys to disapoint! It is just a 19 year old fundie who blogs about stuff he doesn't really understand.

Kittypie he wants you to make up a name to give him on your comment or he will delete you! The horrors!

Thank God for Constantine!

Also, please identify yourself, otherwise I will have to remove your comment.

I love the celebration of the incarnation of the Son, always have,and I believe I always will.

So how does it matter if we were told to or not? It doesn't make any difference to me, but do you celebrate thanksgiving? Or is that too secular as well?

P S how do you know I have a Christmas tree?

OK, I clicked on this thinking it said Beall and dealt with Doug. :dance:

LOL me too!! I blame my speed-reading, not my mind be in the gutter!

But I should have known better. Beall wouldn't be on top. She would be with the turkey baster.

Me too. "Dougie's into pegging?" I thought; "Well that's hardly a surprise!"

Sooo, is it not possible to this goober that a person could both attend church AND celebrate at home on Xmas? (Yes, I said Xmas. Screw him.) I know I will be. I wouldn't, but my kids are scheduled to serve as acolyte and crucifer at the 10 am service, and we couldn't find substitutes, so we'll get up and open gifts, then we'll run to church, then we'll come back home and enjoy the rest of our day.

Kittypie he wants you to make up a name to give him on your comment or he will delete you! The horrors!

I dare her to sign it "Jack Dolf"

It took me a minute to get this. GaaaaahhhhhH!!!!! Brain bleach. :shock:

Archived