IGNORED

Songs about housework? and Courtship...

Deleted07

Sorry if this has been posted before, But I was just watching this video:

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/video/courting-home-schooling-conference-family-20-teenage-years-affair-courtship-girl-zach-nightline-14376119?tab=9482930&section=13912385&playlist=14376350

Of the Bates, and showing their homeschooling conference... The boys go out and do a army cadet type scouts things... But what peeved me was the girls staying inside singing songs about housework! This is at about the 3 minute mark...

:-|

But did find it interesting at the 7:15 minute mark they mention Michaella had a suitor at 16 which the parents turned away because she was too young... THANK GOODNESS.

And also when they showed Zach's mumbling courtship to Sarah, she seemed so unimpressed!

Anywho just had to share!

Yeah, it's been discussed.

It's ridicolous. They even asked Michelle or Kelly if the girls wouldn't prefer to go out and do fun stuff too, and one of them said something along the lines of "next year, maybe".

ack I know I was thinking while watching it, her accent is just irritating...

and for sure the courtship proposal was so errr anti-climatic?

She was like 'hmmm Thanks..... So can I go now?' :-P

OH And in that series of videos! Either the first or last part... I was just irritated that some of the daughters actually fasted and prayed for God to bless their Mom with a new baby! I was like seriously? and Kelly was all 'oh what can we do to improve our chances' etc to the doctor... So much for 'leaving it up to God' :roll:

What disturbed me was the comments about an Army for God. Maybe I'm oversesnsitive but the military trappings combined with religion disturbs me. It seems wrong. When Paul talked about putting on armor of god, he was using an analogy for spiritual growth.

That's funny. The only (traditional, of course) songs about housework I know of talk about how hard women have it compared to men, and how much being a woman in a patriarchal society sucks. (To a lovely little melody, that one.)

contemplator.com/america/fortune.html

The cover of this one looks like the woman is doing naughty things with her vacuum.

http://wwwamazon.com/Housework-Songs-Various-Artists/dp/B000BAVZLW

A quick google search seems to show Housework Songs be a very happening sub-genre of music. Hmm, maybe I can make a living writing songs about washing clothes and waxing floors and supplement my future Christian DD Novels. I should be self-employed by 2013.

The Bates girls need this housework-related video in their lives (and they need to break free for sure):

I miss Freddie.

edited because I are not gud at computerz.

oh yeah dont even get me started on the Lawson kid loaning his parents money and paying for the groceries and bills...

This particular topic is sensitive for me. I had parents who often 'borrowed' money from me, for the basic necessities. We only had groceries if I bought them with my own money, from my own job. And how many times I was guilt-ed into allowing them to pay me back only half or even not at all was quite common. Simply because they were good at manipulating me.

The excuses and the guilt I would get for even dare attempting to say no to a loan to them was ridiculous as well, and it took me a LONG time to wake up and say NO entirely and move out and break ties completely.

I seriously hope that Lawson can wake-up. :-(

lol it was so awkward/funny when Zach was up in his bedroom looking at a picture of Sarah in his wallet and saying to the camera, "She's a pretty young lady, too." Creepy.

lol it was so awkward/funny when Zach was up in his bedroom looking at a picture of Sarah in his wallet and saying to the camera, "She's a pretty young lady, too." Creepy.

LOL! I know its like 'awkward'.... :?

Archived