IGNORED

quiverfull rv family, ministry crazys

Guest Sahmof5

Guest Anonymous

http://ontheroadfamilyoutreach(dot)blogspot.com

So I discovered this family years ago in my fundy days and lets just say the lady was NUTS! I will never forget her weird comments like aliens are demons post that even the other fundies would not begin to comment on. Well I recently discovered she loaded up her kids to live in a rv. And now she is handing out bible tracts all over the country. She apparently has issues with churches not wanting them to visit which caused some tiffs and of course is asking for donations to provide for her growing family. Last baby was born in the RV the midwife allowed them to park in the driveway till delivery. Her kids sleep in the closet of the rv she converted to a 3 bunk bed, which I am not sure how that would work being an RV closet is really tiny I would think the kids on shelving would have more room.

Anyways enjoy

I think we need to show our "stop persecuting me!!" fundies the map on this page:

ontheroadfamilyoutreach.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-07-30T13:02:00-07:00&max-results=1

I think we need to show our "stop persecuting me!!" fundies the map on this page:

ontheroadfamilyoutreach.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-07-30T13:02:00-07:00&max-results=1

i've always hated it when christians cry "persecution!" at every little fucking thing. i'd like to go back and introduce them to this one guy...can't remember his name but he started a ministry later on about martyrs, i believe i first read his story in the book "jesus freaks"...and let him talk to them about being imprisoned for so long and deprived of so much he could barely read by the time he got out. and let him show him the scars from the intense beatings he received. and then say, "now THAT is persecution. a little quibble on the internet doesn't count."

Christians in China are being persecuted. Christians in the Sudan are being persecuted; Christians in Pakistan are being persecuted. Christians in America have it pretty sweet.

i've always hated it when christians cry "persecution!" at every little fucking thing. i'd like to go back and introduce them to this one guy...can't remember his name but he started a ministry later on about martyrs, i believe i first read his story in the book "jesus freaks"...and let him talk to them about being imprisoned for so long and deprived of so much he could barely read by the time he got out. and let him show him the scars from the intense beatings he received. and then say, "now THAT is persecution. a little quibble on the internet doesn't count."

i remembered his name! richard wurmbrand. i may not agree with everything he believed, but damnit he stood up for what he believed in even though he knew what would happen if he did. and i respect that.

I hate to sound mean, but anytime I hear about fundie families in RV's, I think Andrea Yates.

In reading one of her postings, it seems a family they know is trying to also start the RV lifestyle because there was a prayer request for that family to get an RV.

I'm actually not surprised some churches don't want her to visit--from experience, arriving at a church in a crummy RV (FWIW, her RV is thousands of times better than what I grew up in) gets you a lot of shunning.

I'd like to see a picture of a converted closet--we did once convert an RV 'bed' into a cupboard because storage space was more important than the bed (and we added an army cot instead)

I'm skimming and...there are Amish Ultrasound clinics? I'm missing something here

I hate to sound mean, but anytime I hear about fundie families in RV's, I think Andrea Yates.

Ditto!!!

It makes me think of the Yates' crazy, crazy preacher whose teachings they followed. He roamed the country in a RV with his family and would harass college students by yelling things at them. Oh, and they carried a huge wooden cross. Forgot the name; anyways, they make the Duggars and the Bates look like secular heathens in comparison.

i remembered his name! richard wurmbrand. i may not agree with everything he believed, but damnit he stood up for what he believed in even though he knew what would happen if he did. and i respect that.

He passed away, but he started a ministry in Bartlesville, OK, called Voice of the Martyrs. They serve real persecuted Christians. Not fake American ones.

Andrea Yates and family lived in a motor home until a few months before she "snapped"and drowned her family....Just sayin.....

He passed away, but he started a ministry in Bartlesville, OK, called Voice of the Martyrs. They serve real persecuted Christians. Not fake American ones.

ah yes, that's what it was called! thank you :)

The Duggars had an episode where some of the kids went there (in OK) to make some "parachutes" filled with goodies and bibles for persecuted christians in the Amazon or wherever...

Archived