IGNORED

Where is Lina?

fundiefun

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their FB page now has strict privacy settings. All I could see was that they "liked" Hobbit Movie News. Unless Hobbit Movie is code for baby, we are still left hanging. I also check TT's mom's page, but nothing there either.

She is probably happily gestating and wondering when/how to break the news to her blog readers in such a way that no one suspects the evil FJites were right.

her latest posts:

Hope for Messianic Judaism

My husband and I have been frustrated by the lack of unity and legitimacy within the Messianic Jewish movement today. As a result, and because of our sincere desire to convert, we had been looking into the possibility of undergoing formal conversion under Orthodox (i.e. non-Messianic) auspices. However, as anyone involved in the Messianic movement knows, it is near impossible for a believer in Messiah to convert in this manner. Therefore, our choices are very limited and difficult.

My husband found an excellent article on the Messianic Jewish Rabbinical Council site yesterday that addresses this particular issue from a Messianic viewpoint. As more and more Gentiles become integrated into the Judaism of Yeshua, interest in conversion increases. It is because of this that the need for a true and formal conversion process within our sect becomes vital.

Rabbi Dr. Richard Nichol writes,

Identity confusion has been the hallmark of Messianic Judaism, in part because of our unique claim about Messiah. With that claim has come our union with two historically antagonistic communities, the Church and the Jewish people. Sorting out this dual connection is immensely challenging. But if we do not resolve our ambiguities, it is hard to imagine that we can build a viable movement that will last beyond one or two generations. One thing is clear: We can no longer travel only on the enthusiasm generated by worship, dance, and a "Big Idea." Our people are confused. They don't know who they are because we have not spoken clearly to them....(read the rest here)

It is refreshing to know we are not alone in our concern for the Messianic movement of today. Both my husband and I realize that modern Messianic Judaism is a relatively new and therefore, young, movement. But as of the reading of this article, we are confident that Hashem is doing good things within our sect of Judaism. Things that we hope will cause our religion to gain respect among both camps, the Church and the Jewish people.

Posted by Lina at 12:38 PM 0 comments

Labels: Conversion, Judaism

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Mary White, A Picture of Happy Homemaking

"Mary White"

Mrs. Anna T., over at the Domestic Felicity blog recently wrote an interesting blog post she titled, Narnia - the adventurous and domestic. In it, she made an observation about one of the characters, a Mrs. Beaver, who is portrayed as a lovely domestic figure (my words here).

I remember reading the Narnia books as a young girl, but the image of Mrs. Beaver that immediately came to mind was from the movie adaptation of the books. I remember her as a warm and hospitable homemaker. A very encouraging image, I might say :)

So today, as I was preparing dinner, I began to think, who else from movies or books is pictured as a happy keeper of her home? Suddenly, I remembered "Mary White," Hello Kitty's mom. Did you know she has an entire family, by the way? The only reason I know is because I have a younger sister who enjoyed watching the Hello Kitty DVDs as a younger child. I used to watch them with her, and then with the children I babysat every Friday evening.

If you ever get a chance to watch the DVDs put out by Hello Kitty, I recommend them. Your kids will enjoy watching as well. Mary White is always seen in her cute little apron and cap, either in the kitchen, happily cooking away, or somewhere else in her home. I love that she always has a cheerful demeanor and a smile on her face :D

What a rarity it is nowadays to find such characters in modern television/movies or books! That is why I find it so refreshing to know that there are still characters like Mrs. Beaver or Mary White out there.

Can you think of other similar characters either on the screen or in the world of books? I'd love to be aware of them!

her latest posts:

My husband and I have been frustrated by the lack of unity and legitimacy within the Messianic Jewish movement today. As a result, and because of our sincere desire to convert, we had been looking into the possibility of undergoing formal conversion under Orthodox (i.e. non-Messianic) auspices. However, as anyone involved in the Messianic movement knows, it is near impossible for a believer in Messiah to convert in this manner. Therefore, our choices are very limited and difficult.

My husband found an excellent article on the Messianic Jewish Rabbinical Council site yesterday that addresses this particular issue from a Messianic viewpoint. As more and more Gentiles become integrated into the Judaism of Yeshua, interest in conversion increases. It is because of this that the need for a true and formal conversion process within our sect becomes vital.

Rabbi Dr. Richard Nichol writes,

Identity confusion has been the hallmark of Messianic Judaism, in part because of our unique claim about Messiah. With that claim has come our union with two historically antagonistic communities, the Church and the Jewish people. Sorting out this dual connection is immensely challenging. But if we do not resolve our ambiguities, it is hard to imagine that we can build a viable movement that will last beyond one or two generations. One thing is clear: We can no longer travel only on the enthusiasm generated by worship, dance, and a "Big Idea." Our people are confused. They don't know who they are because we have not spoken clearly to them....(read the rest here)

It is refreshing to know we are not alone in our concern for the Messianic movement of today. Both my husband and I realize that modern Messianic Judaism is a relatively new and therefore, young, movement. But as of the reading of this article, we are confident that Hashem is doing good things within our sect of Judaism. Things that we hope will cause our religion to gain respect among both camps, the Church and the Jewish people.

Posted by Lina at 12:38 PM 0 comments

Labels: Conversion, Judaism

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Mary White, A Picture of Happy Homemaking

"Mary White"

Mrs. Anna T., over at the Domestic Felicity blog recently wrote an interesting blog post she titled, Narnia - the adventurous and domestic. In it, she made an observation about one of the characters, a Mrs. Beaver, who is portrayed as a lovely domestic figure (my words here).

I remember reading the Narnia books as a young girl, but the image of Mrs. Beaver that immediately came to mind was from the movie adaptation of the books. I remember her as a warm and hospitable homemaker. A very encouraging image, I might say :)

So today, as I was preparing dinner, I began to think, who else from movies or books is pictured as a happy keeper of her home? Suddenly, I remembered "Mary White," Hello Kitty's mom. Did you know she has an entire family, by the way? The only reason I know is because I have a younger sister who enjoyed watching the Hello Kitty DVDs as a younger child. I used to watch them with her, and then with the children I babysat every Friday evening.

If you ever get a chance to watch the DVDs put out by Hello Kitty, I recommend them. Your kids will enjoy watching as well. Mary White is always seen in her cute little apron and cap, either in the kitchen, happily cooking away, or somewhere else in her home. I love that she always has a cheerful demeanor and a smile on her face :D

What a rarity it is nowadays to find such characters in modern television/movies or books! That is why I find it so refreshing to know that there are still characters like Mrs. Beaver or Mary White out there.

Can you think of other similar characters either on the screen or in the world of books? I'd love to be aware of them!

Wait, you have access? You lucky person you! Please keep us updated :D

And Lina, there are tons of happy SAHM characters out there. The first one that comes to mind for me is Mrs Weasley, although Lina would probably hate her for daring to, you know, defend her family in a war.

Interesting that she says it's near impossible for Messianics to convert. Before she had said that it's no problem and happens all the time.

Yeah, doesn't she know a million people who did it no bother? It sounds like Lina and reality have had a meeting, however brief.

Edited for lols, and to destroy the psyche of the susceptible.

Thank you far_go. Appreciate your stealth; hope it doesn't get you locked out! Some of us are serious junkies for Lina and TT (and I've never even read the blog proper!)

Wait, I thought she was pretending to NOT be Messianic?

The first one that comes to mind for me is Mrs Weasley, although Lina would probably hate her for daring to, you know, defend her family in a war.

Mrs. Weasley? From Harry Potter? Maybe my HP sleeping-arrangements are wrong but didn't she used to let Hermione and Ron sleep in the same room, it was the older bro and his fiancee she made sleep apart? I always thought if I was a teenager in the fake HP world, the Weasleys' house would have been a den o' sin...

I also miss Lina and wonder how her days full-o'-bein-a-lazy-woman-o-God are going...

Mrs. Weasley? From Harry Potter? Maybe my HP sleeping-arrangements are wrong but didn't she used to let Hermione and Ron sleep in the same room, it was the older bro and his fiancee she made sleep apart? I always thought if I was a teenager in the fake HP world, the Weasleys' house would have been a den o' sin...

I also miss Lina and wonder how her days full-o'-bein-a-lazy-woman-o-God are going...

Nah, Ron and Harry shared a room and Hermione and Ginny shared a room.

her latest posts:

Headdesk. LINA WHY CAN'T YOU JUST LEAVE US ALOOOOOOONE. :-|

ETA: Us = Jews, not Free Jinger, to be clear.

Odd question, but doesn't Lina have a sister? Anyone remember her name? I ask because I met a girl at a conference last week who looked a lot like Lina who was from her hometown.

Odd question, but doesn't Lina have a sister? Anyone remember her name? I ask because I met a girl at a conference last week who looked a lot like Lina who was from her hometown.

Yes, she has a sister quite a bit younger, once she complained when she was starting ebil public school. I'm not sure if her name was mentioned.

Thank you far_go for the news! I miss Lina too! :(

Yes, she has a sister quite a bit younger, once she complained when she was starting ebil public school. I'm not sure if her name was mentioned.

Thank you far_go for the news! I miss Lina too! :(

Ahh, this girl was about 22-23...

I get the impression that Lina is speaking of the need for a "true and formal" conversion process within Messianism. That would give the Messianics the full play-judaism they want without that sticky getting past the beit din. Still offensive, but at least they'd be keeping it to themselves, and make it difficult to confuse them with real Judaism.

I get the impression that Lina is speaking of the need for a "true and formal" conversion process within Messianism. That would give the Messianics the full play-judaism they want without that sticky getting past the beit din. Still offensive, but at least they'd be keeping it to themselves, and make it difficult to confuse them with real Judaism.

Oh, good point. That makes sense. Sorry that I "hear" Lina say the word "convert" and have a spaz attack.

Ahh, this girl was about 22-23...

Hmmm, I think the sister was about 10 or so - that may have been a couple of years ago, but I think she'd still be too young for the girl you saw. Strange, though - maybe she's another of the Mexican relatives?

What more do you want Beeks a screen shot? She did a post in reply to FJ controversy immediately after she closed it down I will post later. I think she is due in July. More later

What more do you want Beeks a screen shot? She did a post in reply to FJ controversy immediately after she closed it down I will post later. I think she is due in July. More later

A screen shot would be awesome. :D

I was half snarking because really, Lina in touch with reality? :shock:

But also I am surprised that somebody who has access would post here. She seems to have things pretty tightly locked down and I assumed only people she knew were allowed access.

Archived