IGNORED

Where is Lina?

fundiefun

I am going back to my life (that doesn't include tearing apart others) so have fun with the vitriol, anger, bile and hate that you stew in. Later bitter ones!

Aww, look! Flouncy flouncy!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where on earth are these people seeing all this anger and bitterness that we supposedly have? To say nothing of the bile, vitriol and hate that we apparently stew in. Not me, I hate stew! :snooty:

I am going back to my life (that doesn't include tearing apart others) so have fun with the vitriol, anger, bile and hate that you stew in. Later bitter ones!

:lol:

Have fun at Lina's secret baby shower that won't get blogged about ALL BECAUSE OF US AND OUR ANGERRRR!!!!!!

Victory is ours! :clap:

I will miss Lina updates, but I prefer her to keep her blog shut down if all she's going to do is spread lies and misinformation about my religion and then whine and complain when people try to point out the issues with what she's saying.

+ 1

Bye Lina!

Have fun at Lina's secret baby shower that won't get blogged about ALL BECAUSE OF US AND OUR ANGERRRR!!!!!!

I bet she'll be back by baby shower time. :P

Thanksgiving is over, perhaps she's moved to pine scented candles.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA. You win this thread. Although CabbageHead comes close with her stew-in-your-own-bitter-juices-you-heathens bit

She is shutting her blog for good and unless you know her personally you wouldn't know whether she is pregnant or not. She is trying to maintain some semblance of privacy. No matter what anyone here thinks of her, she is a newlywed.

Her choices are her choices.

Tony my man how it hangin? :lol:

Don't hold your breath, but I don't think that anyone here at FJ is gonna sit shiva for your wifes blog.

Ooooooh, that was soooo much fun! :D

Nice to meet you, Lina! It was everything I'd hoped for, and more!

MERRY XMAS!

Tony my man how it hangin? :lol:

Don't hold your breath, but I don't think that anyone here at FJ is gonna sit shiva for your wifes blog.

Never mind experienced THIS is why you win the thread.

:romance-heart:

TT/Lina: as fun as it is to read your fairy tales and have a good laugh, the *real* Jews thank you for taking your Messianic bullshit in the closet where it belongs.

Cabbage is probably just another troll, these threads are great troll ones because none of us can verify what the trolls are saying about Lina.

But very entertaining, do continue.

Guest Anonymous
For those who are so greatly interested in their lives...Lina is shutting down her blog for good due to Free Jinger. Hope this is the update you were anticipating.

Now where have we heard that before?

Oh yeah, May 19th, 2011.

I will never open up my blog again, so don't delude yourselves.

My parents and my soon-to-be husband are appalled at such ridiculous behaviour coming from grown adults. We are still in shock over the accusations hurled at us, people you don't know and who have done nothing at all to you. If you think you are doing any good by contacting other family members and spreading lies all over your forum for people to read, don't kid yourselves. What you have done is dangerous and shocking. I feel for the more sensitive people you have hurt with your forum. Suicides are committed by the hateful things written carelessly over the internet.

Until Free Jinger and other hate groups like it are shut down, my blog will continue to be shut down to outsiders as well.

Yet a few short months later she was back in all of her fake Jewish glory. Maybe she'll stick her flounce this time, but I have my doubts. Attention whoring is a habit that dies hard.

Lina is probably one of my very favorite fundies; even her flounces are fun, except for the waiting.

I'd like to believe the "leaked" posts are real, though of course screen shots are always welcome. Her open use of the term "messianic" may be due to the increased feeling of security that comes with her blog being private - now that there is no possibility of Skylar/Kochava exposing her BS, or real Rabbis taking note of any intended deception, she just doesn't have to be as careful/self-censoring.

Speaking of, does anyone have any specifics/details on her particular brand of fake Judaism? Does her church "shul" have a website?

This was one that they appeared to have some connection to.

www.shabbatshalomtexas.com/Beit_Shalom/Welcome.html

While at my parents' house for Thanksgiving, I found out that a town's community church that has been there since forever is now occupied by a Messianic congregation. I read their website, and if it weren't so offensive I would laugh myself silly. It's like they are throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks--having a "Torah service" once every three weeks, a service called "Nizkor" which is actually taking communion. On the picture of their "new building," they Photoshopped it to erase the cross that is till very much attached to the building. I have no idea how large their congregation could possibly be. It's located in the suburb of a major city, and the surrounding area had enough Jewish students that the districts got school off for Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. In middle school, I went to an average of 1.5 bar mitzvahs per week. Not very far north is a town that has a growing Orthodox Jewish population. I just don't see this place attracting (or fooling) very many actual Jews in an area where the Jewish population is sizable and savvy. There was already one Messianic congregation in the area, but it seems incredibly tiny and I've never met anyone who admitted to going there.

And they have a lot of fucking nerve to advertise Shabbat Services on the marquee for a building with a cross on it.

I would just like to say that I love the fact that the photo at the top of this page, which tries to explain that no, Messianic types totes aren't Christians playing dress-ups with Jewish stuff, the one guy is putting tefillin on the other guy completely wrong. Like, not even close. You put it on your bicep, dude. Like, hold your hand out, palm up, slide the batim up over your forearm and have it rest directly on your bicep. Also, your shirtsleeves are down so low you won't be able to get in the right spot, anyway. Nice fanny pack, BTW!

tumblr_kz4s36lyht1qb7qwco1_400.jpg

Now where have we heard that before?

Oh yeah, May 19th, 2011.

Yet a few short months later she was back in all of her fake Jewish glory. Maybe she'll stick her flounce this time, but I have my doubts. Attention whoring is a habit that dies hard.

Yeah, I was thinking we have already been here and done this and it didn't stick last time. It gets boring being God's special snowflake when you can't brag about it.

TT/Lina: as fun as it is to read your fairy tales and have a good laugh, the *real* Jews thank you for taking your Messianic bullshit in the closet where it belongs.

:clap: :clap:

I would just like to say that I love the fact that the photo at the top of this page, which tries to explain that no, Messianic types totes aren't Christians playing dress-ups with Jewish stuff, the one guy is putting tefillin on the other guy completely wrong. Like, not even close. You put it on your bicep, dude. Like, hold your hand out, palm up, slide the batim up over your forearm and have it rest directly on your bicep. Also, your shirtsleeves are down so low you won't be able to get in the right spot, anyway. Nice fanny pack, BTW!

tumblr_kz4s36lyht1qb7qwco1_400.jpg

That website also refers to the "Reformed" movement. Note to Beit Shalom Messianics: the correct term is Reform movement.

posts from right after closing believe or not its up to you. I have been a blog reader of hers for quite a while but I am getting tired of these bloggers that act as if they know everything! Being married for a month does not mean you can tell others I practice this and that such as niddah, and all these other things! When will some of these bloggers humble themselves? That is a tenet of many faiths-- humility.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My Husband

My Husband

Ten Things I Love About You

You have such a wonderful sense of humor, and you're always making me laugh.

When I am not feeling well, you are quick to ensure that I am as comfortable as possible by fixing me a cup of tea or giving me a massage (and you take your time with them too!).

You look past my negative traits and insecurities like no one has ever done before.

You are so dedicated in all that you do.

You are generous with everyone, even strangers, and you never hesistate to give tzedakah {charity}.

You offer to do the dishes, when the task seems too daunting for one person (like after Shabbat!).

You enjoy going to bookstores as much as I do.

You are always so protective of me (you make me feel like a princess!)

You are so wise and insightful, and you always know exactly what to say to make me feel better.

You love me for who I am.

I love you, Sweetheart.

Posted by Lina at 10:26 AM 5 comments

Labels: Marriage

Monday, November 14, 2011

On Privacy

On Privacy

I apologize for not blogging more regularly, but I have been feeling a deep desire towards privacy. After coming to the realization that I have pages upon pages of comments written about me on the web, a feeling of absolute horror took over me. I simply cannot allow that to happen anymore. It is far too dangerous.

I have kept a personal blog for over four years now. That is a long time! I enjoy blogging, I really do. But I wonder if I should change the frequency with which I blog, and the content as well.

I do not know yet what I will do. Perhaps I need to meditate more on it.

But I will say that my husband and I are well. We are grateful for Hashem's loving kindness, and for the many blessings He showers upon us daily.

I hope to be more inspired the next time I sit down to write a post.

Blessings,

Lina

Posted by Lina at 3:45 PM 3 comments

Labels: Thoughts

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Magen David Soup

Magen David Soup

I am what you would call a simple cook. I do not like making elaborate meals, perhaps because simple just tastes better in my opinion. My mother used to make a pasta soup that I absolutely loved. She would blend pan-fried garlic and onions in a blender along with fresh tomato, cilantro, and tomato sauce. Then, she would add that mixture, along with several cups of water to a pot with small soup pasta shapes. When the soup was done, we would let it sit for a few minutes before enjoying. My mouth still waters just thinking about it!

The version I make is slightly easier, because I do not bother to blend the ingredients up before cooking. Instead, I throw everything in a pot and let it cook! My husband calls this soup "Magen David" because of the star shaped pasta that I use.

Magen David {Star of David} Soup

Ingredients

1 onion, chopped

3-5 cloves garlic, minced

2 stalks of celery, chopped

2 carrot sticks, sliced into half moons

1 medium potato, diced

1/4 cup small pasta shapes

6 cups of water of broth (I always estimate)

1 6 oz. can tomato sauce (or puree)

Salt and Pepper (to taste)

1/4 cup cilantro, chopped

Directions

In a medium pot, fry the onions and garlic for a few minutes. Add the vegetables and cook for about 3-5 more minutes. Add the water or broth and the tomato puree. Stir. Sprinkle in the salt and pepper. Cover, and cook for about 10 minutes. Finally, add the pasta and cook for the time allotted on the package (usually 8-10 minutes). Turn off heat, and add the cilantro. Let sit for a few minutes before serving.

Posted by Lina at 10:39 AM 7 comments

Labels: Homemaking, Recipe

Friday, November 4, 2011

An Explanation

An Explanation

Shabbat Shalom, dear readers.

If you are able to read this post right now, it is because you have been invited to read my blog, which is now private.

I never liked the idea of having a private blog. It limits my readership, as well as the impact I might be having on other people. But as long as there is evil in the world, my blog must remain private, I'm afraid.

Recently I have been receiving a few messages from friends and acquaintances congratulating me on a pregnancy I didn't announce. Puzzled, I did a search online and found out the source of this mysterious "pregnancy." That source, I should have guess, is Free Jinger. I will not say all that I wish to say about this group, because I do not trust myself to be civil. But I'm sure most of you are familiar with the wickedness of their forum. If you are not familiar with Free Jinger, I will explain it briefly. Basically, Free Jinger is a forum created for the sole purpose of gossiping. The women (and men) on there are G-d hating feminists, who seek to destroy anyone who does not ascribe to their particular lifestyle and world view. So if you are a G-d fearer with a public blog - beware. I, along with several other bloggers whom I am acquainted with, have been bothered by this group since our blogs came into being.

Everything that the Bible is for, they are against. Purity, modesty, devotion, obedience, etc. are all trampled on and laughed at on this forum of theirs. As believers, we shouldn't be surprised when we are persecuted for our faith. The more devoted one is, the stronger the persecution.

I created my blog for the purpose of sharing my thoughts and spiritual growth with those who cared to listen. I also wanted to connect with other like-minded believers. Hashem has blessed me in this endeavor, and I have been able to meet many wonderful, kind, and thoughtful individuals, some of whom I am in contact with on a regular basis.

The reason I chose to make my blog private once more (I've done it before) is to protect myself and my loved ones from further, unnecessary persecution. I am occasionally on the Free Jinger forum to see if I can recognize any of the usernames for the purpose of ridding any of them from my Facebook or blog reader list. After I was informed about their latest gossip surrounding my marriage by an online acquaintace, I decided to check out their latest thread about me. What I found shocked me.

For the past few weeks, they have been discussing the reasons for my husband and I having a civil ceremony. The reason, they say, was to cover up a pre-wedding pregnancy. I had a good laugh as I read through their ridiculous conclusions and over analyzations. After that, I had a good cry. These people really have nothing else to do in life. I genuinely feel sorry for the women on the forum. They are among the most bitter and angry people I have ever come across. It is easy to ignore your own pain when you inflict it on others. Kind of like the man who abuses his wife and children because he was abused as a child. That is what Free Jinger is all about. Mentally or emotionally abused women abusing innocent women, who lead happier lives than they do. If only they would realize that with emunah (faith), happiness and true joy is actually possible.

Yes, my husband and I did have a quick wedding. But only because we were (and still are) deeply in love, and couldn't wait to be able to live as husband and wife. A quick courtship and engagement is usually the case among couples who have made purity a priority all their lives. When my husband and I were still getting to know each other on the phone, he would tell me that when he proposed to me, he would like our engagement to be as short as possible. So when we got engaged, a friend pointed out the benefits of having a civil ceremony. She knew we wanted to convert, and conversion means a second wedding. Rather than having to spend the extra money, we decided to go ahead and plan for a civil ceremony. I suggested we get married during Chanukkah, but my husband wanted us to be married within a few weeks. I was delighted to hear that, as it had been the desire of my heart as well.

As we stood before the Justice of the Peace, he had us end our vows with "You may now kiss the bride." My husband and I stared at each other. We had never kissed before. Our first kiss was meant to be shared privately, preferably on our wedding night. As the JP waited, we chose to hug instead. It was our first hug after our decision to be shomer negiah (no touch) during our courtship.

I kept myself pure all of my life for one man - my husband. I was a virgin on our wedding night, despite the gossip on the Free Jinger forum. My mother warned me about the talk that would follow if we chose to have a civil wedding shortly after our engagement. I didn't care at the time. All I wanted was to be married to my beloved. Call me naive, but I never imagined so many people, both in the online world and in the real world would assume that our wedding happened as a way to hide a pre-marital pregnancy. How cruel. In today's G-dless world, when two young people below the age of 25 get married at court, it is almost always assumed there had to have been a pregnancy.

People these days are so bored with their lives, they have to peer into the lives of others to cure their boredom. But as the saying goes, "Don't worry what people think, they don't do it very often." I truly try to not let false gossip get to me, but the possiblity that somebody would think evil of me or of my husband, makes me sick. Our life as a married couple has been so incredibly happy. I do not want this gossip to ruin the happiness we share. That is why I cannot have a public blog anymore.

The Free Jingers may have succeeded in silencing one voice, but they will never be able to silence the voice of G-d. I hope and pray that these men and women repent before they have to meet face to face with their Creator, giving account for every careless word they said and for every pain they ever inflicted upon their fellow man.

I will end with a well known Chasidic story found on Judaism 101:

A man went about the community telling malicious lies about the rabbi. Later, he realized the wrong he had done, and began to feel remorse. He went to the rabbi and begged his forgiveness, saying he would do anything he could to make amends. The rabbi told the man, "Take a feather pillow, cut it open, and scatter the feathers to the winds." The man thought this was a strange request, but it was a simple enough task, and he did it gladly. When he returned to tell the rabbi that he had done it, the rabbi said, "Now, go and gather the feathers. Because you can no more make amends for the damage your words have done than you can recollect the feathers."

Posted by Lina at 11:07 AM 14 comments

Labels: Marriage, Struggles, Thoughts

Oh, poor-poor-poor Lina! I know it is so hard when you put something out in public to get attention and then you get attention! Waaaah.

srsly, Lina, "yah" thanks you for not misleading any more people into faux Judaism. Please continue to shut the fuck up.

I know the pregnancy hormones are horrible, but you are well into that second trimester so they should be chilling out any day now.

Archived