IGNORED

Where is Lina?

fundiefun

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A screen shot would be awesome. :D

I was half snarking because really, Lina in touch with reality? :shock:

But also I am surprised that somebody who has access would post here. She seems to have things pretty tightly locked down and I assumed only people she knew were allowed access.

Didn't sound like Lina to me either, but I'm willing to believe.

A screen shot would be very nice, Far Go. Considering you are violating Lina's privacy by posting her private facebook updates here, why not go all the way by posting a screenshot (with your identifying details edited out). And include the responses of her facebook friends to make it seem more genuine.

What proof do you have that Lina is pregnant? quote "I think she is due in July" How do you know this?

If you are genuine, you are either a throwaway account of a FJer who still has access, or a 'friend' of Lina's.

On reading through Far Go's post again, seeing the 'tags' part made me realise these would be Lina's latest blog posts, not Facebook updates.

I get the impression that Lina is speaking of the need for a "true and formal" conversion process within Messianism. That would give the Messianics the full play-judaism they want without that sticky getting past the beit din. Still offensive, but at least they'd be keeping it to themselves, and make it difficult to confuse them with real Judaism.

Surely they can do that anyway. As far as I'm aware there are Messianic 'beit din' who do their own conversions. Obviously it isn't accepted within true Judaism, but it is a conversion. Nobody is stopping Lina from doing that or from keeping kosher in her daily life. I don't see how that wouldn't be enough for her.

She'll never be accepted in true Judaism due to her belief in Jesus, but really, for what reason would she want to? Judaism rejects the Christian messiah, why would she want to be part of that? Why would she want to be part of a movement which rejects one of her most central beliefs. It does seem quite silly to me.

I'm generally not the sceptic but find it hard to believe that the Yeshua *Barum Hashem* lover with 20 hebrew words in every line can write so much stuff without even using one hebrew word. Also they never ever wrote messianic before and suddenly she has entire posts about it? I'm confused, either she was just a show for when her blog was public, and now she's being more honest, or it's just not her...

I dunno...

I'm generally not the sceptic but find it hard to believe that the Yeshua *Barum Hashem* lover with 20 hebrew words in every line can write so much stuff without even using one hebrew word. Also they never ever wrote messianic before and suddenly she has entire posts about it? I'm confused, either she was just a show for when her blog was public, and now she's being more honest, or it's just not her...

I dunno...

Heh, now that you mention it, didn't she start signing her posts Mrs. Lina D. or something like that? It's possible she just got bored of it, but...

Hm...

Yeah, I agree, doesn't really sound like Lina (no Yiddish? No Mrs? Talking openly about being Messianic?). I will reserve my judgment though. Also, Far_go, why did you not post the pregnancy announcement?

from her blog not her facebook I do not have her on my facebook skeptics and I do not know I was guessing based on baby books and the mothering.com thing posted here

My husband and I have been frustrated by the lack of unity and legitimacy within the Messianic Jewish movement today. As a result, and because of our sincere desire to convert, we had been looking into the possibility of undergoing formal conversion under Orthodox (i.e. non-Messianic) auspices.

Note to Lina (if you really posted that):

There is no unity within REAL Judaism. WE have Orthodox Jews, Conservative Jews, Reconstructionist Jews, Reform Jews, non-denominational Jews, unaffiliated Jews, secular Jews, etc. But we have no Yeshua-believing Jews! Also, haven't you heard that if you ask 2 Jews a question you'll get 3 answers. If you're looking for unity, look elsewhere. You're not going to find unity among Jews. Correction, WE are unified in one area: Jesus/Yeshua was not moshiach. If you believe Jesus/Yeshua was moshiach you are a CHRISTIAN!

Note to Lina (if you really posted that):

There is no unity within REAL Judaism. WE have Orthodox Jews, Conservative Jews, Reconstructionist Jews, Reform Jews, non-denominational Jews, unaffiliated Jews, secular Jews, etc. But we have no Yeshua-believing Jews! Also, haven't you heard that if you ask 2 Jews a question you'll get 3 answers. If you're looking for unity, look elsewhere. You're not going to find unity among Jews. Correction, WE are unified in one area: Jesus/Yeshua was not moshiach. If you believe Jesus/Yeshua was moshiach you are a CHRISTIAN!

This^. In a group of Jews, you will get agreement on nothing except the Jesus question. I believe in some kind of reincarnation that may or may not end up with some version of Heaven. I bet not a single Jew here agrees with me. :lol: And that is typical. That is one of the things I like about Judaism; I am told what to do to some extent, but what I believe is up to me. The only common threads are the laws and awaiting of a Messiah/Messianic age.

I think she is pregnant, but not because someone here told me so. And I am betting on a May delivery, maybe earlier.

This^. In a group of Jews, you will get agreement on nothing except the Jesus question. I believe in some kind of reincarnation that may or may not end up with some version of Heaven. I bet not a single Jew here agrees with me. :lol: And that is typical. That is one of the things I like about Judaism; I am told what to do to some extent, but what I believe is up to me. The only common threads are the laws and awaiting of a Messiah/Messianic age.

I think she is pregnant, but not because someone here told me so. And I am betting on a May delivery, maybe earlier.

I don't believe in reincarnation, but I sort of did when I was young (like seven or eight) because despite growing up in a practicing family (not quite Conservadox, but just a step below that), going to shul every week, and going to a Jewish day school, I had heard of reincarnation and nobody had ever explained to me what Jews believed about what happened ever death. Because nobody cared that much. Actually, that's something else I'd say is pretty constant across Judaism--a focus on this life, not the next one (but of course Jews disagree about whether a next life even exists ;) ).

I believe in some kind of reincarnation that may or may not end up with some version of Heaven. I bet not a single Jew here agrees with me.

I believe in reincarnation. I believe our souls continue to travel in the same circles life after life. I'm not sure how many times the soul is "recycled." Maybe until it "gets it right?"

Growing up, I was extremely close to my grandmother -- closer to her than to anyone, even my parents. My daughter is named after her (and her original due date was my grandmother's birthday). When my daughter was about 3, she did something I had only seen one other person (my grandmother) do, and my grandmother did it often. I asked my daughter why she did it, and she responded, "I like it that way." I told her that I had only seen one other person do that particular thing and mentioned my grandmother by name. My daughter cut me off and "corrected" me by saying my grandmother's very unusual nickname, which she had never heard. I was shocked. I quickly regained my composure and asked her why she used that (nick)name. Her response, "I just prefer that name!" I nearly collapsed. Truth be told, if my grandmother could choose a person to return to, it would definitely be me. It makes me happy to think that my daughter may be carrying more than just her great-grandmother's name.

I'm betting Lina will be back after Christmas Hanukkah.

Ohhh this brings up an interesting dilemma!! I wonder what they will be celebrating this winter season at the TT household. We really need a word from our dear Lina !

Nevermind that Christmas tree over there with the crucifix on the wall above it, we're Orthodox Jews !

Ohhh this brings up an interesting dilemma!! I wonder what they will be celebrating this winter season at the TT household. We really need a word from our dear Lina !

Nevermind that Christmas tree over there with the crucifix on the wall above it, we're Orthodox Jews !

She stopped celebrating Christmas because it is "pagan", but you're idea is awesome. :lol:

Guest Anonymous

Lina is NOT pregnant but she is saddened by what she perceives as attacks on her with no proof other than conjecture. For those who are so greatly interested in their lives...Lina is shutting down her blog for good due to Free Jinger. Hope this is the update you were anticipating.

Shall we all have a go?

Lina is TWO MONTHS pregnant and is happily learning to sew tallitot into babygros. She loves the drama of being talked about by Free Jinger because it helps with the mundanity of washing dishes and being lazy for God. I hope this is the update you were expecting.

Who's next?

For those who are so greatly interested in their lives...Lina is shutting down her blog for good due to Free Jinger. Hope this is the update you were anticipating.

Oh dear, what am I going to do with my life without knowing every little detail about Lina? I for one am absolutely crushed by this revelation.

Lina is NOT pregnant but she is saddened by what she perceives as attacks on her with no proof other than conjecture. For those who are so greatly interested in their lives...Lina is shutting down her blog for good due to Free Jinger. Hope this is the update you were anticipating.

Victory is ours! :clap:

I will miss Lina updates, but I prefer her to keep her blog shut down if all she's going to do is spread lies and misinformation about my religion and then whine and complain when people try to point out the issues with what she's saying.

Guest Anonymous

She is shutting her blog for good and unless you know her personally you wouldn't know whether she is pregnant or not. She is trying to maintain some semblance of privacy. No matter what anyone here thinks of her, she is a newlywed.

Her choices are her choices.

She is shutting her blog for good and unless you know her personally you wouldn't know whether she is pregnant or not. She is trying to maintain some semblance of privacy. No matter what anyone here thinks of her, she is a newlywed.

Her choices are her choices.

So you're saying she's pregnant?

Well that's just dumb. If she likes blogging, she should keep blogging. Just keep it set on private.

Maybe in a few years she'll have thicker skin.

I am not saying she is or is not. That is not my information (no matter the answer) to share.

So when you said, and I quote, "Lina is NOT pregnant" what you were really saying was that you're not saying?

I like you. You're fun.

So when you said, and I quote, "Lina is NOT pregnant" what you were really saying was that you're not saying?

I like you. You're fun.

*snort* :lol:

Yeah, of all the visitors we've had in the last couple of days, this one's showing the most promise. Stick around Cabbage, share more of Lina's personal information like not being pregnant or why and whether or not she's closing her blog!

Guest Anonymous

I am going back to my life (that doesn't include tearing apart others) so have fun with the vitriol, anger, bile and hate that you stew in. Later bitter ones!

Archived