IGNORED

R Anna got a cake. What would you get?

Rainbowcolor

Let's see... She has a brain, she can study, she can pass an exam (with good grades), she gets no special treatment from her instructor (other than being allowed to talk to him in person, unlike, apparently, other female students)

Hmmm.... Sounds like she might get the equivalent of 3 college credits.

OK, let's be generous and give her SIX credits....

Now... If you had had an ice cream cake party to celebrate earning 6 of YOUR college credits, what do you think your prize should be for your college DEGREE (or post grad degree)?

Remember, only good grades count.

Well, when Roseanne's show hit number one in the ratings, making its producers tons of money, they gave her a chocolate cake in the shape of a 1. She knew damned good and well that men whose shows hit number one got sports cars, not a measly cake. What does this have to do with your question? Steve Maxwell treats his female moneymakers the way godless tv producers treated theirs -- back in the old days!!!! He should be very ashamed, is my opinion & point.

Hmm, when I finish my Master's (in the spring, as long as I pass comprehensives), I would love a trip to Florence to see one of my BFFs from college who's studying there and, while I'm over there, a few weeks in England, Scotland and Wales.

What am I getting? My family converging on the city to see my graduation, even my paternal grandparents who don't usually go to graduations (they didn't come to my college graduation, but Master's is different... ?) and my grandma's sister who lives in CA. A weekend at the beach with a house full of people who love me and are there to celebrate my achievement? I'll take it :)

At that rate I could get two cakes or more a semester. Hell, after this semester I'd be entitled to 2.75 cakes. I should really try and strike up a deal like this with my parents for my remaining semester in college...

When I graduate from med school, I am going to get the gift of being middle class again!

We are also talking about going to Hawaii though.

They should allow her to go take the dang A+ certification exam so if need be, she can use what she knows and prove that she knows it and provide for her blessed arrows.

Well, when I earned my BA I got to go back to college and earn my teaching credentials. When I earned my teaching credentials, I got a job, so I could afford to earn more teaching credentials. All so I could have financial independence and freedom to live my life on my terms. To Hell with cake.

I don't think I got anything at all on graduation; apparently my parents felt that paying for me to spend four years at university ought to count for something, and I could hardly complain.

Champagne would seem reasonable, though. Plus a nice dinner.

For my graduation I got a fucking awesome party with my relatives, neighbors, family friends, etc, my parents made shirts with my face on them, everyone came to the ceremony and everyone went out to lunch afterwards. Especially since I'd been planning to move across the country a few days later, everyone came out! I also got a BucketLoad of Cash.

Yeah, we were excited. A cake for six credits? Wow. I should have gotten 15 cakes in the course of my college career (not counting APs!)

When I graduated from University, I went to Turkey for two weeks. It was amazing. When I graduated from law school, I backpacked through Europe but i paid for most of that trip myself. We didn't get anything for graduating from elementary school or high school, or passing tests.

Before that I used to get taken out for dairy free ice desserts for reports cards.

If Anna ever gets away from her parents, she deserves much more than a cake.

My son got his A+ certification, a 29 on his ACTs, and a 5 on his AP History test and I just told him good job. is that why my son is mad at me? Would a cake make him feel better about himself? Not the sense of accomplishment ad pride in himself? LOL

When I graduated from college with honors I got a useless degree to hang on my wall.

Will receive the same in May. Then work for the one with MA in its title at which time I will still "get" nothing except maybe a nice dinner out.

My son got his A+ certification, a 29 on his ACTs, and a 5 on his AP History test and I just told him good job. is that why my son is mad at me? Would a cake make him feel better about himself? Not the sense of accomplishment ad pride in himself? LOL

Yes a big fancy cake, probably something like this:

hilarious_graduation_cakes_01.jpg

Eh, it doesn't seem that big of a deal to pass an exam for certification exam. Hey, whatever floats their boat.

When I graduated from college, I got to pack up my gears and drive out of the dorms LOL.

a passport and one way tickets to Canada! Avoiding conscripting Pa is just your best bet with those awesome IT capacities.

Hmmm. Let's see. A job?

The more I see of the craziness, the sadder it makes me. As much as I whinge about having to go out and work, it gives me some financial independence and ***gasp*** exposure to ppl outside of my nuclear family. The Maxwell kids are never going to have even a working relationship with ppl who aren't 'likeminded'. There's no way they'll ever be exposed to the idea that their patriarch might not be right all of the time. Papa Steve has them well and truly trapped.

I will get the opportunity to get a job where i make enough money to support myself and then move far far away from my parents. My parents aren't giving me anything but maybe congratulations. Maybe a frame for my degree if i'm so inclined. If i got cake for 6 credits however, i would expect for the B.A. i will be getting in about 6 months i should get cake, ice cream AND pizza. At least 3 foods for a full degree for sure.

Hmm, I should be able to remember, since graduation was earlier this year! :roll: I believe the going rate for college graduations in my extended family is about $50 and a homemade card if the cousins in that branch of the family happen to be elementary-aged. My fundie Catholic aunt gave me a strange religious book, so that was cool. Otherwise, it was back to school as usual in September for... more school! Wait, just remembered, my parents, sister, and grandmother (the people I had at graduation) took me to the campus Dairy Queen after the ceremony, which was seriously awesome, no sarcasm.

Archived