IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 19: Leaning on the Everlasting Gwen

Coconut Flan

On 8/13/2021 at 12:38 AM, Strawbernana said:

The first google result when you search his name is his LinkedIn page, it shows a bachelors degree in education and then he’s worked in healthcare administration roles since graduating. No mention of any religious training but I guess one might not put such things on their LinkedIn. I’d be surprised if someone joined RF after actually going through seminary though, their theology is pretty far out from mainstream Christianity.

I think Durville is being given a small paid job at the Remnant Fellowship cult because they needed him please to stop talking publicly about his job as a Lyft driver. I don't think that was setting the hoity-toity tone they wanted. And I also don't think they want him to be a major focus on stage too often. He's not really part of the inner group. 

5 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

I've been trying to listen to Elizabeth's phone call to the church during their Saturday service and whew! She's almost as incoherent as her mother.

She's talking about reading Gwen's journals and papers, trying to figure out where she was headed and where the church needs to go and she's determined to figure it all out. So it sounds like, though it seems like Elizabeth was the heir apparent, no actual training or briefing or anything was done to prepare her to take over.

The gist of her message to the church it is that God's helping Elizabeth figure out what Gwen wanted to do.

Got that? 

So unimpressive, she's just rambling on and on and only talking about herself. And that goes for the disgusting testimonials as well. How can these smug yahoos possibly interest their listeners with such inane "me me me" talk. It must be grueling to have to sit and listen to their yammering. I can't believe anyone's actually able to force themselves to attend these appalling gatherings. But then, the authoritá is telling these weakminded souls that they must show up. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, finacial ice said:

Its very sad how they brain wash these kids at this age. If their  parents decide to leave the church for whatever reason, leadership immediately runs to any member of the family preferably kids this age and brain wash them to stay in church.  This is how the church prevents their parents to be quiet and not speaking out the truth about this cult.  They use the child as a pawn.  Parents open their mouth, they don't get to see their child, or child wont have anything to do with the parents if they start talking.  People dont realize how evil this place really is. Just scary the things they do to families and kids.

But it does look like to me, God has had enough, and clearly warning and showing them that he is God. NOT gwen......

Just appalling how this cult delights in pitting family members against each other. Not to mention stalking perceived enemies and almost always supporting abusiveness when given half a chance to do so. Wouldn't it be great if the upcoming HBO series really mops up the floor with them. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, NarcissismKills said:

I think Durville is being given a small paid job at the Remnant Fellowship cult because they needed him please to stop talking publicly about his job as a Lyft driver. I don't think that was setting the hoity-toity tone they wanted. And I also don't think they want him to be a major focus on stage too often. He's not really part of the inner group. 

So unimpressive, she's just rambling on and on and only talking about herself. And that goes for the disgusting testimonials as well. How can these smug yahoos possibly interest their listeners with such inane "me me me" talk. It must be grueling to have to sit and listen to their yammering. I can't believe anyone's actually able to force themselves to attend these appalling gatherings. But then, the authoritá is telling these weakminded souls that they must show up. 

The guy who gave the testimony about being a Lyft driver is Terrell Cohen. He and his wife are featured a lot on stage because they both have 100+ lb weight loss testimonies. Durville said in his testimony (where he revealed that he had been asked to work at RF) that he was asked to leave corporate America. If you take a look at the leadership page, you will find both Terrell and Durville listed there. Terrell and his wife are listed as ministry assistants and Durville is up higher on the page under "Meet our leaders". Prior to the announcement of his hiring, Durville was being called on quite a bit to close out service.

Edited by freefromthin
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

2 hours ago, NarcissismKills said:

It must be grueling to have to sit and listen to their yammering. I can't believe anyone's actually able to force themselves to attend these appalling gatherings.

I was marvelling at the standing ovation for Every. Single. Speaker. And then I realized that probably helps a tiny bit to alleviate the boredom. 🥱😴💤

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

I've been trying to listen to Elizabeth's phone call to the church during their Saturday service and whew! She's almost as incoherent as her mother.

She's talking about reading Gwen's journals and papers, trying to figure out where she was headed and where the church needs to go and she's determined to figure it all out. So it sounds like, though it seems like Elizabeth was the heir apparent, no actual training or briefing or anything was done to prepare her to take over.

The gist of her message to the church it is that God's helping Elizabeth figure out what Gwen wanted to do.

Got that? 

Shes at gwens (well hers now) beach house in florida for several weeks

1 hour ago, freefromthin said:

The guy who gave the testimony about being a Lyft driver is Terrell Cohen. He and his wife are featured a lot on stage because they both have 100+ lb weight loss testimonies. Durville said in his testimony (where he revealed that he had been asked to work at RF) that he was asked to leave corporate America. If you take a look at the leadership page, you will find both Terrell and Durville listed there. Terrell and his wife are listed as ministry assistants and Durville is up higher on the page under "Meet our leaders". Prior to the announcement of his hiring, Durville was being called on quite a bit to close out service.

Well looks like he finally got hired on. hes been wanting that job for some time now.

• Upvote 6

9 hours ago, finacial ice said:

Shes at gwens (well hers now) beach house in florida for several weeks

What is the excuse … ahem I mean divine  reasoning … that they are telling everyone? I mean ‘cmon how long has it been. I’m not saying that she doesn’t need time to grieve. Good Lord she DOES need time to grieve. But RF doesn’t grieve. That’s not “the way”.

So I’m curious about why they are ok with her calling in. I’m guessing that there has to be someone in authority saying something about this. Anyone know?  I can’t ask family without raising eyebrows and risking being cut off. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, RFfamANON said:

What is the excuse … ahem I mean divine  reasoning … that they are telling everyone? I mean ‘cmon how long has it been. I’m not saying that she doesn’t need time to grieve. Good Lord she DOES need time to grieve. But RF doesn’t grieve. That’s not “the way”.

So I’m curious about why they are ok with her calling in. I’m guessing that there has to be someone in authority saying something about this. Anyone know?  I can’t ask family without raising eyebrows and risking being cut off. 

I thought she'd want to be with her warm loving church family.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RFfamANON said:

So I’m curious about why they are ok with her calling in.

So funny! We use the expression "She's just phoning it in" and here we have a literal 'phoning it in.' 😅

15 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Elizabeth will have to come home soon because school is starting.

I thought she homeschools her kids. No?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

Just now, ManyGoats said:

So funny! We use the expression "She's just phoning it in" and here we have a literal 'phoning it in.' 😅

I thought she homeschools her kids. No?

I thought that most of them do a co-op or go to a local public school.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

20 hours ago, NarcissismKills said:

LOL right!! But they preach you must get out of self!! Its disgusting!! You seriously have to be a blinded moron to actually be on board with it all, but i guess money talks...  

• Upvote 3

OK, so  I took the liberty of typing out Elizabeth's ENTIRE message. There are a lot of interesting nuggets in here. Seems like she is feeling the call to lead in the SAME WAY as her mother did. I'm concerned about her being able to grieve the loss of her husband and mother...but hey...what do I  know. It's long and rambling, but if you're interested, here goes...PLEASE forgive any typos or lack of punctuation. I am trying to rest my brain for a bit.

Elizabeth:

I'm so grateful to be alive, I can't even tell y'all what all is happening. And What all is going on is absolutely amazing and I want the church to be extremely encouraged because with every day passing I am getting more and more I believe signs and revelations from God and I could not be more thrilled to be getting what I'm getting. And what I feel I am walking with God and I am uh I feel His good pleasure. But I am even receiving dreams that are uh that are so moving to me and but one dream that I had and I I believe I um uh this will be very quick because I know everybody is you know standing on their feet but in short, what I'm trying to tell everyone would be that this present suffering is nothing compared to what we are about to receive and I don't even know if it's here, but in the heavens, I believe that we are walking on an earth that is full of pain, full of suffering, full of discipline and for those that are being disciplined right now by God, do not get too discouraged it means that you are loved by God, it means that He cares about you, it means that you are his child and He wants you to humble yourself and cry out to Him more. So don't be discouraged if you maybe haven't reached the bar that you wanna reach quite yet. Go in there and thank God that you are a child of His. And I opened up last night to this scripture it's just don't don't take discipline too hard, don't don't don't don't take it the wrong way, take it the right way and know that He adores you and that's and that part of your cross is discipline, part of our suffering is having to receive pain from God so that we get it right. And so pick up your cross and follow Him and no one will be able to follow Him unless they pick up their cross of of discipline and suffering and everything. But I last Wednesday night, I'm not sure if you all were aware of what happened Wednesday night but it uh at first it it really discouraged me because I was trying to figure out "Why, why God?" I was on my knees crying out to God, but ah, if y'all noticed the webcast flickered during Gwen's webcast on Wednesday night, there...lightening had struck the steeple, so I I...I uh did not know about it Wednesday night...we were out of town and we actually ended up webcasting the next morning uh because of some things that were going on and anyways I was unaware of this until the next day. Well, when I heard about it , I... I...I...I did, I did go to my knees going "God what is it, what is it, what is it? I mean, what...you know How can I lead better, what...what what what have we done, what has this church done, I...what can we do...Well anyway somebody had um...and uh that's the way my mother taught me was to look inward, and that's a very unusual thing for something to strike...anyways someone had sent over they said "Did you realize that when it flickered...when it flickered...Gwen was saying this?" and they sent me the video of what she was saying when she said it, well, to put it together, um...she had said that, "I suppose that if there IS a heaven...if there are...if there is a heaven, and we're all headed that direction, then I suppose our present sufferings are nowhere near compared to what the glory is that is... that is headed our way." Well anyways, I went back thought about it and when she had said it I said when did that lightening strike, when did that happen and and I was I was searching for the answer and that that's what came to be and then my friends had reminded me that at the same time, I had sent out uh a scripture at the same time... at the same same time as as Gwen was speaking I had sent out uh to my to my friends uh that Romans 8:18 uh that was uh you know "I suppose that our present sufferings do not compare with the glory you know that is going to be revealed in us." Well, so Gwen and I were saying the exact same thing and then it occurred to me that it was on her anniversary which is August 18th, which is 8/18 and I went back and looked at what was the scripture that I sent out and it was Romans 8:18 and so it was on 8/18 that I sent out Romans 8/18 when the lightening struck and and I believe that what that was about was is I would have never put two and two together to go back and even look at that cause I mean I send out scriptures sometimes and that was you know and we watch webcasts sometimes but I would have never put two and two together unless that lightening had struck that steeple for me to go back in there and go what was she say...what was...when was the strike, what was she saying, and then somebody goes you sent that out at the same time and all of that to say I still believe that this is a good sign this is a good sign that God was once again shaking the heavens and the earth like that scripture I had originally gotten that He's shaking it up to say, "This is what I'm trying to say", and that and Gwen and Elizabeth were saying it at the exact same time when the lightening struck was I SUPPOSE that what we're going through here is nothing compared to where we are going and I'd had a dream uh this past week and in my dream I was shuffling through papers and I was uh searching for an answer and so I I kept searching and searching and I was going through papers and then I'd go oh that's it so then I would drive to another location and then I was searching through more papers there and searching through papers and I was going, oh that's it OK there so I kept and anyways I drove to several different locations searching through papers and like some kind of an investigation, I don't even know what I was doing in my dream but I was doing that well anyways it led me all the way to a a big room of glass and I was I was wiping it down trying to see through the glass to see what was in there and sure enough my mother was in there and uh she was in her all little black outfit and uh you know just like like she always would be just adorable and she was in there almost falling asleep but she was listening to some meeting or something and so I was like rubbing down the glass and anyway so she sees me and she just jumps up she's so excited and she runs out the the door and I and I was going you've you've been here all along, you you you've been here all along and I was almost borderline upset just going what, how what, what in the world what what are you doing I didn't know you were here you, I didn't know you were here, and she was smiling and giddy and I don't know if you were close enough to Gwen you could see her doing it she was just clapping her hands and she was all excited and and she just goes, and uh she goes, I KNEW you'd figure it out! I JUST KNEW YOU'D FIGURE IT OUT! And she was SO happy. But what I had figured out in my dream after all that scrambling through the papers and going everywhere what I had figured out was that she was there all along and and I figured it out at the end that that she was there all along and that uh but you know she was going I knew I knew you'd figure it out, but to me... and and I'm not saying that she's here physically but I am saying that I believe that these people are closer than we think. And I believe the heavens are closer than we think. I believe it's possible that we walk amongst angels I believe that they are here I mean they are he- they are watching, they are cheering us on and you know we did just get back from FL and I had sat in Gwen's chair and did a little devo with the kids just like Gwen would have done and then we all went out to the deck and Wesley was playing guitar for us and we were singing and how the kids sing holy, holy holy and we were raising our hands to the heavens outside and there was a meteor shower of of you know um shooting stars and uh but anyways I just it was it was hard not to cry cause I was just going I'm I'm this is exactly what Gwen would have done this is exactly what Gwen would have done she would have met with those children, she would have told them their responsibilities and she would have moved it back outside to give glory to God and um so you know I want y'all to now that I'm again I just want to reassure the church that I am taking one step at a time and trying to do exactly what my mother would have done and that I am getting good good good good signs that that God's gonna give me the answers and that I am investigating, I am digging through papers, I'm taking every journal she's got and I'm digging and I am I am determined to figure out exactly where she was headed and where this church needs to go and I'm not gonna stop until I figure the whole thing out and um I'm very excited because listening to you all today and just knowing that everybody is doing it in their own way, everybody's you know...everybody's looking inward, everybody is um you know ah everybody's doing this and I can't thank ya'll enough because if this church didn't keep on uh you know I I I'd I'd do it by myself but I I don't want to and I'm very very appreciative of all of y'all and I'm thankful to the music that keeps going and the faithful Mileys and the faithful Julie Radabaughs and the Matts and and Phoebe and all the people that get up there and and you know taking it on like David Martin would have done, and David Martin never missed an assembly... that man's my hero, he uh you know he had to you know he had to he had to pass away before he missed an assembly and um you that was know always you know always a little a LITTLE convicting and um but um you know these you guys are all doing it and um I'm so thankful and again thank you for the time that you all have given me to uh be off to do what I am doing which is investigating I'm taking every little nook and cranny over here at Ashlawn and I'm digging through all her papers, I'm trying I'm bound and determined I found some papers of what she was planning on doing this year and I couldn't have gotten more excited and um I found one journal that said you know...you know, "To you know to to to the person who finds this journal" and I was going whoo whoo whoo ha ha this is this is fun, it's uh, I can't even tell you...It's like Sherlock Holms over here I'm dusting off everything over here it's like when they came in and dusted off everything to to figure out how to rebuild the wall and how how to get it going but everything that I'm getting still is that things can be if we do what is right if we do what is right things can be different and and I'll end it with this cause again I know y'all are standing but that Erin Moore reminded me of a dream that I had had and um and maybe I'll get her to share it sometime cause cause she's probably gonna remember it better than me but I'd a dream and she has it on her phone but it was two days before my mother passed and in my dream that I had uh and it's so this is this is on record on May the 27th on a Thursday but you know I s- I had had a dream I said Erin let- remind me to to tell you this dream that I had but anyways in my dream my um mother was actually crying and I was trying to console my mother and she was concerned and she was worried and uh and I was going no, no, no it's gonna be Ok, it's gonna be OK, but she was very very worried and I uh I said and I said to her in my dream Mom actually this is the start of something new and the church is gonna be stronger than it was before. DO NOT WORRY and then I woke up from my dream and so that I couldn't I didn't even remember that until Erin Moore reminded me this past week. So uh if all of this is true if all these dreams are coming to pass that this is something new and it can be stronger than ever before and that, that, that I can remember my mother saying I knew you'd figure it out, I knew you'd figure it out and what what I figured out is that our present suffering is not compared to what is headed our way if we do what is right so hang in there, don't be discouraged go in there and just go what can I do so that I can get it right so that I can be with these people for ever and ever and ever and I am more excited about heaven than I ever have been I am less afraid of death than I ever have been because death is just a passing to from one party to the next and this next party is going to be superior and uh and Amy Stites said something along the lines of um and I had to get her tickled this past week she cause she said they're gonna be so far ahead of us once we get there and um and you know they're gonna be you know all you know and I said, no no no no, I said I am bound and determined that I am going to be in Peter and Pauls' group as soon as I get there I am not gonna, I am not gonna sit around and act like just because I was born a couple thousand years later that I can't be in their group, that is ridiculous... and um so I I I had Amy Stites tickled and and uh but uh you know, I am just living to where I am I I I can't wait to see God, I can't wait to see him I can't wait to see those people I can't wait for them to go well done good and faithful servants, thank ya'll for continuing on the church and and and I I knew you would, I knew you'd figure it out, I knew you would. So hang in there keep joining with me don't get discouraged lets go all the way so that we can go all the way to the heavenly realms and be with all of them for all eternity. I love you all have a blessed Sabbath.

I wasn't sure how to type this up and then link to it without possibly giving away my identity, so if someone who's computer savvy has some ideas, feel free.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 23
  • Love 1

Thank you for posting that, @freefromthin.  If that's her thinking now, Elizabeth seems to be struggling.  She's looking for clues and signs to tell her how to keep the church going.   Mostly, it's just sad because I don't think Gwen really explained how it all works and what she did.  I gather that Elizabeth just believed the hype and now she thinks the prophet left the future of the church on her shoulders.  I think Gwen believed that she was one of God's chosen but, on a deeper level, she knew that she was conning people.  The way she tried to cover up for the parents in the child abuse trial showed that she was devious and able to twist the truth.  I guess Elizabeth couldn't or didn't want to see that side of her mother.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2

21 minutes ago, Xan said:

Thank you for posting that, @freefromthin.  If that's her thinking now, Elizabeth seems to be struggling.  She's looking for clues and signs to tell her how to keep the church going.   Mostly, it's just sad because I don't think Gwen really explained how it all works and what she did. 

Who could sit thru this? Rufus bless

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 13

2 hours ago, freefromthin said:

OK, so  I took the liberty of typing out Elizabeth's ENTIRE message. There are a lot of interesting nuggets in here. Seems like she is feeling the call to lead in the SAME WAY as her mother did. I'm concerned about her being able to grieve the loss of her husband and mother...but hey...what do I  know. It's long and rambling, but if you're interested, here goes...PLEASE forgive any typos or lack of punctuation. I am trying to rest my brain for a bit.

Elizabeth:

I'm so grateful to be alive, I can't even tell y'all what all is happening. And What all is going on is absolutely amazing and I want the church to be extremely encouraged because with every day passing I am getting more and more I believe signs and revelations from God and I could not be more thrilled to be getting what I'm getting. And what I feel I am walking with God and I am uh I feel His good pleasure. But I am even receiving dreams that are uh that are so moving to me and but one dream that I had and I I believe I um uh this will be very quick because I know everybody is you know standing on their feet but in short, what I'm trying to tell everyone would be that this present suffering is nothing compared to what we are about to receive and I don't even know if it's here, but in the heavens, I believe that we are walking on an earth that is full of pain, full of suffering, full of discipline and for those that are being disciplined right now by God, do not get too discouraged it means that you are loved by God, it means that He cares about you, it means that you are his child and He wants you to humble yourself and cry out to Him more. So don't be discouraged if you maybe haven't reached the bar that you wanna reach quite yet. Go in there and thank God that you are a child of His. And I opened up last night to this scripture it's just don't don't take discipline too hard, don't don't don't don't take it the wrong way, take it the right way and know that He adores you and that's and that part of your cross is discipline, part of our suffering is having to receive pain from God so that we get it right. And so pick up your cross and follow Him and no one will be able to follow Him unless they pick up their cross of of discipline and suffering and everything. But I last Wednesday night, I'm not sure if you all were aware of what happened Wednesday night but it uh at first it it really discouraged me because I was trying to figure out "Why, why God?" I was on my knees crying out to God, but ah, if y'all noticed the webcast flickered during Gwen's webcast on Wednesday night, there...lightening had struck the steeple, so I I...I uh did not know about it Wednesday night...we were out of town and we actually ended up webcasting the next morning uh because of some things that were going on and anyways I was unaware of this until the next day. Well, when I heard about it , I... I...I...I did, I did go to my knees going "God what is it, what is it, what is it? I mean, what...you know How can I lead better, what...what what what have we done, what has this church done, I...what can we do...Well anyway somebody had um...and uh that's the way my mother taught me was to look inward, and that's a very unusual thing for something to strike...anyways someone had sent over they said "Did you realize that when it flickered...when it flickered...Gwen was saying this?" and they sent me the video of what she was saying when she said it, well, to put it together, um...she had said that, "I suppose that if there IS a heaven...if there are...if there is a heaven, and we're all headed that direction, then I suppose our present sufferings are nowhere near compared to what the glory is that is... that is headed our way." Well anyways, I went back thought about it and when she had said it I said when did that lightening strike, when did that happen and and I was I was searching for the answer and that that's what came to be and then my friends had reminded me that at the same time, I had sent out uh a scripture at the same time... at the same same time as as Gwen was speaking I had sent out uh to my to my friends uh that Romans 8:18 uh that was uh you know "I suppose that our present sufferings do not compare with the glory you know that is going to be revealed in us." Well, so Gwen and I were saying the exact same thing and then it occurred to me that it was on her anniversary which is August 18th, which is 8/18 and I went back and looked at what was the scripture that I sent out and it was Romans 8:18 and so it was on 8/18 that I sent out Romans 8/18 when the lightening struck and and I believe that what that was about was is I would have never put two and two together to go back and even look at that cause I mean I send out scriptures sometimes and that was you know and we watch webcasts sometimes but I would have never put two and two together unless that lightening had struck that steeple for me to go back in there and go what was she say...what was...when was the strike, what was she saying, and then somebody goes you sent that out at the same time and all of that to say I still believe that this is a good sign this is a good sign that God was once again shaking the heavens and the earth like that scripture I had originally gotten that He's shaking it up to say, "This is what I'm trying to say", and that and Gwen and Elizabeth were saying it at the exact same time when the lightening struck was I SUPPOSE that what we're going through here is nothing compared to where we are going and I'd had a dream uh this past week and in my dream I was shuffling through papers and I was uh searching for an answer and so I I kept searching and searching and I was going through papers and then I'd go oh that's it so then I would drive to another location and then I was searching through more papers there and searching through papers and I was going, oh that's it OK there so I kept and anyways I drove to several different locations searching through papers and like some kind of an investigation, I don't even know what I was doing in my dream but I was doing that well anyways it led me all the way to a a big room of glass and I was I was wiping it down trying to see through the glass to see what was in there and sure enough my mother was in there and uh she was in her all little black outfit and uh you know just like like she always would be just adorable and she was in there almost falling asleep but she was listening to some meeting or something and so I was like rubbing down the glass and anyway so she sees me and she just jumps up she's so excited and she runs out the the door and I and I was going you've you've been here all along, you you you've been here all along and I was almost borderline upset just going what, how what, what in the world what what are you doing I didn't know you were here you, I didn't know you were here, and she was smiling and giddy and I don't know if you were close enough to Gwen you could see her doing it she was just clapping her hands and she was all excited and and she just goes, and uh she goes, I KNEW you'd figure it out! I JUST KNEW YOU'D FIGURE IT OUT! And she was SO happy. But what I had figured out in my dream after all that scrambling through the papers and going everywhere what I had figured out was that she was there all along and and I figured it out at the end that that she was there all along and that uh but you know she was going I knew I knew you'd figure it out, but to me... and and I'm not saying that she's here physically but I am saying that I believe that these people are closer than we think. And I believe the heavens are closer than we think. I believe it's possible that we walk amongst angels I believe that they are here I mean they are he- they are watching, they are cheering us on and you know we did just get back from FL and I had sat in Gwen's chair and did a little devo with the kids just like Gwen would have done and then we all went out to the deck and Wesley was playing guitar for us and we were singing and how the kids sing holy, holy holy and we were raising our hands to the heavens outside and there was a meteor shower of of you know um shooting stars and uh but anyways I just it was it was hard not to cry cause I was just going I'm I'm this is exactly what Gwen would have done this is exactly what Gwen would have done she would have met with those children, she would have told them their responsibilities and she would have moved it back outside to give glory to God and um so you know I want y'all to now that I'm again I just want to reassure the church that I am taking one step at a time and trying to do exactly what my mother would have done and that I am getting good good good good signs that that God's gonna give me the answers and that I am investigating, I am digging through papers, I'm taking every journal she's got and I'm digging and I am I am determined to figure out exactly where she was headed and where this church needs to go and I'm not gonna stop until I figure the whole thing out and um I'm very excited because listening to you all today and just knowing that everybody is doing it in their own way, everybody's you know...everybody's looking inward, everybody is um you know ah everybody's doing this and I can't thank ya'll enough because if this church didn't keep on uh you know I I I'd I'd do it by myself but I I don't want to and I'm very very appreciative of all of y'all and I'm thankful to the music that keeps going and the faithful Mileys and the faithful Julie Radabaughs and the Matts and and Phoebe and all the people that get up there and and you know taking it on like David Martin would have done, and David Martin never missed an assembly... that man's my hero, he uh you know he had to you know he had to he had to pass away before he missed an assembly and um you that was know always you know always a little a LITTLE convicting and um but um you know these you guys are all doing it and um I'm so thankful and again thank you for the time that you all have given me to uh be off to do what I am doing which is investigating I'm taking every little nook and cranny over here at Ashlawn and I'm digging through all her papers, I'm trying I'm bound and determined I found some papers of what she was planning on doing this year and I couldn't have gotten more excited and um I found one journal that said you know...you know, "To you know to to to the person who finds this journal" and I was going whoo whoo whoo ha ha this is this is fun, it's uh, I can't even tell you...It's like Sherlock Holms over here I'm dusting off everything over here it's like when they came in and dusted off everything to to figure out how to rebuild the wall and how how to get it going but everything that I'm getting still is that things can be if we do what is right if we do what is right things can be different and and I'll end it with this cause again I know y'all are standing but that Erin Moore reminded me of a dream that I had had and um and maybe I'll get her to share it sometime cause cause she's probably gonna remember it better than me but I'd a dream and she has it on her phone but it was two days before my mother passed and in my dream that I had uh and it's so this is this is on record on May the 27th on a Thursday but you know I s- I had had a dream I said Erin let- remind me to to tell you this dream that I had but anyways in my dream my um mother was actually crying and I was trying to console my mother and she was concerned and she was worried and uh and I was going no, no, no it's gonna be Ok, it's gonna be OK, but she was very very worried and I uh I said and I said to her in my dream Mom actually this is the start of something new and the church is gonna be stronger than it was before. DO NOT WORRY and then I woke up from my dream and so that I couldn't I didn't even remember that until Erin Moore reminded me this past week. So uh if all of this is true if all these dreams are coming to pass that this is something new and it can be stronger than ever before and that, that, that I can remember my mother saying I knew you'd figure it out, I knew you'd figure it out and what what I figured out is that our present suffering is not compared to what is headed our way if we do what is right so hang in there, don't be discouraged go in there and just go what can I do so that I can get it right so that I can be with these people for ever and ever and ever and I am more excited about heaven than I ever have been I am less afraid of death than I ever have been because death is just a passing to from one party to the next and this next party is going to be superior and uh and Amy Stites said something along the lines of um and I had to get her tickled this past week she cause she said they're gonna be so far ahead of us once we get there and um and you know they're gonna be you know all you know and I said, no no no no, I said I am bound and determined that I am going to be in Peter and Pauls' group as soon as I get there I am not gonna, I am not gonna sit around and act like just because I was born a couple thousand years later that I can't be in their group, that is ridiculous... and um so I I I had Amy Stites tickled and and uh but uh you know, I am just living to where I am I I I can't wait to see God, I can't wait to see him I can't wait to see those people I can't wait for them to go well done good and faithful servants, thank ya'll for continuing on the church and and and I I knew you would, I knew you'd figure it out, I knew you would. So hang in there keep joining with me don't get discouraged lets go all the way so that we can go all the way to the heavenly realms and be with all of them for all eternity. I love you all have a blessed Sabbath.

I wasn't sure how to type this up and then link to it without possibly giving away my identity, so if someone who's computer savvy has some ideas, feel free.

RF seems to put a lot meaning in numbers as signs.  Also dreams.  Maybe they should put more meaning in...Scripture.  Sermons must be based on Scripture.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

1 hour ago, Xan said:

Thank you for posting that, @freefromthin.  If that's her thinking now, Elizabeth seems to be struggling.  She's looking for clues and signs to tell her how to keep the church going.   Mostly, it's just sad because I don't think Gwen really explained how it all works and what she did.  I gather that Elizabeth just believed the hype and now she thinks the prophet left the future of the church on her shoulders.  I think Gwen believed that she was one of God's chosen but, on a deeper level, she knew that she was conning people.  The way she tried to cover up for the parents in the child abuse trial showed that she was devious and able to twist the truth.  I guess Elizabeth couldn't or didn't want to see that side of her mother.

You're welcome! What I heard a LOT in that diatribe was that she REALLY misses her mother and she's REALLY trying to connect with her. I also took from it that she feels some sense of OBLIGATION to be JUST. LIKE. HER. MOM. I find that VERY disturbing.

I can also attest to the fact that she is receiving encouragement to BE just like her mom. During the service Mr. Boerman said in his testimony that when Elizabeth spoke it was like hearing from Gwen. that's been stated by more than one person.

I can only imagine the pain and loss that she is experiencing, and then to have all of those expectations being thrust on her...it MUST be maddening.

Edited by freefromthin
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

12 minutes ago, freefromthin said:

You're welcome! What I heard a LOT in that diatribe was that she REALLY misses her mother and she's REALLY trying to connect with her. I also took from it that she feels some sense of OBLIGATION to be JUST. LIKE. HER. MOM. I find that VERY disturbing.

I can also attest to the fact that she is receiving encouragement to BE just like her mom. During the service Mr. Boerman said in his testimony that when Elizabeth spoke it was like hearing from Gwen. that's been stated by more than one person.

I can only imagine the pain and loss that she is experiencing, and then to have all of those expectations being thrust on her...it MUST be maddening.

Just imagine -- she must think that her mother got signs and messages all the time in order to know what to preach.  Elizabeth is sitting there waiting for divine intervention to know how to lead the church.  It's an exercise in futility.  On top of that, she must still be grieving for her husband and her mom and she hasn't even had time to work through that.  I'm afraid that the stress will be too much for her.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Interesting that she would present a dream in which Gwen was crying. If Gwen is in heaven, how could there be tears? Heaven is where you are peaceful and joyful and know it will all work out in the end. This could be interpreted a lot of different ways...

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, livinginthelight said:

Interesting that she would present a dream in which Gwen was crying. If Gwen is in heaven, how could there be tears? Heaven is where you are peaceful and joyful and know it will all work out in the end. This could be interpreted a lot of different ways...

It sounded like that dream was from 2 days before the crash? The dream that came after the crash was the one where Gwen reassured her. But also she apparently forgot the first dream until she was reminded by Erin about it so ???

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

3 hours ago, freefromthin said:

I had sent out uh a scripture at the same time... at the same same time as as Gwen was speaking I had sent out uh to my to my friends uh that Romans 8:18 uh that was uh you know "I suppose that our present sufferings do not compare with the glory you know that is going to be revealed in us." Well, so Gwen and I were saying the exact same thing and then it occurred to me that it was on her anniversary which is August 18th, which is 8/18 and I went back and looked at what was the scripture that I sent out and it was Romans 8:18 and so it was on 8/18 that I sent out Romans 8/18 when the lightening struck

Maybe texting out the verse Romans 8:18 on the day of 8/18 at the same time the church was struck by lightning and her mother was quoting 8/18 is a Godly sign/revelation.

Maybe.

But isn’t it also possible that it was choreographed? That Elizabeth KNEW it was 8/18 ... selected that specific replay in which her mom quoted Romans 8:18 (after all, it was a Christmastime show, which was strange timing — it’s supposed to be Days of Awe on the Remnant calendar!) and then sent out the scripture text?

Maybe.

Edited by SayonaraLara
  • Upvote 7
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2

29 minutes ago, freefromthin said:

Reading through that transcript was painful. I can’t imagine living it. Elizabeth must be really hurting. And she actually sounds like a real genuine person. If she weren’t it would be pretty easy to just say hey guys here is what God and Gwen said. And move on. But she must have really believed her mother was legit and is trying so hard to fill in but isnt sure because she can’t “see the signs” as well as mother dearest. Her explanation doesn’t sound very prophet like. It sounds like a mere mortal trying to figure out what to do. And that gives me hope. Because maybe.. just maybe, she is humble enough to really be listening for Gods lead instead of manufacturing the nonsense that Gwen peddled. 

Edited by RFfamANON
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, freefromthin said:

David Martin never missed an assembly... that man's my hero, he uh you know he had to you know he had to he had to pass away before he missed an assembly

Sad but true: David Martin did miss an assembly ... to fly with Gwen, Joe and company to Florida for a MAGA rally. And that’s why he’ll miss all future assemblies.

• Upvote 11
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, SayonaraLara said:

Sad but true: David Martin did miss an assembly ... to fly with Gwen, Joe and company to Florida for a MAGA rally. And that’s why he’ll miss all future assemblies.

Wow! Great point!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

49 minutes ago, rabbitholejulie said:

RF seems to put a lot meaning in numbers as signs.  Also dreams.  Maybe they should put more meaning in...Scripture.  Sermons must be based on Scripture.

Signs are messages from God. RF encourages everyone to be on the look out for signs to know what God wants to tell you. So many testimonies are rooted in this formula. I prayed for X. I got sign. X did/didn’t happen. Either way it was Gods will cause I got my sign. Praise God 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 7

44 minutes ago, Xan said:

Just imagine -- she must think that her mother got signs and messages all the time in order to know what to preach.  Elizabeth is sitting there waiting for divine intervention to know how to lead the church.  It's an exercise in futility.  On top of that, she must still be grieving for her husband and her mom and she hasn't even had time to work through that.  I'm afraid that the stress will be too much for her.

I feel sorry for her. It sounds like she truly believes Gwen got all these signs and messages and is desperately attempting to figure out why she isn’t getting them. If she starts making up signs she will probably  be plagued with the notion that either she is a fraud or her mother was. She has to be under an unbelievable amount of stress. If RF fails, she will be blamed. And she will have to deal with the fall out of this documentary about her mom. 

• Upvote 10

• Pathologic Antagonist changed the title to The Smith Family Tragedy Redux
  • nelliebelle1197 locked this topic