IGNORED

Declaring an international emergency: Climate freakout

AmazonGrace

It's pissing me off that  some elements of the Reich wing are using the "terrifying specter" of the left (at some vague point in the future) declaring a national emergency to address climate change, to avoid owning Trump's national emergency Wall policy, while simultaneously providing cover for Trump's relentless idiocy. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 11

If Trump is allowed to declare a national emergency over the border wall, we probably won't have another democratic president to initiate a climate change national emergency (which should have happened 30 years ago). I'm guessing the next national emergency will be declared over voter fraud....and there won't be another election after that. Things will continue to grow worse and worse as we race towards a climate catastrophe. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Both sides of science are great: both the true part and  the false part

One side has about 99% of the world's climate scientists, and the other has the lunatic fringe. But please present both sides equally.

• Upvote 10

Sure she respects both sides. She just respects the side that her coal industry billionaire husband will benefit from. No climate change here when there is money to be made from coal. What a corrupt government but I would expect nothing less from 45.

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

That evil old fart ain't dead yet? Damn, he'll out live Methuselah!

Wouldn’t surprise me.  He and Ernest Angley both.

• Upvote 3

It's the second of three days in a row over 35oC/95oF here. The state government has an emergency app, and I have four 20km/12.42mi radius watch zones set up on it, covering areas where my family and friends live. All four are alerting constantly because there are uncontrolled bushfires burning in all of them. Friends are evacuating their houses and towns, others are on standby to do so. I know this is anecdata, but we just had the hottest summer on record, by a large margin. It scares the crap out of me that this looks likely to become our new normal - if the temperature rises as high as it could most of Australia is likely to be uninhabitable (I suppose we could live underground as in Coober Pedy, but if the oceans rise we'll have a lot less space for that - and most of our crops won't grow.)  I find the head-in-the-sand of a lot of politicans infuriating. Seriously, are they aiming for a mass extinction event or what?!

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

@Ozlsn this summer has been frightening. I’m wondering what winter will be like. Will it be ridiculously cold (in line with the global craziness) or will it be a warm one? 

• 3 months later...