IGNORED

Fornicate you Facebook/Twitter/etc thread

47of74

Thought I'd start a thread where we could share our gripes about Facebook / Twitter/ etc.

I'll start.  Fucking Facebook went and removed a picture I had posted of Joseph Goebbels this morning because it went against "community standards."  I let FB have it for letting reich wingers post all manner of horseshit and not doing a fucking  thing but then removing a picture of the original Stephen Miller.

Fuck you, Mark.

Fuckerberg strikes again

Facebook offered more of its users' data to companies including Microsoft and Amazon than it has admitted, according to a new report by The New York Times.

The Times reported late Tuesday that it obtained internal Facebook (FB) documents that show how the social media arranged to share data with more than 150 companies. The deals helped Facebook gain more users, according to the report, and its partners were able to add new features to their products while effectively avoiding Facebook's usual privacy rules.

Many of the partnerships ended years ago, but the details reported by the Times are striking.

Amazon (AMZN) got access Facebook users' names and contact information through their friends on the social network, according to the report, while Microsoft's (MSFT) search engine Bing was allowed to "see the names of virtually all Facebook users' friends without consent." Streaming services Netflix (NFLX) and Spotify (SPOT) had the "ability to read Facebook users' private messages," it said.

Archived