IGNORED

Blogger Turns the Table On Who Is At Fault For An Unwanted Pregnancy

ViolaSebastian

Gabrielle Blair, mother of six and a blogger, recently tweeted a remarkable thread that went viral. In it, she makes the case that men, as opposed to women, are at fault for unplanned pregnancies because of their irresponsible ejaculations and failure to use condoms, which are more readily accessible than birth control for women. This has obviously caused a lot of consternation with many men on Twitter. I mostly created this thread because it's amazing and everyone should see it. 

https://www.designmom.com/twitter-thread-abortion/

@ViolaSebastian, thank you! That is a great blog post/Twitter thread. I only made it through about half the comments, but they were of a pretty high caliber, too. I can see myself referring back to her points in the future. 

I could have written this myself. I’ve been a huge condom fan my entire life (sex life I mean!). All the pluses she talks about are true! They are so easy to buy and make clean up a breeze! I’ve always required boyfriends to use them before I got married. No glove no love ;) I’ve always been amazed at the guys who think up a million excuses not to use a condom. They all sound like a bunch of babies. I have sons and if they got a girl pregnant, I would completely blame them. They have choices too. If they chose not to use a condom then that’s on them. 

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I could have written this myself. I’ve been a huge condom fan my entire life (sex life I mean!). All the pluses she talks about are true! They are so easy to buy and make clean up a breeze! I’ve always required boyfriends to use them before I got married. No glove no love ;) I’ve always been amazed at the guys who think up a million excuses not to use a condom. They all sound like a bunch of babies. I have sons and if they got a girl pregnant, I would completely blame them. They have choices too. If they chose not to use a condom then that’s on them. 

I’ve met sooo many men who are “allergic to latex.”  Uh, no, buddy. Even if you are, there are alternatives. 

Mr. Shrew really is allergic to latex (he accidentally bought some condoms that were "mostly" latex free once - it was not pretty!). There are some really great latex-free condoms on the market. (I'm some where in the middle of perimenopause, and my doctor advised me that I probably shouldn't take hormonal BC anymore, plus it started giving me horrible headaches, in addition to my "normal" migraines. Mr. Shrew is going to get a vasectomy at some point, but we have too many other expenses right now. Condoms are our best option.)

My mother has a latex allergy. She found out when she used some latex gloves and her hands began to swell. Eek, can't imagine it down below so to speak. :(

2 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I’ve met sooo many men who are “allergic to latex.”  Uh, no, buddy. Even if you are, there are alternatives. 

Funnily enough, not a single one of my ex boyfriends were allergic to latex. Because I told them flat out before we ever became intimate that I never have sex without a condom. So they knew not to pull that shit with me ;) 

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Funnily enough, not a single one of my ex boyfriends were allergic to latex. Because I told them flat out before we ever became intimate that I never have sex without a condom. So they knew not to pull that shit with me ;) 

I once had a guy who tried to pull the "but wouldn't it be great if we made a baby?" Ugh. No. Put on a condom. 

2 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I once had a guy who tried to pull the "but wouldn't it be great if we made a baby?" Ugh. No. Put on a condom. 

Hahahaha! I’m glad I only dated guys with severe aversions to making babies. Just like me! ? the two times I made a baby with someone ended in 9 months of misery ?

This is amazing.  Can she do one for all the men who think that women having the right to abortion means that they should have the right to not pay child support :pray:

Archived