IGNORED

Canadian Bridezilla

JMarie

5 minutes ago, JMarie said:

I read this earlier without knowing she was Canadian. As an American, I’m just really relieved the Bride wasn’t one of our’s this time (sorry Canada!) :pb_lol:

But yeah. This was a whole other level of WTF?! than I was expecting when I first read it. I’d hope this was all just made up, but weddings can bring out the absolute worst in some people and it wouldn’t surprise me if this was a true story. 

Well, I kept thinking it was too crazy to be fake, but too crazy to be real.  My concern is that she mentioned that she and the now ex-fiance have a child together and she's heading off to South America for two months. 

I have to think this is fake. It’s just to crazy to be real. I really do have two questions is she funding this 2 month backpacking trip with the deposits she is refusing to refund? Also, why did they wait till four days before to cancel, they had to have realized they were thousands short months before that right? 

I dunno, I used to work in a bridal shop and found that weddings sometimes bring out the crazy in people. 

I think it's fake too.  I've been to some weddings with some total bridezillas but it's too over the top and full of things that invite judgement.  And cancelling that late they'd owe so much money anyway.  My sibling who had a destination wedding on a far flung tropical island had to have everything paid well before the day.

Surprised she hasnt been named to go along with shamed yet. If I were the ex bridesmaid I'd be telling everyone. 

and eight people coughed up the money? Whyyyyyyy

Yeah, I read this earlier and thought that it was some creative writing. I have no doubt that there are bridezillas, but honestly the people would have come out of the woodwork long ago to tell this tale. 

It's hard to call.  I also read this earlier today and I'm just not sure.  I mean, demanding money like that?  A psychic while Christian? The cussing!  On the other hand, totes possible.   She's young and maybe they just really suck as a couple and it ended like that.  Idk.  

It screamed FAKE to me. No names except Susan? That’s a joke name for crazy annoying women. The type that say, “I want to speak with your manager.” I don’t believe it for a minute.

I lean toward thinking it's fake... but probably embellished from a real situation. Weddings do bring out the crazy, and there are lots of people who get all bent out of shape if every guest doesn't give them a gift at least equal to the cost of their meal or whatever. 

Gifts are GIFTS. You don't ask for them, or dictate what they are! 

So far, I've rarely given actual gifts at weddings. At one, I did all the planning along with being maid of honor, and basically being a free wedding planner was my gift. At my sister's, I designed and printed the invites and programs, did her engagement photos, did her makeup, and did the decorating. At another friend's small wedding, I took the photos for her and did her makeup. I'm hoping to attend a destination wedding for another friend next summer, and it's going to be a stretch to just pay to get there. I'll probably do a watercolor painting for her, maybe print a few photos, maybe knit something, and go in on a group gift with my sisters. All of which will be sent to them at their new home, not brought to the wedding itself because nobody wants to haul stuff across the ocean that they don't have to! I know she'll appreciate us being there, and will appreciate something handmade just for them, rather than hoping for $$$. 

Archived