IGNORED

Last post / apology

CloakNDagger

So, it has been a very long time since I really visited this forum. A lot has happened in my personal life. I need a little closure on this particular chapter, even if superficial.

I want to genuinely apologize for those I may have offended or hurt by my choices on this forum. I said and wrote too much and it would be impossible to address everything that should be addressed. I wish I'd have kept out of most the mess and chosen some different actions and reactions. It reminds me of the verse in Proverbs 26: "He that passeth by, and meddleth with strife belonging not to him, is like one that taketh a dog by the ears." There were some things I was directly involved in because of relationships I had with people, there were other things I should have stayed out of and minded my own business.

My views have changed on a lot of things, but not the basic fundamentals of Christianity and the Gospel. I do think I was missing some big things in my own life and in the general situation 5 years ago. Sometimes the fog can be pretty thick and I apologize for where I did not see clearly and the ways that may have caused me to injure people. I believe that Matthew 7:5 does apply to me: "Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."

If you read this and believe that I specifically offended you and you've figured out / know who I am, please don't hesitate to look me up and contact me. I will listen to what you have to say.

That is all. I'm out.

While I don't specifically recall being offended by anything you've said, I do find myself wanting some clarification. I don't speak KJV and don't understand what you're really trying to say. May I suggest that a heartfelt apology should be composed of one's own words? Others may have more understanding, but I'm fairly certain that I'm not alone in my confusion.

Was this regarding Vision Forum, Doug Phillips, and Peter Bradrick way back? I am also lost.

Can you explain a little on your about me, “If you think you know who i am, you're probably right.”

Hope you’ve found some peace. Have to admit I never bother reading bible verses when quoted but I’m sure they were nice. 

I remember your posts & I was never offended by them. 

You can believe in the core doctrines of Christianity and still push back against the harmful beliefs, fundamentalism, legalism and toxic behaviors running rampant in the people we discuss here. 

We argued about all of the things. :laughing-jumpingpurple: I hope that if you got anything out of your time on FJ at least a bit of it was is to rethink how you viewed the Confederacy. 

I hope you go have happy life. 

Thank you, @CloakNDagger.

I wish you the best as you move forward with your life.  I also want to thank you for the  insights you have shared with Free Jinger over the years.  

Yes, you did argue with many people but I think you have learned a lot over the last few years.  Remember that you are a survivor and recovery takes time.   Christianity does not have to take the twisted form pushed by false preachers like Doug Phillips.  

And a Celtic blessing, just because I can:

May your days be filled with blessings
Like the sun that lights the sky,
And may you always have the courage
To spread your wings and fly.

I rather thank this apology will be taken properly by the people for which it was intended. If you don't get it, it was likely not meant for you.

ETA: Don't mean to sound harsh but CnD went through a lot of arguments publicly but often privately with people here so if you are not one of them, and you did not follow the story, then it won't make a lot of sense.

6 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

When someone says that they are out, doesn't that usually mean that they deactivate? I'm confused.

People have to ask an Admin officially to deactivate their account.   Members who haven't logged in to FJ for around 6 months (I can't remember) are eventually automatically deactivated.

14 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

When someone says that they are out, doesn't that usually mean that they deactivate? I'm confused.

I think this poster was deactivated prior to popping up to say this would be his last post. 

Right, I thought that people who announce their departure normally follow that announcement with a request to deactivate, which apparently wasn't done here. One can have a default deactivation, but it seems that is more likely due to lack of interest than intentional departure. Whatevs, it's just something that I noticed.

Just now, VaSportsMom said:

I think this poster was deactivated prior to popping up to say this would be his last post. 

The poster does not have deactivated status, and I don't think you can post after deactivation.

2 minutes ago, VaSportsMom said:

He was.  He must have asked to be reactivated to make his apology and now needs to ask to be deactivated again.   I'm getting confused now too!

FTR, I feel this was a very sincere apology, although some people may not understand it or the background. 

Technically we have lapsed/deactivated who request a live person goes in to the account and changes their group and we have apostates/inactive who automatically go into a limbo of sorts after a period of time of not showing up.  This poster was simply apostate/inactive and is free to wait and go inactive again.  

Thanks for the clarification, I had just never seen someone announce a flounce/departure and not deactivate. BTW, "inactive" status is not the same as "deactivated", is it? I see both statuses posted. What you said made sense, @Palimpsest

It does happen that people post a flounce post and don't continue pursuing becoming deactivated.  The more flashy or extreme the flounce, the more likely it is the person will request deactivation.  Yes, it's a separate category from inactive.  It makes it plain to the admins that the person make an actual request for the change and they have to contact an admin to be active again.  

It looks like @CloakNDagger hasn't requested to be deactivated because he (?) is still logging in to read the replies in this thread. Before this recent post he hadn't been active since April 2017 (based on the activity shown on his profile).

36 minutes ago, Bethella said:

It looks like @CloakNDagger hasn't requested to be deactivated because he (?) is still logging in to read the replies in this thread. Before this recent post he hadn't been active since April 2017 (based on the activity shown on his profile).

Well that was quick, :my_rolleyes: I posted 36 minutes ago and sometime in the last 20 minutes @CloakNDagger was deactivated (based on when he last visited). 

34 minutes ago, Bethella said:

::Coughs:: I believe that this issue will be resolved in the very near future.   

1 minute ago, Bethella said:

Well that was quick, :my_rolleyes: I posted 36 minutes ago and sometime in the last 20 minutes @CloakNDagger was deactivated (based on when he last visited). 

ETA. It was!

Thanks @Coconut Flan for the explanation.

And at the risk of being dinged myself, I just noticed the apostate designation instead of inactive recently, but I'm very unobservant.  Did that change at the same time a whole load of members suddenly became "the Elderly" and we dropped the "You are Going to Hell" thing that upset so many new posters?  I'm truly glad that last one is gone.

Or should we take this to Community Discussion. :D

4 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

And at the risk of being dinged myself, I just noticed the apostate designation instead of inactive recently, but I'm very unobservant.  Did that change at the same time a whole load of members suddenly became "the Elderly" and we dropped the "You are Going to Hell" thing that upset so many new posters?  I'm truly glad that last one is gone.

Or should we take this to Community Discussion. :D

Here's the thread where @Curious explains the new designations. 

4 minutes ago, Bethella said:

How did I miss that!  Thanks.

15 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I just noticed the apostate designation instead of inactive recently, but I'm very unobservant.  Did that change at the same time a whole load of members suddenly became "the Elderly"

I have not seen any FJ apostates yet! Not up to date on the shiny new things just yet, going to read about them now.

58 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Thanks for that!

Do you know where to find a list of the user title updates? The user title update thread hasn’t been active since 2017. I’m curious to see what titles have been retired and what they’ve been replaced with.

We're talking a change in group names not user titles.  :)

Archived