IGNORED

Christian Missionary (NSFW)

nomoxian

The "missionary" has been arrested.  The Ugandans showed extraordinary self-control under the circumstances.

https://politicaldig.com/racist-american-missionary-arrested-after-invoking-jesus-to-brutally-attack-a-ugandan-hotel-clerk/

But it was all a case of mistaken identity by the Ugandans.  "Missionary" Jimmy Taylor apparently believes he is Jesus.  

He interchanges "Jesus" and "I" a LOT and I think it speaks to a lot of missionaries out there. They have been taught they are OF Jesus, by Jesus, for Jesus. They talk about doing "God's work" and being "Christ-like/Embodiment of Christ". Is it that big of a leap to "I am Jesus"? We all know how good fundies are at mental gymnastics. 

"You obey me!" Yeah. The Ugandan's showed more Christ-like behavior by turning the other cheek and not beating the living fuck outta that man for jumping behind the counter and hitting him.

I feel like the Duggar's behavior (Pre Joshley) and a lot of the other Mission-cation families behavior was more channeling Christ's suffering through his travels, poverty, etc. and them being the white saviors they are have to come down with Jesus and preform miracles of money and modern medicine (Jilly muffin's doppler) to the HEATHENS of South America.

This is heartbreaking. I’ve spent a lot of time in Uganda; it’s a beautiful country with gracious people. What an unspeakable embarrassment. Stupid muzungu. 

If those Ugandan men weren't already Christian (and they likely were as Uganda is about 85% Christian), then they'd not be attracted to Christianity in the least by that asshole's actions,

On 8/18/2018 at 5:59 PM, ViolaSebastian said:

From now on, if anybody asks, I'm from Toronto. 

Yeah I've pretty much reached the point where when I go on my trip next winter as far as any rando on the street is concerned I'm from Ontario.

I actually am from Toronto, lol. For a while it was kinda groanworthy to tell people that, because the first thing they knew about the city was "that crackhead mayor". Now it has become "that city between New York and Montreal" because lots of Europeans seem to know about Vancouver and Montreal, but not Toronto.

Archived