IGNORED

America's Got Talent

mollysmom

I love this show! I don't have cable but when I see "new episode" pop up on Hulu I get so excited!!! Just wondering if anyone else enjoys watching it so I have someone to discuss it with? Haha

Ohh me, me! I went to a taping a few years ago when the show was last at Radio City for a results show, loved it! Even got third row seats behind the judges.

This season has so much talent - I'm excited to see how everyone does next week when the show goes live. I'm fascinated by Brian King Joseph and his electronic violin.

Me too!!! He's amazing!!!! Talent & personality!!! He clearly loves what he's doing!! I'm so jealous you were at a taping!!! That's awesome!!! And so close to the judges!! I love Simon!!! 

I love both of the choirs (but especially the kids choir) and I LOVED Sophie!!! She learned how to sing from Frank Sinatra haha!! What a cutie pie!!!! 

1 hour ago, mollysmom said:

Me too!!! He's amazing!!!! Talent & personality!!! He clearly loves what he's doing!! I'm so jealous you were at a taping!!! That's awesome!!! And so close to the judges!! I love Simon!!! 

I love both of the choirs (but especially the kids choir) and I LOVED Sophie!!! She learned how to sing from Frank Sinatra haha!! What a cutie pie!!!! 

Simon has been my favorite since American Idol! The taping was so fun, my family and friends were all yelling out our favorite's names, haha!

Yes, the choirs are both amazing! This is the first time that I feel a choir could make it VERY far. Sophie was the cutest EVER, I was so sad when she didn't make it to the live shows!! I hope that maybe the judges will give her a wild card if they still have those this year. "We Three," the three siblings in the band are so good too, I cried during their audition and their song for their mom. There are some good dance groups this year too.

Yeah I'm REALLY hoping they bring Sophie back too!! Such a cutie! "I don't care about the money, I just want to sing to make people happy!!!!" Well mission accomplished Sophie!!!

Yes! We three is awesome!!!! Really good!! They'll go far whether they win or not!!! Sometimes at work I find myself singing the song they sang for their first audition. I love them! 

I loved Simon on American Idol too but I love him so much more on this show. I don't know if having his son softened him or what but he's so much nicer haha plus he's a dog lover & I LOVE dogs so you know!! That was so funny when Miss Trish had her audition and sang to Simon & told him she had dreams about him & had a crush on him then when Simon asked if she had a  boyfriend she brought out her husband!!!!!!!!! That was hilarious!! I'm sure it was staged but it still cracked me up!!!!!!!

So I looked it up and Sophie did not get a WC, boo! The judges gave one to the fountain water guys and they ended up eliminated right away anyways, such a waste of a wildcard.

This weeks episode was intense because there were so many great acts, as opposed to next week where I think that talent isn't "as good." I was so sad for Mochi and seeing him cry, but I enjoy the dance act in heels and I'm glad to see them go on.

Simon is definitely even better now, he still gives great advice but he has mellowed for sure!

Give me your opinions please. I am from South Australia. “Hans” is a local celebrity. He is hugely talented (look up his Flight of the Bumblebee” on YouTube) and one of the funniest people around. We all love him to bits and will be cheering him on. He is in our local media endlessly because he is the first Aussie to get this far.

So I’d love to know how is he viewed by the rest of the world. I hope you are appreciating him as much as we do. 

7 hours ago, Blahblah said:

Give me your opinions please. I am from South Australia. “Hans” is a local celebrity. He is hugely talented (look up his Flight of the Bumblebee” on YouTube) and one of the funniest people around. We all love him to bits and will be cheering him on. He is in our local media endlessly because he is the first Aussie to get this far.

So I’d love to know how is he viewed by the rest of the world. I hope you are appreciating him as much as we do. 

Oh I love Hans!!! He is hilarious, great personality AND very talented!!! I think he's amazing!!! I, too, would be very proud if he was a local celebrity!! He's fantastic!!!! 

On 8/18/2018 at 12:32 AM, Blahblah said:

I love Hans! I think he's funny and every time he performs it brings a smile to my face. He has great repertoire with the judges, especially Simon LOL. I always look forward to his performances!

It’s really hard to vote from Aus - we would have to set up a VPN I think. But will be cheering him on regardless. 

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

So Hans left tonight, BOOOO! Him leaving and Us the Duo staying is a travesty. I thought Hans had his best performance last night, he would be such a great act for Las Vegas.

Oh I absolutely agree that that's his best performance so far!!!! He was amazing!!! I know he'll still go far.......now that everyone knows who he is....but still.....I'll never understand how some win over others....makes no sense. I get really annoyed when the "sob stories" go far just because of their story (not saying that's what happened in this particular case but you know what I mean) THAT is annoying!!

Completely agree! There are a lot of acts that give the story and people vote based on that. It's just going to get harder and harder now though for sure, both semi-finals are packed with talent. Do you know how many acts go to the final?

I actually have no idea! I just tried to google it but didn't get anywhere with that. I couldn't believe Simon cried!!! That made my heart melt haha!

....something made Simon cry? whoa. I’m not up to speed with the specifics, but in the overall arc of reality tv, that is a change.

Yes, he really did! This man was his golden buzzer and just his entire performance was incredible, but his story is even more so.

Spoiler

Aww. What a refreshing change of pace - reading about a Christian with a large family who appears to be a really good guy. Very nice.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been sulking since Hans left. But I’ve realised he’s probably better off because now he is free to cash in on the wave of publicity and according to his instagram is planning tours of Aus, UK and US. 

He really is a lovely man and deserves every bit of success that is coming his way. 

On 9/2/2018 at 2:41 AM, AliceInFundyland said:

Aww. What a refreshing change of pace - reading about a Christian with a large family who appears to be a really good guy. Very nice.

I was going to hit the "laughing" emoji because I thought you were being sarcastic but then I wasn't sure haha! He really does appear to be a good guy but then again, my whole family is fundie christian & they too, appear to be nice, but behind closed doors they are anything but!! But I do respect what he's done & is doing for those children. 

3 minutes ago, mollysmom said:

I was going to hit the "laughing" emoji because I thought you were being sarcastic but then I wasn't sure haha! He really does appear to be a good guy but then again, my whole family is fundie christian & they too, appear to be nice, but behind closed doors they are anything but!! But I do respect what he's done & is doing for those children. 

It was sincere and sarcastic. Sincere because it is a change from fj, and because I hope he is. 

on the other hand...agt milks a story for all it is worth. and you get a little immune. 

I say this but I do get suckered in. Just like Simon. 

And you know, The Willis Clan was on that show. I thought they were a cool family who all played music together. Look how that turned out.

Exactly. And, not to sound like a total bitch, but I get so sick of all the sob stories! If you have talent, you have talent, but for me, the sob stories are just annoying and a way to try and tug at peoples heart strings. We all have our shit that we deal with on a daily basis. Unfortunately that is life. 

I agree. He was a very good vocalist. I have seen no other acts. I would not, based on that one performance peg him as the winner based on talent. But, I can see him getting votes with the right songs and depending on what else is happening. I’ve seen how it goes down.

(if he’s still in)

Yeah, he's still in. I agree that he does have a wonderful voice (better than me....that's for sure!!!) but in all honesty, I've heard better. I don't know. Sometimes I just feel like peoples stories get them farther than their talent. 

Archived