IGNORED

James Ference is on wife #6

hoipolloi

@albireo just found an update on the infamous James Ference.

He appears to be on wife #6.

What's more, he's still just the best Christian you ever did see:

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

What happened to Chelsea?  My guess is that he ruined her credit and stole all her money and as such, needed to move on.  

I hope Natalie is doing well.  I bet she's supporting her little one by herself, or with very little support, given the number of other kids James has by his wives and mistresses.  If Natalie Nyquist Klein Ference isn't a cautionary tale against courtship, I don't know who is.  

• Upvote 8

He's a new one to me.  I get the feeling that he was the uber-Christian, perfect man and obviously isn't.  Is it possible to get a quick catch up on him, or is there a thread about him?

• I Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Briefly said:

He's a new one to me.  I get the feeling that he was the uber-Christian, perfect man and obviously isn't.  Is it possible to get a quick catch up on him, or is there a thread about him?

I found the most er....concise description of what he's all about here: http://www.womansavers.com/p_guyDetails.asp?id=15307

• Disgust 1
  • Thank You 5

14 hours ago, Briefly said:

He seems to be a conman whose MO is to pretend to be a Christian, take all the money a woman has, then move on.  He swooped in and romanced Natalie Nyquist when she was vulnerable after her first perfect-courtship husband kicked her out of their house and divorced her - and while James was still married.  Natalie was one of the original YLCF writers back when it had the most insane courtship stories on the internet.  

I don't know all of James's lady friends, but here's what I recall from past threads...

1st wife was Terri Hunter, no kids.  

2nd wife (don't know her name) he had two kids with.  

3rd wife was Krista who used to post on here and Yuku.  No kids, but he had a child during their marriage with a woman he cheated on her with.  

4th was Natalie.  One child.  

5th was Chelsea Hodapp AKA Finkelstein (who was only 19 years old to his 39/40!).  In 2016 they had two kids.  

Edited by acheronbeach
clarified by replacing "he" with "James"
  • Thank You 9

You know those divorce statistics people cite incorrectly to claim that 50% of couples get divorced? It's people like this guy who throw off those numbers.

I also find it mindboggling that he can get SIX women to marry him, especially when he's trying to keep up the perfect Christian veneer. I guess it shows how manipulative he must be.

• Upvote 18

Oh my GOD no.
Another one? Does he have mind control abilities?
He’s ugly, poor, and a deadbeat dad to six (?) kids. What would anyone SEE in him?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

How does he get six wives?! How?! Do they not take one look at at least one of his past five marriages and question what sort of person he is? 

• Upvote 14

I guess it shows how manipulative he must be.

And how desperately vulnerable the fundie women who fall for his shite must be.
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

Young innocent naive fundie girls have no protection against this type of man.

Fundie girls are taught to expect Mr. Godly Right to sweep in, all romance, flowers and Bible verses and sweep them off their feet,  Short courtships are the expected norm. So a guy like JF shows up, reads the room and is off to the races.

Either these girls are completely ignorant of anything he's done (no internet) or else he "confesses" his past (carefully edited) to them but says he's repented of his wicked ways, asked God's forgiveness and is now a different man -- a "Christian."

And since fundies insist that we must forgive any and everything someone has done if he has asked God's forgiveness and is now a "Christian,'  these girls believe that of course he's changed and they have to discount and overlook anything he's done.

They only find out differently when they become abandoned and bankrupt wife #X.

Also there is this weird propensity for fundie dads to be A-OK with their daughters marrying former (but not) scumbags.  Witness the poor fundie girl we follow who married a rapist.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 20
  • Sad 3

Having heard about this waste of cytoplasm years ago, I saw this thread title and thought, “Of COURSE he is.”;)

• Upvote 5

We'll see how long Wife #6 can be a stay-at-home-mom.  I'll give her to the end of the year and then she'll have to get a job to support herself and any children that would have the misfortune of being created in this union.

• Upvote 8

Whose children are these, his, hers or a blend?  What jumped off this photo, to me is his too cuddly arm around the girl and the firm grip on the young boy.  That mannerism sets off alarms inside me, I'm afraid.  I am guessing this girl is NOT his daughter?  

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

I see on his public FB he describes himself as "a concert pianist and singer."

Pro tip: if you describe yourself as a "concert" anything, you aren't.

Editing to add: if you describe yourself as a "born again spirit filled Christian" and then post your horoscope on your public FB, you're not only a liar, you're stupid. Not that plenty of "born again" Christians don't read their horoscopes on the sly, but most of them know better than to admit to it in public.

Edited by VVV
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 13

He sounds like a pathological liar, among many other things.  What a disgusting piece of filth!  I would love to find the girl and tell her to run as fast as she can in the opposite direction!  But, Red Hair Black Dress has put it into very good words why she won't.

• Upvote 3

It amazes me that he continues finding women he can fool. Especially in the age of the internet. Do they seriously not even google him once during the entire time between meeting him and marrying him? Not once? Or do they google him and somehow find a way to justify what they find?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

It amazes me that he continues finding women he can fool. Especially in the age of the internet. Do they seriously not even google him once during the entire time between meeting him and marrying him? Not once? Or do they google him and somehow find a way to justify what they find?

I can't decide whether THIS is what baffles me most, or whether it's this:

13 hours ago, bea said:

He’s ugly, poor, and a deadbeat dad to six (?) kids. What would anyone SEE in him?

The latest wife has a FB account, so she obviously has regular Internet access. She also appears to be in her 30s and has kids, so she's not a naive, sheltered fundie maiden. I can only guess that she is desperate enough to overlook, well, everything about him. It's sad. 

• Upvote 6

It kills me that these kinds of Christians, and their circle, would most likely yell and scream over equal marriage, but this dude has made his mistakes, repented and is different now, so off he goes.

It's like all the politicians who are on their third wives getting up in arms about the fact that someone like me, with the same partner for over 20 years, is allowed to get married.  LGBT weddings are an affront to the sanctity of marriage, but when they divorce, have affairs etc etc, that's what God intended...

• Upvote 13
  • Love 4

More background on James "the conman and bigamist" Ference.

http://jamesferenceisaliar.blogspot.com/

And the discussion way back on yuku where we were visited by the man himself (who deleted his post), a Kim Smith, and I think also Natalie herself, but I haven't found her comments yet.  Starts on pages 4 and 5 here:  https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/freejinger/courtship-stories-t4343-s40.html

He's as creepy as fuck but he has preyed on more than vulnerable Fundie maidens.  I really don't know how he does it.  

(And, good grief, Elle was all over that thread.)

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

On 6/29/2018 at 2:39 PM, hoipolloi said:

@albireo just found an update on the infamous James Ference.

He appears to be on wife #6.

What's more, he's still just the best Christian you ever did see:

This photo --- I know it's already been commented on, but I cannot remember a single time in my past when my dad put his arm around my waist. Arm around shoulders, sure, but waist? That's creepily intimate, imo. And his knuckles are almost white on the boy's arm. I have a feeling this is a gross rabbit hole I'm about to climb into.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, polecat said:

This photo --- I know it's already been commented on, but I cannot remember a single time in my past when my dad put his arm around my waist. Arm around shoulders, sure, but waist? That's creepily intimate, imo. And his knuckles are almost white on the boy's arm. I have a feeling this is a gross rabbit hole I'm about to climb into.

ohhh, yeah. Bring a headlamp and extra batteries. I'll be harnessing up the rescue ferrets and keeping them on standby if someone else hasn't already done so.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Lurky said:

It kills me that these kinds of Christians, and their circle, would most likely yell and scream over equal marriage, but this dude has made his mistakes, repented and is different now, so off he goes.

It's like all the politicians who are on their third wives getting up in arms about the fact that someone like me, with the same partner for over 20 years, is allowed to get married.  LGBT weddings are an affront to the sanctity of marriage, but when they divorce, have affairs etc etc, that's what God intended...

I never understand that one, either.  It makes no sense, but some people think it's ok that someone like him has been married and divorced multiple times, but two people of the same sex and dangerous to society?  Maybe if I hold my breath for a while it might make sense.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3