IGNORED

You May Have Worn The Prom Dress

keen23

I love your dress @Seculardaisy!

Count me in with the people who were hoping for bad prom pictures. I went to lots of balls and dances before I met my fabulous husband at 22. We have been together for 15 years and have eyes for no one else. We both have an ‘allowed list’ of celebrities that we find attractive and would be forgiven if the opportunity arose...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone else notice the headline? "You May Have Worn the Prom Dress with Him . . . " 

You may have worn the prom dress with him? Sounds freaky to me. 

1 hour ago, Jellybean said:

Count me in with the people who were hoping for bad prom pictures. I went to lots of balls and dances before I met my fabulous husband at 22. We have been together for 15 years and have eyes for no one else. We both have an ‘allowed list’ of celebrities that we find attractive and would be forgiven if the opportunity arose...

Omg!  My husband and I have that list too!  His #1 is Elizabeth Hurley, mine is Brad Pitt.  Most on my husband's list are dead, which is funny.  Ann Margaret at any age.  I'm so thankful neither of us care about ex's. We met at 24 and were exclusive immediately.  So, yeah, we had lives before we met at 24.  Not a big deal.  

4 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Exactly. I used to work in an adjacent industry and it sort of turned me off the whole idea of writing as a career, because those folks get treated like shit. And yet people are telling college kids that this is a good way to break into a creative field. Instead, they get paid pennies to put out a bunch of embarrassing bullshit that's gonna haunt their Google results forever.

I got off lucky. When I was desperate enough to write for pennies I was doing ghostwriting-- can't trace my name back to THAT horseshit. :pb_lol:

Mr. Pianokeeper and I have a clause where me + woman does not = cheating... I'm guessing that's not the anti-jealousy workaround that conservative or fundamentalist people are looking for?  

6 hours ago, Jellybean said:

don't write it down and laminate it just in case you decide to change your mind and meet that celeb. don't want to be Ross now do we. :laughing-rollingyellow::pb_wink:

Jim Bob and Michelle voted prom king and from queen of the ATI conference in BiG Sandy. No bodies were forced to dance, because that is sinful and creates desires that can't be righteously fulfilled.

IMG_20180407_223007.jpg

Meanwhile, the guy's prom date is going "Yeah... We broke up for a reason. In high school, I also thought I was going to be a doctor, but it turns out I'd rather gouge my eyes out than do more chemistry, so now I'm studying to be a CPA.  You grow up. You change, you know?"

My high school chemistry teacher told his senior class the year after I’d left that “if Jellybean can get a good grade, any of you can get a good grade” - nice! 

On 4/6/2018 at 4:07 PM, Hane said:

Ohhhhh, honey. Time to sit down with kindly old Aunt Hane, who is old enough to be your grandma.

Yes, he dated someone else in high school. Didn’t you? Even if you didn’t, GET THE FUCK OVER IT. 

Hey, I got married at 20, as a college student, too. Like you, I thought I was mature enough to. I FUCKING WASN’T, and neither are you. Conservative families tend to conflate good behavior, good intentions, and hard work with maturity. THEY’RE NOT THE SAME THING. Life experience and a period of independence are absolutely invaluable.

Now, finish your tea and have a piece of pound cake.

@HaneI love this!!

@Seculardaisy  love that green dress!

Now, my comments:  this girl needs to grow and fast.  Or put off getting married.  Sweet Rufus, she's going to make her husband's life miserable for years over things that happened before they even met. 

Full disclosure: early in our marriage, I was a bit hung up on my husband's ex-girlfriends for a short while.  Not to the extent this young lady is doing and I kept it largely private.   I got over it in short order because 1) I became more comfortable with myself and 2) realized I was being stupid meaning I grew up a bit.

Our anniversary was yesterday.   I didn't bring up his girlfriends.

That armadillo dress of Michelle's gets uglier every time I see it. And that hair.....

3 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

That armadillo dress of Michelle's gets uglier every time I see it. And that hair.....

OMG yes! She does look like an armadillo! I was trying to find some way to describe it, so thank you!

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

@JillRodsEyeliner THAT DRESS! MY EYES! IT BURNS!

The Tin Mullet must draw attention to her face! The higher the neckline the closer to Jebus!

2 hours ago, Jellybean said:

I agree that the dress is a bit eye-burning, but it did make me laugh - thanks @JillRodsEyeliner!

Happy anniversary @nokidsmom!

You're welcome! The modesty panel brings the whole look together!

Am I the only person who is really pleased she didn't know her husband at 18? I've seen pictures of him back then and he was NOT a looker. He would have been an immediate friend-zone placement mixed with a little pity. I got to meet him ten years later when experience, and a little filling out in the body dept, meant he was super-hot!

As for the Mulletadillo? Dear Rufus, it must have been said before, but its like the Chrysler building has got lost and ended up at a line dance in a roadside bar.

9 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

I can see her wrists and her hands! NIKE!!!!! I can also see the top of her immodest foot! NIKE!!!

Spoiler

IMG_2018-04-08_18-05-19.JPG.0eb7ad6e8a8ff625d9720da7c0270a38.JPG

Who wore it best Tinman or Mullet?

Use our Lord and Savior Rufus, to vote for Tinman.

Use the WTF emoji to vote for Mullet.

A dinner of tater tots casserole and Jim Bob's BBQ tuna will follow shortly. Violin music preformed by the Duggar family will play for you through dinner. Earplugs will not be provided, because that is RUDE!

Attire: 

For women:

Green button up blouses, long jean skirts, black tights, black shoes, your cell phone under your armpit for "Hey, hey,hey" time,  for women. You don't want to stir up desires in men! 

For men:

Green polos, jeans with a belt. All belt loops must have an attached cellphone case to it, loafers and a constipated look on your face.

If you don't follow there rules, you will be asked to leave. 

Spoiler

623d06205afdd2238a67a2f61bd19b29.jpg.0ca57da4a6798058689c95f80e04e5a5.jpg

All proceeds go to the Fallen Tater Tot Fund.(It really goes to Jim Bob, but we can't say that)

4 hours ago, ElToro said:

Am I the only person who is really pleased she didn't know her husband at 18? I've seen pictures of him back then and he was NOT a looker. He would have been an immediate friend-zone placement mixed with a little pity. I got to meet him ten years later when experience, and a little filling out in the body dept, meant he was super-hot!

As for the Mulletadillo? Dear Rufus, it must have been said before, but its like the Chrysler building has got lost and ended up at a line dance in a roadside bar.

I am older than my husband. When he was 18, I was teaching 18 year olds. So, yes, I'm quite glad I didn't know him then because that would have been incredibly awkward. Since we were both over 30 when we met, it was all okay. 

OK, that is actually the first time I have seen the recipe for tater tot casserole and it looks completely revolting.

17 hours ago, ElToro said:

You win the Internet today!

@Seculardaisy, i’m another one who genuinely likes your dress!!

Mr.CL and I had Freebie Lists for a long time, and then I got to the point where I said, I don’t need mine because I have better things to do with my (too little) spare time than hook up with other men. Meanwhile, Mr.CL is “allowed” to have a girlfriend on the condition that every time they get together, she must clean a room in my house.  Because I should get something out of that relationship, too. 

18 hours ago, ElToro said:

Am I the only person who is really pleased she didn't know her husband at 18?

From what I've heard, my husband was a bit of a jerk at 18. I probably wouldn't have spoken to him at that point. 

Archived