IGNORED

Ian and Larissa ~ Where are they now?

Curious

It's been a while since we checked in with Ian and Larissa and since they have a friend or supporter that seems to want us to chat about them based on necroing threads that are 1-3 years old, I thought I'd start a new thread where we can discuss how they are doing with the baby.

Here are the old Ian and Larissa threads

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that they wanted to leave the public eye period. At least thats the gist I got from her last post. Why bring them back into it after so long? I would think if they wanted to update people , they would.

For what it's worth, I don't have any malice for either of them. I was in my second year at IUP at the time of the accident and I've still never forgotten the story. My heart broke reading her book, but I hope things are as you say and they're happy and well

Thank you for the accurate information and and the sources you provide /sarcasm.

Sorry but you're in the wrong place to demand that people trust your word cos you say so.

I don't know how helpful to your friends this conversation can be, very little I suppose. It would have been kinder to them if you had let this be forgotten.

I never demanded any such thing. I’m simply pointing out that many on here are talking out of their butts on a subject they know very little about. 

Actually, the fact that someone is combing through long dead threads on them and becoming unnecessarily incensed suggests that SOMETHING is not fine. Sure, maybe that something isn't on Ian and Larissa's end, but still.

Just now, Georgiana said:

Actually, the fact that someone is combing through long dead threads on them and becoming unnecessarily incensed suggests that SOMETHING is not fine. Sure, maybe that something isn't on Ian and Larissa's end, but still.

If you understand the internet, you will know that zero combing was necessary. 

1 minute ago, Joplin4206 said:

I never demanded any such thing. I’m simply pointing out that many on here are talking out of their butts on a subject they know very little about. 

WERE talking. 

In the past.

Like MANY YEARS AGO PAST. 

Not like right now. So let it go. 

Noble perhaps, but if YOU understand the internet you surely know that you can't just show up and spew at people and expect to make any meaningful impact.

Someone has never heard of the "Barbara Streisand Effect"

2 minutes ago, Curious said:

Someone has never heard of the "Barbara Streisand Effect"

You mean by all thirteen people on this forum?

Someone can't count.

And one would wonder if thirteen people on the web deserve such an effort.

7 minutes ago, Joplin4206 said:

Aw jeeze, You got us good with that one. Wow. Someone call the burn unit, amirite?!? 

Thank goodness I grow it, because I'm going to need aloe for days! Haha, Aw man.

5 minutes ago, Joplin4206 said:

users.PNG

You were pretty close.  Just off by a little over 9,000.  (said in my best Bob Uecker from Major Leage voice...juuuuuuust a bit outside)

One certainly would. Wouldn’t one?

1 minute ago, Georgiana said:

Aw jeeze, You got us good with that one. Wow. Someone call the burn unit, amirite?!? 

Thank goodness I grow it, because I'm going to need aloe for days! Haha, Aw man.

That should teach you. 

1 minute ago, Curious said:

users.PNG

You were pretty close.  Just off by a little over 9,000.  (said in my best Bob Uecker from Major Leage voice...juuuuuuust a bit outside)

Oh wait. Are there 9,000 people following this thread? I guess not. 

Just now, Joplin4206 said:

If this is your best witty banter, you need to work on it.  Seriously, you are doing Ian and Larissa and the baby ZERO good here.  Google is going to have a heyday indexing all the old posts you necroed and now this one on top of it.

We hadn't said anything about them in a year.  This is not the way to help anyone you care about.  Plus, you look pretty stupid, especially after the 13 people comment.

It's like you don't even go here.

Helping anyone thou art not.

Officially awarding a dead skunk.

I really don't think it should all be dug up again.  I do think it was rough and I do somewhat understand this new poster's ire. 

Let it go, though. Please. It is over.

Few things on FJ have made me quite as furious as the ignorance demonstrated by some people in the Ian and Larissa threads.  The rush to judgement about brain injury, recovery, disability, competency, capacity to consent, the ethical use of substituted judgement, and the importance of loving relationships for people with disabilities quite shocked me.   

I believe Ian, Larissa, and their family are doing very well today and are enjoying their privacy.  Perhaps some people will learn from their positive experience not to jump to conclusions and judge too fast.  

3 minutes ago, Joplin4206 said:

That should teach you. 

Oh wait. Are there 9,000 people following this thread? I guess not. 

I have no way of knowing because the system did keep track before.  I can tell at least one person is following it, but all the people that read in the morning will see this and likely all the posts you necroed.  That makes google happy because it's new content.

You are NOT helping them...at all...even a itty bitty bit.

Agree to disagree.

And you have decided to NOT help them, by creating this new thread. You seem like a tremendous person. 

2 minutes ago, Curious said:

You are NOT helping them...at all...even a itty bitty bit.

This!  @Joplin4206.  LET IT GO!

22 minutes ago, Joplin4206 said:

Oh no. “Curious” thinks I look stupid. 

And trust me. My banter is just fine. 

Are you suggesting you aren't also using a pseudonym?  Your game sucks

21 minutes ago, Joplin4206 said:

Agree to disagree.

And you have decided to NOT help them, by creating this new thread. You seem like a tremendous person. 

I created this thread because YOU were posting on threads that were years old and in the archive.  It's more convenient for people to post in one thread that is current rather than having to chase you all over from thread to thread to respond.

I am a tremendous person!  Thanks for noticing.  I'm doing what any good forum admin/owner would do.  Make things easier for members to contribute on a topic that is pertinent.

Archived