IGNORED

Ian and Larissa ~ Where are they now?

Curious

8 hours ago, adidas said:

I hadn’t heard of these people before all the threads were bumped.

I googled but there’s not much about them online except information about their books. My googling didn’t turn up any FJ threads. I only had links to Christianity today, Desiring God, Huffpost, Oprah and some book sites.

False. When you type in “Ian and Larissa”, “Ian and Larissa baby” is suggested by google. Click on that, and FJ is in the first few. 

1 hour ago, Joyleaf said:

I had more or less forgotten about them. Larissa decided to stop blogging and that was it for me.

It's a bit strange that suddenly a "friend" would come out of the woodworks to start the discussion and the snark again.
I now I do wonder if something went wrong for the little family.
This is like somebody running up to you, grabbing your collar and screaming "THE CAT IS FINE! NOTHING BAD HAPPENED TO THE CAT! YOU HAVE NO REASON TO WORRY AT ALL! DON'T BE STUPID!"
You might want to check on the cat then.

So my guess is that this is no friend at all. Or if it is a friend it is somebody who is really bad at being a friend.

You would guess incorrectly, then. 

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Terrie said:

Rule in my house growing up: whoever cooks doesn't have to clean up. I much, much prefer cooking.

Same here; cooking dinner is much more my jam than doing the dishes. Right now, because my business is slow, I'm doing lots more of the household stuff than I usually do, and my husband is regretting it, because I'm decluttering and ripping the house apart to pare down and deep clean. I'm just running out of dinner ideas :giggle:

10 hours ago, Joplin4206 said:

What should their reactions be to people scrutinizing their lives based on very little  information?

The realization that there is often a high price to pay for the attention of putting your life out into the public, something Larrissa did. Their reaction should be to understand this, something you don't seem to get. There is a huge price to pay when you do things like this. We don't discuss Larissa and Ian much anymore, but this is price of their choice to seek public attention. 

27 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

The realization that there is often a high price to pay for the attention of putting your life out into the public, something Larrissa did. Their reaction should be to understand this, something you don't seem to get. There is a huge price to pay when you do things like this. We don't discuss Larissa and Ian much anymore, but this is price of their choice to seek public attention. 

And people will always be out to defend their friends, something you don’t seem to get. You saying they chose to seek public attention, again shows how little this group knows about them. 

And people will always be out to defend their friends, something you don’t seem to get. You saying they chose to seek public attention, again shows how little this group knows about them. 

I know nothing about them, other than they wrote a book and a blog. I’m sorry, but that’s seeking public attention.
Please stop. You aren’t doing your friends any good.

Just now, Destiny said:

I know nothing about them, other than they wrote a book and a blog. I’m sorry, but that’s seeking public attention.
Please stop. You aren’t doing your friends any good.

False. You do not know the reasons for the blog or the book. 

False. You do not know the reasons for the blog or the book. 

Hahaha, ok friend. Whatever you say. Clearly we have different ideas of what words like attention mean. I still maintain that you need to stop, because you aren’t helping your friends. What you are doing is getting the FJ threads back up to higher in searches for them on google. I urge you to just leave it alone.

I have nothing more to say on this subject. I’m going to go stare at my fridge and hope that something amazing to start for dinner jumps out and grabs me.

25 minutes ago, Joplin4206 said:

Sure, people often defend their friends.  But reviving a dormant conversation in order to object to that conversation hardly succeeds in "defending".

Also, they might not have "sought" public attention, but when one posts publicly viewable videos online and writes a publicly available autobiography, one is certainly not trying to AVOID receiving public attention.  Regardless what their purpose was.  There are a million ways to avoid or minimize public attention, but they didn't do that.

1 hour ago, Terrie said:

Rule in my house growing up: whoever cooks doesn't have to clean up. I much, much prefer cooking.

I will undertake cleaning up duties diligently if I don't have to cook.:my_biggrin:

Look bud, you came in here showing your ass like you were dressed in a hospital gown. And I thought, "Well, maybe they just don't know. Maybe I should let them know their ass is out." So I tried to let you know you were likely harming your friends or at least going against their last public intentions.

But this is you now: 

IMG_6315.thumb.PNG.d3c3a7db5c153833ef8a2f20cbe426a6.PNG

Ian and Larissa asked for their privacy, and lo and behold, FJ stopped talking about them. WE respected their wishes. Meanwhile, you continually insist on bringing them back to the forefront and reigniting old discussions on them, giving them the attention they DIDNT want to have any longer. Maybe you mean well, but if you were my friend, I'd be none too pleased with you for doing this. 

Ian and Larissa wanted to move on with their lives, which I respect. But this is the OPPOSITE of moving on. None of us can change the past, so the only thing to do is let it go and move forward.

1 hour ago, Sobeknofret said:

Same here; cooking dinner is much more my jam than doing the dishes. Right now, because my business is slow, I'm doing lots more of the household stuff than I usually do, and my husband is regretting it, because I'm decluttering and ripping the house apart to pare down and deep clean. I'm just running out of dinner ideas :giggle:

We’re having tortellini soup. Pound of chicken breasts, big bag of frozen mixed veggies, and 6 cups  of chicken broth in the crock pot. Let it cook all day on low. Take out the chicken, shred. Put the chicken back in the soup and add cheese tortellini. Let cook for another 15-20 minuets, until the tortellini is done. 

8 minutes ago, Quiver Full of Kittens said:

We’re having tortellini soup. Pound of chicken breasts, big bag of frozen mixed veggies, and 6 cups  of chicken broth in the crock pot. Let it cook all day on low. Take out the chicken, shred. Put the chicken back in the soup and add cheese tortellini. Let cook for another 15-20 minuets, until the tortellini is done. 

I'm not a big fan of chicken, or meat in general really, but now I want tortellini. I hope you're happy!

I think imma google for butternut squash crock pot recipes. I have some in the freezer.

4 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I'm having pizza. I'm saying eff cooking this day!! :P 

I did that Monday and Tuesday. LOL

I'm having pot roast. Made one earlier this week, still eating it. Hope to be done with it by Saturday. 

Just now, Terrie said:

I'm having pot roast. Made one earlier this week, still eating it. Hope to be done with it by Saturday. 

I make that for mister now and then. I can't make it when the weather is too bad to either leave windows open or the crock pot outside on the deck though. I was literally nauseous from the smell last time. I can't stand the smell of cooking beef. He loved it though. Any special secrets? I'm afraid i literally just followed the recipe on the onion soup mix box, though i added some extra spices when i browned the meat.

I'm not much of a cook to start with, and i'm even more terrible when meat is involved.

5 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I'm not a big fan of chicken, or meat in general really, but now I want tortellini. I hope you're happy!

I think imma google for butternut squash crock pot recipes. I have some in the freezer.

I did that Monday and Tuesday. LOL

No lie, I make it just for the tortellini   :)

Now you’ve sent me down a squash recipe rabbit hole. I like it, but Mr. Kittens is not impressed. Here’s hoping I’ll find a way of making it that he will enjoy, too! 

2 minutes ago, Quiver Full of Kittens said:

No lie, I make it just for the tortellini   :)

Now you’ve sent me down a squash recipe rabbit hole. I like it, but Mr. Kittens is not impressed. Here’s hoping I’ll find a way of making it that he will enjoy, too! 

I made a butternut squash and lentil soup the other day that was pretty good. I think the recipe was on Good Housekeeping. It made lentils almost edible. Almost.

Edit: crap. Just realised I can't make butternut squash soup. My blender died and i haven't been able to afford a new one.

2 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I make that for mister now and then. I can't make it when the weather is too bad to either leave windows open or the crock pot outside on the deck though. I was literally nauseous from the smell last time. I can't stand the smell of cooking beef. He loved it though. Any special secrets? I'm afraid i literally just followed the recipe on the onion soup mix box, though i added some extra spices when i browned the meat.

I'm not much of a cook to start with, and i'm even more terrible when meat is involved.

My secret is to just let the roast go do it’s thing. I put it in the crock pot with a can of beefy mushroom soup, baby carrots, onions, mushrooms, and those tiny potatoes. Then I just let it cook until we get home. 

Sorry if it’s too much but I very much enjoy cooking. 

Just now, Quiver Full of Kittens said:

My secret is to just let the roast go do it’s thing. I put it in the crock pot with a can of beefy mushroom soup, baby carrots, onions, mushrooms, and those tiny potatoes. Then I just let it cook until we get home. 

Sorry if it’s too much but I very much enjoy cooking. 

I love people who love cooking. I wish I were one of them. I really really do. I use onion soup instead, and encrusted the roast in some cracked pepper and steak seasoning stuff whose name i can't remember. Montreal?

So what's for dessert then? 

DH got me some killer truffles for Christmas. You guys should check out The Chocolate Garden. They've won all sorts of awards. Religiously good! They were named Best Chocolatier in America. Well deserved. The truffles are buttery velvet. They even make some with their own wine and scotch.

http://chocolategarden.com/

4 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Red velvet cupcakes with a side of Turtles and Laura Secord Mint Chocolate. :P 

9 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

DH got me some killer truffles for Christmas. You guys should check out The Chocolate Garden. They've won all sorts of awards. Religiously good! They were named Best Chocolatier in America. Well deserved. The truffles are buttery velvet. They even make some with their own wine and scotch.

http://chocolategarden.com/

I’m finishing my Australian Tim Tams. Love them. They are so much better than the American version that are sold in mainstream stores. 

Archived