IGNORED

Terrorist attack at Bloomington, Minnesota Mosque

47of74

There was a terrorist attack in Minnesota today

A blast caused by what the FBI called “a destructive device” rocked a Bloomington Islamic center at dawn Saturday, just as a small group of worshipers had gathered for the day’s first round of prayers.

No one was hurt in the explosion, which heavily damaged an imam’s office at the Dar Al Farooq Center and sent smoke wafting through the large building. Windows in the office were shattered, either by the blast or possibly by an object thrown through them.

In midafternoon, the FBI released a statement saying that it is spearheading the investigation. “Preliminary investigation indicates that the explosion was caused by a destructive device in violation of federal law,” it said. “Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call 1-800-CALL-FBI, option #1.”

Even before that announcement, congregants and some neighbors said it appeared to be a hate crime. Mohamed Omar, the center’s executive director, who was in the building when the explosion erupted, said one worshiper saw a pickup truck speed out of the mosque’s parking lot just after the blast.

I've seen comments by terrorists saying that the people at the mosque are terrorists who got what they deserved.  Uh, no.  The people at the mosque were being peaceful.  I think people need to start examining what it means to be a terrorist.

I know people who go to this mosque. None of them were there during the bombing. Reading the trollish comments about this in other places online is so frustrating. It kicks in my protective instinct. Obviously, I've got ties to the mosque, but I'm also a citizen of the Twin Cities. People here are wonderful, polite, educated, and value diversity. We've had a bad year or so with 2 police shootings. I know my city can do better than this.

And yes, this is terrorism. Plain and simple. 

That's just awful. I'm glad no one was injured, but how horrible. 

21 hours ago, Imagine20 said:

I know people who go to this mosque. None of them were there during the bombing. Reading the trollish comments about this in other places online is so frustrating. It kicks in my protective instinct. Obviously, I've got ties to the mosque, but I'm also a citizen of the Twin Cities. People here are wonderful, polite, educated, and value diversity. We've had a bad year or so with 2 police shootings. I know my city can do better than this.

And yes, this is terrorism. Plain and simple. 

I am really glad no one was injured. 

And yes, in total agreement - this is terrorism, and I hope they catch whoever is behind it and deal with them appropriately according to the law.

I've seen comments by terrorists saying that the people at the mosque are terrorists who got what they deserved.  

I had to unfriend people on my social media for posting that vile, evil shit.

Archived