IGNORED

Holocaust survior confronts ICE Director

47of74

A Holocaust survivor had some strong words for ICE's directory yesterday;

huffingtonpost.com/entry/auschwitz-survivor-ice_us_58db5eafe4b0546370632b4f?

In a dramatic moment at a public forum on immigration Tuesday, 87-year-old Bernard Marks confronted U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Acting Director Thomas Homan. 

“When I was a little boy in Poland, for no other reason but for being Jewish, I was hauled off by the Nazis,” Marks said. “And for no other reason I was picked up and separated from my family, who was exterminated in Auschwitz. And I am a survivor of Auschwitz and Dachau.”

Marks then proceeded to warn Sacramento County Sheriff Scott Jones, who hosted the event, against working closely with Homan to carry out the Trump Administration’s strict deportation policies, which include stalking immigrants at courthouses. 

I completely agree with him. I was a former USCIS officer, and I think ICE, CBP, and USCIS will not be looked at kindly in history. The sad thing is that it doesn't have to be this way. And for the individual officers, "I was just following orders" is not an excuse. 

6 hours ago, Imagine20 said:

I completely agree with him. I was a former USCIS officer, and I think ICE, CBP, and USCIS will not be looked at kindly in history. The sad thing is that it doesn't have to be this way. And for the individual officers, "I was just following orders" is not an excuse. 

Even before the Orange Tapeworm took over USCIS wasn't high on my list of favorite Federal agencies.  Coming back in to the US from my overseas trips it seemed to me like it wasn't as well run and efficient as other countries.  Even in Turkey the process of entering the country didn't take near as long as entering the US did.  

Archived