IGNORED

President Obama to Bill Maher: 'If I watched Fox News, I wouldn’t vote for me either'

AmazonGrace

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-st-bill-maher-obama-interview-20161105-story.html

Days away from the conclusion of his eight-year term in the White House, Obama reflected on his presidency, calling it a “great run.”

“It is time,” he said. “I’m not going to pretend that there haven’t been moments of great frustration, but it is a singular privilege. I think I’m as good a president now as I’ve ever been. Because you learn stuff over eight years.”

He did note, however, that he now sees “the wisdom of the founders,” and that he’s ready to let go of the title for “democracy to work.”

“You have to have the humility to recognize that you’re a citizen, and you go back to being a citizen after this office is over,” Obama said.

Moving forward, he said, one of his biggest concerns is “the balkanization of the media,” noting that the proliferation of news outlets has made it difficult for consumers to find reliable information. 

Archived