calimojo

In the middle of a terrible political year, terrible year for our environment, and all the ugly "ism's" that have come back into the mainstream again,  this is a shining moment for 2016.

THE CUBS ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!!!!

This is a big, BIG Deal at our house.  My husband has some history in his family with Cubs lore and the Wrigleyville neighborhood.  He lived there as a young kid  and remembers watching games from the rooftops, before it was cool, like it is now.  Back then, it was just something the people in the  neighborhood did. 

Anyway,  great game last night.  The series should be fun.   Looking forward to the Cubs winning and Trump losing.  Perfect way to end this suck ass year

• 2 weeks later...

CUBS WIN!  CUBS WIN!  CUBS WIN!

cnn.com/2016/11/02/sport/world-series-game-7-chicago-cubs-cleveland-indians/index.html

The billy goat curse is dead.

The Chicago Cubs are World Series champions at long last, winning their first Fall Classic in 108 years, defeating the Cleveland Indians in 10 innings 8-7 in Game 7 at Progressive Field in Cleveland.

Ben Zobrist's RBI double off Bryan Shaw drove in pinch runner Albert Almora, Jr., and Miguel Montero's single with the bases loaded brought home Anthony Rizzo for what proved the winning run.

The Cubs hadn't won a World Series since 1908, which was the longest drought in baseball. They also broke the curse set the last time they got this far 71 years ago.

The man God has called me to court sent me a text message after the Cubs won tonight, saying "Their drought has been even longer than mine". Being a meek woman with a pure heart I asked him if perhaps his drought might be over sometime soon as well. He responded with, "We will see" and a wink emoticon. It better not be 108 years, I can't wait that long! 

Archived