IGNORED

Anyone want to sign the True Woman Manifesto?

twin2

Me, I think I'll pass. A few highlights:

We believe that the creation of humanity as male and female was a purposeful and magnificent part of God's wise plan, and that men and women were designed to reflect the image of God in complementary and distinct ways.

We realize that we live in a culture that does not recognize God's right to rule, does not accept Scripture as the pattern for life, and is experiencing the consequences of abandoning God's design for men and women.4

We affirm that

We are called as women to affirm and encourage men as they seek to express godly masculinity, and to honor and support God-ordained male leadership in the home and in the church.10

Marriage, as created by God, is a sacred, binding, lifelong covenant between one man and one woman.11

When we respond humbly to male leadership in our homes and churches, we demonstrate a noble submission to authority that reflects Christ's submission to God His Father.

God's plan for gender is wider than marriage; all women, whether married or single, are to model femininity in their various relationships, by exhibiting a distinctive modesty, responsiveness, and gentleness of spirit.

We will

Embrace and express our unique design and calling as women with humility, gratitude, faith, and joy.23

Seek to glorify God by cultivating such virtues as purity, modesty, submission, meekness, and love

Live out the mandate of Titus 2—as older women, modeling godliness and training younger women to be pleasing to God in every respect; as younger women, receiving instruction with meekness and humility and aspiring to become mature women of God who in turn will train the next generation.

Pray for a movement of revival and reformation among God's people that will result in the advancement of the Kingdom and gospel of Christ among all nations.

Even though, I'm going to skip signing the manifesto, I am going to go mine the blog and see if there are any nuggets of snarkworthyness.

truewoman.com/?id=980

Those conferences are one big brainwashing session. It was a great opportunity to look at group manipulation at a special event. Every element needed for hypnosis with anticipation being paramount: http://undermoregrace.blogspot.com/2009 ... kills.html

Thoughts of a friend of mine on the manifesto and Kassian's presentation at the conferences. She's a Christian and on about the same page as I am.

fether.net/2008/10/13/you-like-manifestos/

fether.net/2008/11/17/loyal-or-loose-21-questions/

Oh my gosh. Some of the churches in my region had a young women's event back when I was about 19 or so, and it was supposed to be a huge coming of age thing for us with all kinds of intense weekend mentoring on what being a woman would be like. That manifesto sounds a lot like what we were taught. Everything was very pink and we were taught about what a privilege it was to have someone in our lives who would relieve us of the terrible burden of having to make all kinds of major decisions for ourselves.

Deciding what I want out of life. Oh, the horror!

twin2, there are a few sentences you quoted that I agree with. But -- through my filters. I'm sure that my interpretation/filters aren't the same as what the Manifesto's author meant when she wrote this.

I think I'll sign something else instead. Something like the next paycheck I get that isn't direct deposit, or an authorization to have my car repaired.

Archived