IGNORED

Mass killing in Mobile, Alabama

RosyDaisy

Another day, another mass shooting. This one happened near a friend's neighborhood.

http://whnt.com/2016/08/20/5-dead-in-mobile-mass-homicide/

MOBILE, Ala. – Five people were found dead Saturday afternoon inside a Citronelle home, authorities say.

The murder victims were found in a home on Jim Platt Road. Inside that home, according to our news partners at AL.com a 4-month-old baby was found alive. One of the victims was believed to be pregnant.

Mobile County Sheriff’s Capt. Paul Burch and District Attorney Ashley Rich described the crime scene as the worst they have seen in their careers due to the number of bodies, and will take several days to process.

He went on to say multiple weapons were used in the attack.

A suspect confessed to the crimes and is in police custody.

Police were first notified of a possible multiple homicide by a woman who walked into the Citronelle Police Department on Saturday afternoon, he said.

The woman told police she had been kidnapped late Friday night or early Saturday morning and got away from her captor, he said.

The motive behind the slayings hasn’t been released.

Robert F. Brown identified himself as the father of one of the victims, Robert Lee Brown, who was in his 20s.

Burch said he doesn’t know when the actual homicides took place. He also doesn’t know if the victims were members of the same family.

This reminds me a little of the recent Ohio slayings and the Stay family killings that occurred in 2014. Nasty people live in this world. At least they have the suspect and he can't hurt anyone else.

That's absolutely horrifying.  I feel for everyone that lost someone.  This world has some real crazy people in it.

This is a horrid story and I am relieved they have the suspect.  Prayers for the familes and friends and neighbors affected by this senseless act.

Very tragic story. Why do people do evil things like this? I asked my friend if she knew the victims or the killer. She said she didn't. So, all I know is what I've read in the news.

This also reminded me of the Ohio killings, but it seems with the surviving victim's statement that it's mostly a reminder that the most dangerous time for an abused woman is if she tries to leave.  I also suspect she's lucky that the killer's father didn't try to help or hide him.

Archived