IGNORED

Alabama judge who wouldn’t marry gays in hot water over sexts

47of74

Another day, another wide stancing GOP fool;

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2016/08/alabama-judge-wouldnt-marry-gays-suspended-sexual-messages/

Tallapoosa County Probate Judge Leon Archer regrets his actions and cooperated fully with a probe that resulted in charges filed Wednesday by the Alabama Judicial Inquiry Commission, said Randy Haynes, an attorney for Archer.

The complaint said Archer met a woman in 2013 when she was 34 and went to the probate office to wed a 68-year-old man. Archer performed the ceremony and noted the large age difference between the two, the complaint said.

The complaint includes more than 60 pages of printed messages between Archer and the woman, including ones in which he allegedly wrote: “I want to hear you moan” and “what happened to us hooking up.”

The judge, who is not a lawyer, reached a settlement with judicial investigators in which he agreed to a six-month suspension without pay, Haynes said. The suspension will begin Monday provided the Alabama Court of the Judiciary, which hears administrative cases against judges, approves the settlement during a hearing, Haynes said.

And of course he refuses to marry the gays.  Sigh.  More GOP Family Values™ on display.

For judicial ethics violations.

The Alabama Court of the Judiciary approved a settlement suspending Tallapoosa County Probate Judge Leon Archer six months without pay for sexting with a litigant.

All three of the charges against Archer involved alleged violations of the canons of judicial ethics, including that judges must: maintain high standards of conduct; avoid impropriety; maintain decorum; conduct themselves in a manner to promote public confidence in the judiciary; avoid bringing their office into disrepute.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2016/08/alabama_judges.html

Some of the sexting was at the courthouse during business hours and he had met the woman during a court case.

http://www.alexcityoutlook.com/2016/01/29/judge-admits-sexting-archer-apologetic-over-sending-sexually-explicit-talk-photos-to-younger-woman/

He also sent some messages that involved money offers for meeting him might be interpreted as solicitation.

Marrying two people who love each other? Wrong and bad! I won't do it! Sexually harassing a woman via text? A-OK!

Though I will admit that at first I misread the headline and thought it was about a judge who wouldn't marry a gay couple because THEY were sending raunchy texts and got in trouble for it. "Nope, can't marry you, you sent your boyfriend dick pics and his mom saw".

Nitpick: "wide stance" is a euphemism for being homophobic and simultaneously gay and closeted.  Covert heterosexual encounters are just filed under "sleaze". 

My state is full of assholes like him, starting with Gov. Robert Bentley. Fuck every single one of them. They are part of the reason Alabama is so ass backwards.

I read the title as 

"Alabama judge who wouldn’t marry gays in hot water over sexed."

So you have an oversexed judge who doesn't want to marry gays in hot water? Why does anybody want to marry in hot water? 

After reading it again I got it. Painful on a Josh Duggar level. 

2 hours ago, foreign fundie said:

I read the title as 

"Alabama judge who wouldn’t marry gays in hot water over sexed."

So you have an oversexed judge who doesn't want to marry gays in hot water? Why does anybody want to marry in hot water? 

After reading it again I got it. Painful on a Josh Duggar level. 

I would totally get married in a hot tub, just saying.

And Judge Leon Archer is married. For 47 years. I wonder if that will change now...

If his wife comes from money, I could definitely see her filing for divorce. Gov. Bentley's wife filed for divorce, and AFAIK, never made a public statement.

I told my partner about this, and she says maybe he doesn't want to marry the gays, because he's worried he'd end up sexting and trying to sleep with them too?

I can't stop laughing!

Archived