IGNORED

Latest Amazon find: Infant Circumcision-Trainer!

47of74

My friend came across this today, an Infant Circumcision Trainer!  (No I am not including pictures of it). 

Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 4.59.31 PM.png

Here's the link to the item on Amazon in case you're dying of curousity and want to see what it looks like

amazon.com/Nasco-Infant-Circumcision-Trainer-White/dp/B0083Y0W26/

Now I'm wondering if any fundie / qiverfull types would splurge to get one of these so they could practice that art themselves?

If it's just a medical training tool for rookie doctors or nurses, I don't have a problem with it. If regular people off the street are using it for DIY circumcisions, then that's problematic. Can you buy any other sorts of medical training equipment on Amazon (excluding books and other text based materials)?

Give it time. We will be talking about naive parents of beautiful baby boys who have died due to sepsis caused by do-it-yourself circumcisions.

6 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

If it's just a medical training tool for rookie doctors or nurses, I don't have a problem with it. If regular people off the street are using it for DIY circumcisions, then that's problematic. Can you buy any other sorts of medical training equipment on Amazon (excluding books and other text based materials)?

Yeah sure looks like it - including artifical blood, suture simulators,  and a bucket of scat to help in identifying various animal forms. 

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

Yeah sure looks like it - including artifical blood, suture simulators,  and a bucket of scat to help in identifying various animal forms. 

I may have 'prepper' family members, who may have all sorts of 'how to perform various surgeries in the event of  zombie apocalypse' kits (often from amazon).

On the plus side, these people also have awesome 'pet first aid' kits which they have used on random abandoned animals (because there are still jackholes in the world that think dumping an animal in the country is an acceptable thing to do) that they helped keep alive and found homes for--so, a plus for the kit with the overpriced tampons and butterfly bandages, I guess.

"Anyone can intubate" was on a wishlist at one pont..https://www.amazon.com/Anyone-Can-Intubate-Step-Step/dp/0929894189/ref=mt_paperback?_encoding=UTF8&me=

2 hours ago, dawbs said:

I may have 'prepper' family members, who may have all sorts of 'how to perform various surgeries in the event of  zombie apocalypse' kits (often from amazon).

On the plus side, these people also have awesome 'pet first aid' kits which they have used on random abandoned animals (because there are still jackholes in the world that think dumping an animal in the country is an acceptable thing to do) that they helped keep alive and found homes for--so, a plus for the kit with the overpriced tampons and butterfly bandages, I guess.

Speaking of tampons, Amazon also has tampon flasks for sale.

amazon.com/Flask-Alcohol-Tampon-Flasks-Smuggle/dp/B00DOA3FYQ

Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 9.16.02 PM.png

I just hope they aren't putting them up there while smuggling alcohol.

The comments on amaz.on are fabulous.  Especially the questions section.  

1 hour ago, Rubaiyat said:

The comments on amaz.on are fabulous.  Especially the questions section.

Amazon comments have always cracked me up.... There are some comedic geniuses lurking there, for sure.

Check out the comments for Tuscan milk, one gallon size:

https://www.amazon.com/Tuscan-Dairy-Whole-Vitamin-Gallon/dp/B00032G1S0?ie=UTF8&ref_=cm_lmf_tit_2

9 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

If someone is so desperate for alcohol that they're hiding it in a fake tampon case, I think there are some larger issues at play.

One of my brother's friends has something similar.  She brings it to sporting events where a mixed drink is $12-15.  lol

15 hours ago, 47of74 said:

My friend came across this today, an Infant Circumcision Trainer!  (No I am not including pictures of it). 

Thank you for not doing so. That's just not something that I need to ever see.

5 hours ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

Thank you for not doing so. That's just not something that I need to ever see.

I was tempted to do so but thought that would get me in trouble so I just included the text and figured anyone with a burning desire to see the apparatus could go to Amazon themselves and do so.

I clicked on the link I was still logged in to Amazon, it informed me that they didn't deliver to Glasgow, Scotland. I'm not upset about that. Circumcision should only be carried out by trained medics, I hope people don't attempt to do it. In the UK it's not common practice apart from the jewish community.

At a doctors office I worked for you could get a discount if you bought in your own medical supplies. This in a rural east Texas clinic and not big items but like unopened glaze, unopened puppy pads, heck someone even brought unopened iodine swabs once.  A lot of home birthing moms buy their stuff on amazon. 

On 7/20/2016 at 3:08 PM, 47of74 said:

Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 4.59.31 PM.png

Here's the link to the item on Amazon in case you're dying of curousity and want to see what it looks like

amazon.com/Nasco-Infant-Circumcision-Trainer-White/dp/B0083Y0W26/

Now I'm wondering if any fundie / qiverfull types would splurge to get one of these so they could practice that art themselves?

I always assumed fundies didn't circumcise but now that I think of it, circumcision is a sacred covenant with God, so. . .

Trying not to think about these patriarchs performing home circumcisions.

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

I always assumed fundies didn't circumcise but now that I think of it, circumcision is a sacred covenant with God, so. . .

Trying not to think about these patriarchs performing home circumcisions.

As the original poster was good enough not to post a picture of the device, I'll continue the trend and put my comment about a practice in some communities under a spoiler tag. You have been warned!

Spoiler

In some ultra-Orthodox Jewish communities, mohels suck the blood off the baby's penis after performing a circumcision. This has caused serious infections and even the death of some infants.

Archived