IGNORED

Things that give you the Demons!

Black Aliss

So, right-wing nutjob Christianist preacher Rick Wiles has had a minor freakout over someone using Pokemon Go near his office because cyber-demons. For those of us who don't spend too much time thinking about demon-possession, he explained on his radio show that terrorists could somehow use the information harvested by the app to show them "where Christians are located geographically". And, of course, Americans could easily be tricked by these demons into doing all sorts of terrible things.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/end-times-pastor-warns-isis-could-use-pokemon-go-to-target-christians-with-cyber-demons/

This got me thinking that maybe we need a list of the common ways us ordinary Americans get possessed by demons, if not for us, then as a service for any demon-fearing fundies who might wander over here.

I recall Pat Robertson saying that thrift-store clothing (don't recall if it was just sweaters, or all used clothing) can harbor demons. As can certain kinds of rock music, probably anything with a back beat.

Demons also lurk in those bags of little candy bars that are sold for trick-or-treating, and probably in Halloween costumes as well.

Anything else we need to be concerned about?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Granwych said:

I suppose it's far too late to be concerned with the sheer tsunami of stupidity in this country.

Yeah, that ship sailed a long time ago.

Cabbage Patch dolls come to mind. 

As far as I can tell, anything that is at all popular is because of, or will attract demons.

Croissants, on grounds of being French and giving you appetites.

I'm leaving the stage to the the prophecies of Sir Terry Pratchett. His words of wisdom on religion and the ensuing insanity it can bring are throughout his books, but Mnstrous Regiment is particularly focused on this. If you read the book you will find yourself nodding vigorously and frequently, and until then, here are some memorable quotes.

https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/2073281-monstrous-regiment

Terry Pratchett is a hero of mine. A lot of his writing is pertinent. Every time I think his story went a tad too far, something in real life actually top it! I'm still sad a great mind & person passed way too early.

My dad's best friend when I was a kid was a Gothard follower. He thought paisley (the pattern) was demonic because of its connection to Hinduism. W. T. Actual F? He also thought enchiladas were evil. No I'm not making this up!

@ladyamylynn,  I know my husband doesn't like paisley.  Now I wonder if he think it's demonic.  Paisley lace would drive him batty.  (FYI, he thinks lace is trashy.)  I might have to have enchiladas for supper, because now I'm hungry.

2 hours ago, AuntCloud said:

Croissants, on grounds of being French and giving you appetites.

So that's a pair of demons on my ass, then, and one more on my belly. Best to keep them appeased I guess. "Pain au chocolat, guys?"

I do miss Sir Terry.

Magic the Gathering cards.  (Should be obvious from the name ;) )

Yoga for any number of reasons. That's why we need to keep it out of schools. :my_biggrin:

Halloween and rock music. Dungeons and Dragons, ouiji boards, astrology. Playing Bloody Mary at slumber parties. 

1 hour ago, Grimalkin said:

Halloween and rock music. Dungeons and Dragons, ouiji boards, astrology. Playing Bloody Mary at slumber parties. 

Ooh that reminds me,

Light as a feather, stiff as a board

So if these televangelists and Gothardie types stay away from all of that, how did so many of them get mixed up with the demons of greed, power and immorality? Or could it be that these demons don't stop at church doors?

Tattoos, hair dye, heavy metal music, defrauding clothing, XMen movies

4 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

Ooh that reminds me,

Light as a feather, stiff as a board

I remember doing that at a slumber party in middle school. The girl that we did this with was a tiny thing to begin with, & damned if we didn't raise her up to about  five feet off of the ground.

Archived