IGNORED

Things that give you the Demons!

Black Aliss

Pentacles. Even in their classic form. Being a Pagan in a remote Arkansas was misery because people thought our pentacles were evil. My windchimes were taken down at least 8 times. I had to replace countless chains because kids at my daughter's school kept ripping hers off  (which finally led to a meeting with the principal) and the decal on my car once had a piece of paper with a cross drawn taped over it. 

I suppose the goosebumps I got at the Disturbed concert last week are evil? Cuz hearing their cover of 'Sound of Silence' live was definitely a teligious experience! 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Roux  I never understood how you played a record backwards.  With reel-to-reel tape recorders, you could re-wind the tape, but playing a record backwards?  There is this classic that those of us of a certain age might remember:

It was the B side of this:

Notice how the label on the B side is reversed.

I figure pretty much everything in the show Stranger Things.

Well, Netflix in general :P

Saw this in Alaska .... and I finally found a place to share it.  Beer, obs.

beer.jpg

2 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

I figure pretty much everything in the show Stranger Things.

Well, Netflix in general :P

a girl with short hair and NO WISPS. :scared-eek:

The Duggars give me demons. I had a creepy dream about Jim Bob following me around all day and telling me about all the things I was doing wrong.

On 8/10/2016 at 3:51 AM, Shadoewolf said:

I suppose the goosebumps I got at the Disturbed concert last week are evil? Cuz hearing their cover of 'Sound of Silence' live was definitely a teligious experience! 

I like Disturbed. When I heard they covered Sounds of Silence my first thought was - oh, no!  Then I heard it, just WOW!

Have Simon & Garfunkel given their opinion on the cover version?

Anything the father can't afford for his too large family. Amusement parks, new clothes, regular vacations that don't involve camping. Anything that makes his family seem not extra special.

1 hour ago, Gossamer1 said:

I like Disturbed. When I heard they covered Sounds of Silence my first thought was - oh, no!  Then I heard it, just WOW!

Have Simon & Garfunkel given their opinion on the cover version?

Simon has given his stamp of approval. 

This whole thread just cracks me up. Kind of reminds me of this list I was I was taught about 15 years ago (not sure if it is still a thing nowadays): In a behavioural therapy approach to cure depression, you'd give the patient a list of "things that are fun to most people" and encouraged them to try some of the items. Most of it was pretty harmless, like "take a walk on the beach" or "have some ice-cream".  Maybe that's why I never quite got the point of it? 

On the other hand, I'll definitely recommend this thread to a dear friend of mine, who's been struggling with depression for years. He could use this thread for ideas of real fun! He's an evil atheist anyway, so I'm sure he won't mind the demons. Plus, he's snarky as hell, so he'll feel right at home!

Archived