IGNORED

Courthouse shooting St. Joseph, Michigan

RosyDaisy

I haven't seen this posted yet:

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/11/us/michigan-courthouse-shooting/index.html

Two bailiffs and the suspect were killed. A deputy and a civilian sustained non-life threatening injuries. How in the hell did somebody who isn't a LEO or bailiff manage to get a gun into a courthouse?

I have run out of things to say about the epidemic of shootings.

8 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

I haven't seen this posted yet:

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/11/us/michigan-courthouse-shooting/index.html

Two bailiffs and the suspect were killed. A deputy and a civilian sustained non-life threatening injuries. How in the hell did somebody who isn't a LEO or bailiff manage to get a gun into a courthouse?

I have run out of things to say about the epidemic of shootings.

The inmate got the gun from the deputy when they were taking him from holding to the courtroom. When he shot the 3 taking him, he got out where the public area. 

However in my court house someone could easily shoot all security upon entering and then have free reign of the building. 

16 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

The inmate got the gun from the deputy when they were taking him from holding to the courtroom. When he shot the 3 taking him, he got out where the public area. 

However in my court house someone could easily shoot all security upon entering and then have free reign of the building. 

Truth is, as long as police and military forces have and use guns, some deaths WILL occur, and people will find ways to get their hands on them.

I'm so sorry to hear that something like this happened again. While my thoughts are with the bereaved ones, I am angry that I have to say "again".

I'm just very thankful my friends that work in that courthouse are all alive. I was going to say "fine" but that isn't true, they are in shock right now. 

Live update on www.wwmt.com and www.woodtv.com right now

Wait, wait, wait. Why wasn't the shooter handcuffed?

6 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

It's common for them not to be if they seem to be no threat. Not everyone waiting arraignment is in for a violent offense (child support, embezzlement, possession of drugs,  dui, etc)

Edit to say, I have no inside info, I don't know what this guy was in for, i dont work for that court, etc, etc

Oh well, where there's a will there's a way. With a room full of witnesses, there is no way this isn't going to spend life in prison.

11 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

Oh well, where there's a will there's a way. With a room full of witnesses, there is no way this isn't going to spend life in prison.

The shooter was killed as well as the two bailiffs. He was to be sentenced for a sex crime. 

Earlier today people were trying to connect the shooter to Black Lives Matter.

I'm tired, y'all, I'm really tired.

The shooter was killed as well as the two bailiffs. He was to be sentenced for a sex crime. 

Oops, I had taken a pain pill, and forgot the man shot himself.

21 minutes ago, Alicja said:

Earlier today people were trying to connect the shooter to Black Lives Matter.

I'm tired, y'all, I'm really tired.

As you should be. It's bringing out all of the closet racists.

18 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Update, he was handcuffed with his hands in front. It is from this article:

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2016/07/suspect_handcuffed_when_he_too.html#incart_special-report

He was going to be charged (arraigned) for sexual assault and kidnapping. I would say those are violent to mean handcuffing is necessary. (referring to my post that some non-violent offenders may not be handcuffed)

Did anyone catch the ex-wife statement about the shooter? Oh boy. (I blocked out the picture.)

Spoiler

exwife.jpg

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Update, he was handcuffed with his hands in front. It is from this article:

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2016/07/suspect_handcuffed_when_he_too.html#incart_special-report

He was going to be charged (arraigned) for sexual assault and kidnapping. I would say those are violent to mean handcuffing is necessary. (referring to my post that some non-violent offenders may not be handcuffed)

Did anyone catch the ex-wife statement about the shooter? Oh boy. (I blocked out the picture.)

Hide contents

exwife.jpg

Spoiler

disgust.gif

I know that she's in denial but that statement...

Huh? She does not want him painted as an angry violent person? Cheeses, lady. He was there due to charges of first-degree criminal sexual assault, kidnapping, assault with a deadly weapon and domestic violence. And, you know, he then killed two people by shooting them at the courthouse. So yes, I am pretty confident that your idiot ex-husband was an angry violent person. I get she may be numb, but come on. 

22 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I work for the court system and it's similar. This is what we all fear. Small underfunded counties being the most at risk.

OT: There are no metal detectors in our small county courthouse, either.  Just a sticker on the door that says "No weapons."  

A few weeks ago, a man carrying a rifle, no shirt, barefoot, (and drunk!) walked across the local courthouse lawn around noon.  Workers in the courthouse noticed this, and their take away was they need a PA system to alert everyone instantly.  (I personally would have suggested a security system, or a metal detector, but....)

Turns out the guy had just bought the rifle from a friend and was on his way home.  Just a shortcut.

1 hour ago, MarblesMom said:

OT: There are no metal detectors in our small county courthouse, either.  Just a sticker on the door that says "No weapons."  

A few weeks ago, a man carrying a rifle, no shirt, barefoot, (and drunk!) walked across the local courthouse lawn around noon.  Workers in the courthouse noticed this, and their take away was they need a PA system to alert everyone instantly.  (I personally would have suggested a security system, or a metal detector, but....)

Turns out the guy had just bought the rifle from a friend and was on his way home.  Just a shortcut.

how scary! They probably asked fro a PA system because they know the metal detector will be turned down.

There are some counties in my state that don't have metal detectors and others that make the public and employees  go through metal detectors. My county only require the public to go through the metal detectors. The employees have a separate entrance and parking lot with magnetic badge entrance.

As you should be. It's bringing out all of the closet racists.

And the faux anti-racists who are trying so desperately to prove their not.

An amazing man who got mixed up with the wrong people. Really? Damn, lady, he wasn't a 15-year-old who got peer pressured into smoking a joint at a party. He was a 44-year-old who had already committed violent crimes. 

The media is releasing more details on his crimes. According to CBC radio, he kept a 17 yr old girl in a shed and fed her meth and abused her.

Girl, that's not getting mixed up with the wrong people, that's straight up psychopathy.

It's sad that things like this don't even make me flinch anymore.  It's become so commonplace that I just shake my head because I'm numb to it all.  So sad.

Also- from what @Alicja just posted, he was criminally insane.

1 hour ago, Alicja said:

The media is releasing more details on his crimes. According to CBC radio, he kept a 17 yr old girl in a shed and fed her meth and abused her.

Girl, that's not getting mixed up with the wrong people, that's straight up psychopathy.

I just read the local news article last night about what he was in for- http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2016/07/berrien_county_courthouse_shoo_2.html#incart_special-report

Wow. Plus he has 2 prior federal felony charges. He wasn't into small time "oops" crimes.

Also he was living with that ex-wife that was quoted about "he's a good man". Oh boy. The lady hasn't said anything but I would find it very hard to believe that she didn't know he had a 17 year old locked in the shed. Then it also makes me wonder if she was an accomplice or drugged up like the 17-year old. Wow, just wow.

I just read the local news article last night about what he was in for- http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2016/07/berrien_county_courthouse_shoo_2.html#incart_special-report

Wow. Plus he has 2 prior federal felony charges. He wasn't into small time "oops" crimes.

Also he was living with that ex-wife that was quoted about "he's a good man". Oh boy. The lady hasn't said anything but I would find it very hard to believe that she didn't know he had a 17 year old locked in the shed. Then it also makes me wonder if she was an accomplice or drugged up like the 17-year old. Wow, just wow.

I hope the girl is doing okay now. :(

I hope he never gets access to his daughter. What a sick piece of shit.

Archived