IGNORED

Abuse at Christian Boarding School

PsyD2013

Reading about places like this makes my skin crawl. I can't eve continue. Why would anyone think it's a good idea to send their kids to places like this?

From the Daily Beast article: >> Miracle Meadows’ former director Susan Gayle Clark, 69, pled guilty this year to three misdemeanors counts of child neglect creating a substantial risk of injury, failure to report by a mandated reporter, and obstructing a law enforcement officer. She was sentenced to six months and 30 days in prison. <<

And Judge Aaron Persky, rape apologist, sends felony sex offender Brock Allen Turner (with 3 guilty verdicts) down for 6 months, which will probably be reduced to 90 days for good behavior.

:5624797b0697e_headbash:

Do the parents who send children to such places think it will actually benefit the child in any way?  It's a LOT of money to spend without bothering to check on the place first. Considering how thoroughly I research a PET sitter I cannot fathom handing a human child off to a total stranger who can 'Put the fear of God in 'em."

My guess is that these parents are at the end of their rope and are grasping at anything that promises to "fix" their kids.

36 minutes ago, smittykins said:

My guess is that these parents are at the end of their rope and are grasping at anything that promises to "fix" their kids.

This is what I think too. They probably saw the signs but ignored them because they wanted it to work. And they don't know what else to do with their kids. So they probably told themselves the boys were exaggerating or lying because troubled boys do lie.

Archived