IGNORED

The Thinking House Wife, Chaz Bono And Megyn Kelly

debrand

Recently, Megyn Kelly of Fox news defended Chaz Bono(Yes, you read that correctly) I found these comments on The Thinking Housewife

JOHN E. writes:

Megyn Kelly seems to be a sign, one of many, of women who are out-of-place. She is doing what women excel at, and accomplish so beautifully in the proper context, which is to accept another unconditionally. The problem is that there are circumstances, many circumstances in our day, for which unconditional acceptance is among the last things that are needed, and Bono’s are such circumstances. Ms. Kelly is thrusting her womanly strength onto a situation in which it has no place, and in so doing, demonstrates how this strength becomes a weakness.

It is true that there are also many men who would respond in a similar fashion as Ms. Kelly, but their problem I observe largely to be one of ennui, of giving up the fight due to boredom or apathy, and not due to conviction. This is its own grave problem. On the other hand I see women everywhere I turn who are eagerly offering defenses for the indefensible. They are deeply convicted, they are in earnest, but they are out of their league, and worst of all, they haven’t the faintest idea how foolish they are being.

When a woman disagrees with a man, it is foolishness. When a man disagrees with this man, the other man is just being lazy. :roll:

This is The Thinking Housewife's response.

.thinkinghousewife.com/wp/2011/09/femininity-in-all-the-wrong-places/#more-28996

Laura writes:

Great point. I entirely agree. I notice from Kelly’s bio that she has a child who is only a few months old and another child who is less than two. I’m sure these circumstances add to her misdirected feelings, which is not to excuse her stupidity. A woman with a baby has emotions close to the surface. If she doesn’t, she’s heartless.

By the way, Megyn is a strange name. Sorry to change the subject, but I just think it is very odd. The quest for novelty in names is another strange modern phenomenon. But that’s a whole other issue.

Laura adds:

Returning to John’s point, there’s another way of looking at Kelly. It might not be an excess of womanly compassion but a deficiency. After all, this is a woman who has left her two young children, including a baby who is just five months old, to appear on TV. She seems to have no sensitivity, no awareness, of the needs of children, which makes her outrage over Keith Ablow’s statements understandable.

What is a woman who willingly lives such a life? A freak of nature.

The fact that there are many such women does not make her any less freakish.

thinkinghousewife.com/wp/2011/09/femininity-in-all-the-wrong-places/#more-28996

Megyn Kelly must have really, really annoyed THW because she devoted two articles to her comments about Chaz Bono.

thinkinghousewife.com/wp/2011/09/megyn-accuses-normal-people-of-hate-hate-hate/

A READER, Joe, sent this note today to Megyn Kelly of FoxNews:

At lunch, I got bored watching CNBC and Fox Business so I flipped the news channels to your program. Your interaction with [Dr. Keith] Ablow was astounding. Mind blowing.

You militantly argued with him, invoking that damnable “hater†terminology of the Bolsheviks, about Chastity Bono and (her) appearance on some dancing program.

Approximation: “There is no evidence watching Chaz Bono on Dancing With the Stars or watching Will & Grace will turn a child into a homosexual. Stop the hate!†…

…

Let me tell you something on behalf of the fathers of America:

I didn’t commit to decades of my life and all my hopes and dreams for the future and the continuation of my line so that some … malcontent can “turn gay†or mutilate himself because of social propagandists like you.

Oh and I have news for that pretty little but empty head of yours:

Male and female **are ** a matter of immutable genes. XX = female. XY = male. “Chaz†Bono is a mutilated female and you are a… contemptible liar for pretending otherwise.

Ugh - every time I think Stinking Lousewife can't surprise me, she hits all new levels of crazy. I get that some women disagree with mothers of young children working outside the home, but whatever happened to reasoned argument? How in the world does simply dismissing someone as a freak of nature prove or address anything in a meaningful manner? And that doesn't even begin to touch on the assumption that a mother with young children can't be rational or that bizarre nonsequitur about her name. Ugh. I can take it when people have actual reasons to back up opinions with which I disagree but this is just pure meanness.

As for Megyn being a weird name? Today at work I had to make a birthday cake for a little girl named Yaris. Yeah, like the car from Toyota. Megyn is pretty normal, all things considered.

Megyn Kelly must have really, really annoyed THW because she devoted two articles to her comments about Chaz Bono.

Well, that'll convince her.

As Orwell said about another daft political comment "words and meaning have almost parted company". What has the "father" bit got to do with anything? Is the fact Chaz Bono exists going to turn all his kids into transsexuals? Why the hell does he think he can speak for all American fathers? And finally, he should learn some history before ever invoking the Bolsheviks again.

Sooo... how would he characterize sexual chromosome anomalies? Such as XXY or XXX? I really hate when people try to tell others what their genetic make-up must be in order to fit in one box or the other! ugh.

Let me tell you something on behalf of the fathers of America:

I didn’t commit to decades of my life and all my hopes and dreams for the future and the continuation of my line so that some … malcontent can “turn gay†or mutilate himself because of social propagandists like you.

Wow.

Of all of the hateful, horrible things written by Laura and her ilk in this example, the above really sticks out to me. And I have a few questions I'd like to ask this pitiful excuse of a man:

1) Why does this have anything to do with you?

2) What hopes and dreams for the future have you had to give up because of Chaz Bono?

3) What did you spend decades of your life doing that causes you to believe that you have any right to impose your hateful thoughts on anyone else? Again, what do decades of your life have to do with Chaz Bono and other people like him?

4) How is the "continuation of your line" affected by Chaz Bono?

5) What did Megyn Kelly have to do with Chaz Bono or anyone else being transgendered? How did she influence (as that's what social propagandists do - they influence people) Chaz Bono or other transgendered people in any way?

I happened to be watching Megyn Kelly's program when she defended Chaz. And I say, good for her! I don't always agree with Megyn, but she's very intelligent and she does not suffer fools gladly, nor does she tolerate sexism. Yes, she did have a baby recently-- she took a lengthy maternity leave. I'd love it if she'd have some of these fundies as guests on her program. She'd tell them a thing or two!

Archived