IGNORED

‘Christian’ Dad Forced 14-Year-Old Daughter To Marry MUCH Older Rapist Who Impregnated Her

doggie

I can't tell if the girl had chosen to have sex with the guy not that it really matters. 

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2016/05/25/christian-dad-forced-14-year-old-daughter-to-marry-much-older-rapist-who-impregnated-her-video/

There are many good things in the Bible — messages of love, charity, and goodwill toward others — and then there are the parts that should be ignored by even the most devout of Christians. One such segment, in particular, is Deuteronomy 22:27-29, which states that women should be forced to marry their rapists, even stipulating the amount that the rapist must pay for the woman or child he raped. It is likely this passage that led Idaho “Christian” Keith Strawn to drive his 14-year-old daughter to Missouri where he forced her to marry her rapist just like the Bible says.

Most fathers would seek justice if a 24-year-old man raped and impregnated his 14-year-old daughter. Strawn will spend 120 days in jail after forcing her to marry Aaron Seaton, her rapist. The “Biblical” marriage lasted 120 days. Ultimately, Strawn’s daughter miscarried. But he had an interesting defense of his decision to marry her off to her rapist:

FOX31 reports:

In August 2015, Strawn took his 14-year-old daughter and then 24-year-old Aaron Seaton to Missouri to consent in their marriage. Seaton, now 25, pleaded guilty to a rape charge in April and is believed to have impregnated her. The victim miscarried.

Seaton is serving a 15-year prison sentence. Court records show Strawn “harbored and protected” Seaton by allowing him to live with his teenage daughter.

“If you get them pregnant then you marry them,” Strawn told [the judge] during the hearing.

Strawn’s attorney argued that he receive a six-day jail sentence — less time than Creationists believe it took God to create all of existence — and probation because his client’s decision to marry off his daughter to her rapist “might have been a religious motivation.”

“(The victim) told me herself that her father asked her several times during the trip to Missouri, and even the day of the marriage, if it was something she wanted to do,” the attorney said, as though that mattered.

What the fuck? Please, tell me that this girl is now in a decent home where someone can take care of her

31 minutes ago, doggie said:

I can't tell if the girl had chosen to have sex with the guy not that it really matters. 

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2016/05/25/christian-dad-forced-14-year-old-daughter-to-marry-much-older-rapist-who-impregnated-her-video/

I know you added the caveat that it doesn't really matter, but NO 14 year old can consent with an adult ever. Any 14 year old who believes they have is because they have been groomed and manipulated to consent, which is not consent it's coercion, which is rape. 

Sounds like a chapter right out of Vaughn Ohlman's playbook.  These horrible adults using biblical snippets to harm children.

I know you added the caveat that it doesn't really matter, but NO 14 year old can consent with an adult ever. Any 14 year old who believes they have is because they have been groomed and manipulated to consent, which is not consent it's coercion, which is rape. 

Sorry that's what I meant. We can't tell if she wanted to marry him that's what I was wondering.

43 minutes ago, doggie said:

Sorry, FJ people, stand down, because am having trouble--again--with quote function.

>>Most fathers would seek justice if a 24-year-old man raped and impregnated his 14-year-old daughter.<<

My father (may his dear God rest him in the glory of heaven!) AND my big brother would have shown up with shotguns, rifles, artillery, or even cannons if they could have gotten them.  

And trust me, "ensuring a holy marriage with the worthless POS rapist who impregnated a child" would have been down around five million on the "to do" list. ("Making SEVERE Quantities of Mulch" would have been in the top five.)

>>“If you get them pregnant then you marry them,” Strawn told [the judge] during the hearing.<<

EXCUSE ME, but I am soooo not a breeding sow or horse, where you need to establish bloodlines.

I don't give a freaking good gawd-damn even if the girl was so sex-wild-madly-eager (and that is NOT based on any evidence--it was just put out for the sake of the pathetic argument that a Sullied Gurl needs to marry a rapist, to Save Her Name) that the guy had to sew his pants shut!--"the law protests for her". (And, no, I am not saying she was anywhere near being Out of Line. CHILDREN ARE TO BE PROTECTED. End of paragraph.) 

Young kids--and I do include 14-year-olds, any gender, here---ought to be worrying about "does zhe really LIKE me?", or "does this outfit make me look yucchy?", NOT whether they need to make a legal and/or spiritual bond with a f*cking sexual predator.

I. CAN'T. EVEN.

Does anyone have a link about how the spouse of this POS putative father has responded?

looks like the christian thing was just added to the story.  though the guy did let this happen

I did find this

Strawn's lawyer had asked for a light six-day sentence, saying his client might have had a "religious motivation."

Strawn is facing two felony injury to a child charges and one felony charge of accessory to rape. Court records show he allegedly “harbored and protected” Seaton by allowing him to live with his teenage daughter.

Court documents say the girl had a miscarriage in October. She is still legally married to Seaton, but papers have been filed in 7th District Court to annul the marriage.

Strawn and Seaton were both charged in September. Strawn was released from jail on his own recognizance on Sept. 30. Seaton was released from jail on $50,000 bond on Oct. 5.

OMG, what a nightmare.  Can't help but wonder why she miscarried, and imagine the horror of parenting if she hadn't.  Hope the young girl doesn't end up near either of those guys.

Gee ya think maybe a book of rules written thousands of years ago by a nomadic tribe might not be applicable to modern life? 

I want to make every guy out there who thinks the Bible is the Word of God and must be adhered to in every part (except the parts they don't want to pay attention to) live like stone age nomadic tribesmen:  no mixed fibers, no pork, no electricity, no indoor plumbing, , no bug spray, no convenience foods, no cars, no guns, etc, etc. It's funny how the Patriarchy only like the parts that are enjoyable for them.

4 hours ago, habert said:

QFT.  The age of consent varies from state to state, but in Idaho it's 16.  Meaning, if you are under 16, legally speaking you CANNOT consent to sex.  Period.  It's a strict liability crime--there is no defense for someone who has sex with someone under 16.

I know marriage laws vary state to state but I'm pretty sure no state allows 14 year olds without at least a judge sign off pre marriage. So how is she legally married?

6 minutes ago, imokit said:

I know marriage laws vary state to state but I'm pretty sure no state allows 14 year olds without at least a judge sign off pre marriage. So how is she legally married?

According to the interwebs (which are never wrong, of course), in Missouri the age of consent is seventeen. With parental consent, parties can marry at age fifteen and younger parties may receive a license by reason of special circumstances. - See more at: http://family.findlaw.com/marriage/state-by-state-marriage-age-of-consent-laws.html#sthash.nPrgRNlV.dpuf

My guess is that the dad found a like-minded County clerk in Missouri who would issue a license "by reason of special circumstances."

This shit would not happen my family. Some redneck justice would be dispensed.

Strawn’s attorney argued that he receive a six-day jail sentence — less time than Creationists believe it took God to create all of existence — and probation because his client’s decision to marry off his daughter to her rapist “might have been a religious motivation.”

Oh, so religious motivation matters in the commission of a crime? 

Good to know. 

If y'all need anything, I'll be highlighting portions of the Bible decrying usury and advocating giving money to the poor so that I can rob a bank next week. 

5 hours ago, NeverAFundie said:

My guess is that the dad found a like-minded County clerk in Missouri who would issue a license "by reason of special circumstances."

An image of Kim Davis rose unbidden to my mind as I tried to imagine such a clerk.

These men are disgusting. Will social services step in to provide her with counseling? 

6 hours ago, NeverAFundie said:

won't marry gays will mary 14 year olds to 24 year olds. what a world. 

So he gets a light sentence because of "religious motivation"Barf. 

Also wanted that he would not have gotten a lenient sentence if he was Muslim or Jewish?

I hope his daughter is getting tons of therapy from all this from a legit therapist.

4 hours ago, lilah said:

So he gets a light sentence because of "religious motivation"Barf. 

Also wanted that he would not have gotten a lenient sentence if he was Muslim or Jewish?

I hope his daughter is getting tons of therapy from all this from a legit therapist.

I think for her to get her life back on track, she needs much more than therapy. Things like justice for the commited crime, safety from her abuser, a long distance between her and her dad and possibly her mum, a loving community, financial compensation, a good school, medical care and std screening. I hope she gets all that and more.

The dad needs some serious Bible study to correct his faulty theology, some serious jail time to think about his sins, and life long oversight from child protection while raising any remaining kids.

It seems the offender already got what he deserved.

Reminds me of a case some years back of a youth leader (twenty something), who got three 12 year olds in his youth group pregnant. Fortunately their fathers did read their Bibles more carefully, and they did not demand the guy marry them all.

Don't know what happened to him. This was Europe, so he could have gotten 6 months behind bars (3 with good behavior).  

Still, if they had gone all Biblical on him, the guy would have been stoned. Sometimes 3300 year old tribal laws are more just than modern humanitarianism.

1 hour ago, foreign fundie said:

This was Europe, so he could have gotten 6 months behind bars (3 with good behavior). 

Europe is pretty big and varied. I can speak only for my country and I can assure you that raping a child, never mind three, is in no way shape or form considered a "light" crime deserving only some months behind bars. We have forsaken the death penalty but life sentences or decades lasting sentences are still handed out for major crimes.

A bit more on this story:  http://mashable.com/2016/05/25/father-took-daughter-to-marry-rapist/#G3ksBLyuHZqs

The convicted rapist reportedly began taking advantage of the teenager while she was drunk. But during his time in court, Seaton offered a number of excuses for why he raped Strawn's daughter. 

“The responses you gave — that you did not know what you did was wrong, it was [an[ accident, no one was hurt, you didn’t plan it, you made a mistake, didn’t know how it happened and that the victim was overly affectionate — is hardly a glowing report," Judge Gregory Moeller said during the court proceedings. "It suggests you are completely unaccountable for your actions."

Moeller also seemed disgusted by Seaton painting himself as the girl's savior.

“Attempting to now present yourself as some kind of hero for trying to protect a pregnant teenager by marrying her yourself — I completely reject that as an explanation,” Moeller said. “This didn’t happen once; it happened multiple times, and you clearly groomed the victim.”

15 hours ago, NeverAFundie said:

I agree.  That also needs to be looked into seriously.  How many children are married off in MO?  I wonder why the media are ignoring this aspect.  

3 hours ago, foreign fundie said:

Still, if they had gone all Biblical on him, the guy would have been stoned. Sometimes 3300 year old tribal laws are more just than modern humanitarianism.

I beg your pardon?  Are you advocating a return to stoning for adultery, rebellious children, blasphemers, stick gatherers and those who work on Sunday too?  @laPapessaGiovanna has already dealt with your over-generalization about Europe nicely.  

Yes, and speaking for my country, here a life-sentence is truly that: you're jailed for the rest of your life, no chance of parol, no get out of jail free card for good behavior. It's jail till death do you part.

In this case, stoning sounds good though... not (quite) to the death, mind you. And after that our life-sentence in jail.

1 hour ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

Europe is pretty big and varied. I can speak only for my country and I can assure you that raping a child, never mind three, is in no way shape or form considered a "light" crime deserving only some months behind bars. We have forsaken the death penalty but life sentences or decades lasting sentences are still handed out for major crimes.

Obviously I am not familiar with all European countries' judicial systems. However in Western Europe, rape could get you 2 (Sweden)-8 (UK average) years. Longer sentences are possible when there were all kind of terrible extras like gang rape or severe injuries. However, many walk free before there time is up. Usually serving only 2/3 years. In Scandinavia, Belgium and the Netherland this means rape convicts are often back on the streets within 2 years. Also a few weeks community service instead of jail time is quite common. A gangrape of a 12 yo on an elementary  school play ground in 2013 in Norway led to commynity service and a fine. That is if they are convicted. 90% of reported rape cases do not end in a conviction (statistics vary a bit but it is around that number). Though sentences of ten or twelve years are possible, they are reserved for the worst cases and rare.

As far as I know, the three girls in the story above thought they were in a relationship with the guy (secret romance) so if they went to the police, I doubt he would have had to go to prison for more than a year if at all.

After doing some more research I decided to keep an even closer eye on my daughter. Are women safe anywhere?

Archived