IGNORED

Question about Morton Sanders families

onlyorganic

I've been following these two families' blogs for awhile and I can't figure out all the kids' names! Does anyone know what they are? I get them all confused, especially when they post family-gathering posts. Can anyone clarify who's who with the families? Thanks!

They can be very confusing indeed! I don't know much about the Sanders but I did once spend some time combing through back entries on the Morton blogs to figure out who all their kids and grandkids were when I had too much spare time on my hands.

The Morton kids, from oldest to youngest are:

Katie, married to Alan Smith. Their children are Bret, Ronald, Esther, and Wallace

Michael, married to Kressant Smith. Their children are Michael, Carlos, Jonathan, and Isabella

Cleveland

Wesley, married to Rachel Smith. Their children are Joseph and William

Darthy, married to Noah Sanders. Their son is Enoch.

Adeline

Martha

Andrew

Sam

John

Edwin

Paul

If I made any mistakes, someone feel free to correct me!

I know the oldest three sanders are Noah, Abbi, and Rebekah. I think there is a boy whose name I don't know, then Grace, followed by 3ish little boys.

I can give you some help, though to be honest, I get lost when it comes to the little boys in both families. Let's see:

Mortons:

Katie, Michael, Wesley, Cleveland, Dorothy, Adeline, Martha, Andrew, Samuel? , Thomas? , Paul? , John? , no, wait, John might be a nephew... Edwin?

Sanders:

LL, Noah, Abbi, Rebekah, Grace, Emmanuel, Ethan, Nehemiah, ... and one more... something like, Gabriel?

Mortons: 12 Kids

Katie

Michael

Cleveland

Wesley

Dorothy

Adeline

Martha

Andrew

Samuel

John

Edwin

Paul

Sanders: 8 Kids

Noah

Abbi

Rebekah

Grace

Ethan

Emanuel

Nehemiah

Gabriel

It makes me really sad that I know this! I have to get a life :(

I went back through the blog, and it has Nehemiah as celebrating his first birthday in '06, he'd have to be the baby. Gabriel (Gibbie) is one of the preschoolish aged children.

Err, yeah, I didn't put the little boys in order, but yes, Nehemiah is the youngest. However, once I came up with Gabriel's name I remembered that in the last year or so they had a "Gabriel turns 8" post, so a little older than preschool. :)

The Sanders aren't too hard to keep track of, except that they rarely seem to mention the little boys by name (or they use nicknames). The Mortons are more difficult - those little boys hardly ever get mentioned by name.

Err, yeah, I didn't put the little boys in order, but yes, Nehemiah is the youngest. However, once I came up with Gabriel's name I remembered that in the last year or so they had a "Gabriel turns 8" post, so a little older than preschool. :)

The Sanders aren't too hard to keep track of, except that they rarely seem to mention the little boys by name (or they use nicknames). The Mortons are more difficult - those little boys hardly ever get mentioned by name.

Ahh, I've been rereading old ones and got stuck in the past! He was preschool age in 05-06.

They can be very confusing indeed! I don't know much about the Sanders but I did once spend some time combing through back entries on the Morton blogs to figure out who all their kids and grandkids were when I had too much spare time on my hands.

The Morton kids, from oldest to youngest are:

Katie, married to Alan Smith. Their children are Bret, Ronald, Esther, and Wallace

Michael, married to Kressant Smith. Their children are Michael, Carlos, Jonathan, and Isabella

Cleveland

Wesley, married to Rachel Smith. Their children are Joseph and William

Are all those Smiths related?

Mortons: 12 Kids

Katie

Michael

Cleveland

Wesley

Dorothy

Adeline

Martha

Andrew

Samuel

John

Edwin

Paul

Sanders: 8 Kids

Noah

Abbi

Rebekah

Grace

Ethan

Emanuel

Nehemiah

Gabriel

It makes me really sad that I know this! I have to get a life :(

Ah thanks! Yeah, it seems like a lot of them have goofy nicknames or they put captions like "The Dude", "Lil' Bro" and "Uncle Silly" under them (I made those up, but the real ones aren't far off...). I also thought it was funny that in the Sanders' latest post they mention that N&D's baby is Enoch, pronounced "E-nick". I've never heard it said that way, always like "E-knock". I thought that was interesting.

Okay, so who is LL (and what does that stand for)? I've seen her in pics, but can't place her. I'm guessing a Sanders, but how?

Lora Lynn. She's the oldest Sanders daughter from a previous marriage, so she's a half-sister to the rest of the crew. I think she's at about 10 years older than Noah.

they're siblings. Three of them all married into the same family

I run across this situation fairly often when I'm working on genealogy in 1600 and 1700 New England. It gets so confusing sometimes.

Nell

Lora Lynn. She's the oldest Sanders daughter from a previous marriage, so she's a half-sister to the rest of the crew. I think she's at about 10 years older than Noah.

Yes, I'm thinking LL is about 31 and Noah is about 22... I remember the Sanders posted the CUTEST pictures of the kids when they were little back in the early 90s. The dad looks way young, so I'm thinking when LL was born he was probably an older teenager?

refinersfireforge.com/blog/?p=382

Did you see the photo of Grandma taking Noah for a walk when he was about 2? He's on a leash! They're going for a walk, there's no other people around! I can see those harnesses/leash in a crowd but just going for a walk, no way!

Nell

Lora Lynn. She's the oldest Sanders daughter from a previous marriage, so she's a half-sister to the rest of the crew.

Does she have the same mother as the others? I ask because the daughter posting all the old photos writes: "Well, I guess it has come to the pictures of me. After all, I’m next after Noah. Being Momma’s first girl, she got to do all the pink and ruffles with me. "

Nell

Really? I wouldn't pronounce Enoch that way, but to me eunuch sounds like you-nick.

I would pronounce eunuch the same way as you, I just think that saying "e-nick" weirdly resembles eunuch! Especially for such a Biblical old-fashioned family haha.

Does she have the same mother as the others? I ask because the daughter posting all the old photos writes: "Well, I guess it has come to the pictures of me. After all, I’m next after Noah. Being Momma’s first girl, she got to do all the pink and ruffles with me. "

Nell

Correct, LL shares the same father as the rest. I think she lived with him growing up most of the time, though I'm not certain... she has made several statements to the effect of "There were no half or step relationships" in her family, that everyone was made to feel they belonged.

I assume by the time the father remarried, LL was past the "pink and ruffles" stage. Also note that back then they didn't do the prairie dresses (and seem to have bypassed that stage altogether).

Did you see the photo of Grandma taking Noah for a walk when he was about 2? He's on a leash! They're going for a walk, there's no other people around! I can see those harnesses/leash in a crowd but just going for a walk, no way!

Nell

OMG I just noticed the leash. It looks like they are in the yard... why the hell would he need a leash???

OMG I just noticed the leash. It looks like they are in the yard... why the hell would he need a leash???

I guess control is very important to them. There's another photo of him in the yard with a leash too. Like I said, at Disney World or some such crowded place I could see a leash, though I never used them and always found them kind of creepy. Leashes just remind me too much of dogs. I like to see dogs running free too but in the city you definitely need to have your dog on a leash. Lots of cities now have leash free dog parks. If dogs need to run free how much more do kids need to run free.

Nell

Archived