IGNORED

The Morton Fashion Show

ladypuglover

is found on Life at Rora

refinersfireforge.co/blog/?p=4529#comments

Looks like they had a good time but I wonder what they did to make straight hair curly if not by curling it somehow.

I had no idea people still did the whole "colours" thing. I thought it was a 70s/80s fad. Most people end up being a mix of two "seasons". You could probably get the hair to curl like that by scrunching it, provided your hair isn't too thick or too fine. My hair will do it, but I have to let it dry naturally, if I use heat it will loose the soft curl.

At first I saw this and thought "Aw how cute". Then I thought, "Wait, I bet this is all geared towards finding a husband." *sigh*

A lot of people are still pushing the colors thing. There are several online stylists who make money by selling people profiles based on their colors/seasons and body type and then having them sign up for fashion advice or suggestions based on those profiles.

For the curls, you can do a lot of stuff with your hair wet and it will dry with a wave or curls, even more so if you add some sort of gel or setting lotion instead of just plain water. A really tight bun (or multiple sections twirled into mini buns) will make curls, and a braid or multiple braids waves or that lovely Gothard-approved Duggar style. You also go all old-school and do pin curls or rag curls for tighter ringlets. I don't like to use heat on my hair, and I've found any of those will give my curls that stay better than those done with a curling iron or hot roller.

From what I can tell based on the post, it was about properly taking care of curly hair, and how to bring out what curl you have (which makes sense, lots of people have curlier hair than they realize). I do wonder exactly what they did to bring out the curl, though, cause some of those girls have pretty long hair. My hair is curly, but extremely thick, and back when it was that long it just barely had a wave, from the weight of all that hair.

:icon-eek: The guy in the AE shirt and the whiskered jeans is totally defrauding me.

It's like an ARROW!!! Pointing right to his CROTCH!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!

I'm glad to see they use the Curly Girl method, I was wondering since so many of them have curly hair. I use the same method for my hair (no sulfates, no -cones) and I usually just let it dry straight. I have type 2a hair, so I can go either way. It's so much healthier than before. Very shiny, even at the tips where hair is usually dry.

I thought it was interesting/odd that none of their own men went on the camping trip.

Whoa, I'm confused!

I thought the happy extremi-mom with fuzzy red hair* was Tiffany McDonald's MIL

JeanfixingThomastie.jpg

tj201106151135-2.jpg

But I guess they are two different ladies - or are they? Has anybody ever seen them together at the same time? Hmmm?

*I'm trying to be funny to hide my envious tears - I'd love to have curly red hair naturally!

They do look really similar! But I'm pretty sure they're different people. The woman in the top pic has thicker hair than Mrs. Sanders.

Who knew there were two fundie moms with wild red curls?

I would love to have a mess of wild red curls but with PCOS I would love to have any hair just to have a full head of hair.

Is dear Kressant pregnant again??

Doubt it but remember that some of us don't bounce back after our 4th kiddlet like we did with our first. Give her time... either she will lose the extra weight after nursing or be pregnant again.

Am I the only one that just looked up online quizzes to rediscover my color season? What a waste of time. LOL.

Doubt it but remember that some of us don't bounce back after our 4th kiddlet like we did with our first. Give her time... either she will lose the extra weight after nursing or be pregnant again.

I didn;t know she had #4. Was it a girl or a boy? So, yeah, four kids in what, not even five years???

I didn;t know she had #4. Was it a girl or a boy? So, yeah, four kids in what, not even five years???

A girl, and her oldest was born in June 2007, so four in less than four years.

Archived