IGNORED

19-yo dead in church at parents' hands

MamaJunebug

Disgusting.

I saw the article this am too. I googled the church but couldn't find a website on the church to see what they believe. The neighbor interview was interesting in the fact that she said they seemed to breed dogs at the church.

I'm betting either it was an exorcism or something like this.....

Remember, Gary North (Ron Paul's buddy and advisor) and a variety of Tea Party politicians think stoning is a good idea, as do more than a few people I follow on facebook (re constructionists and covenators)

Deuteronomy 21:18-21King James Version (KJV)

18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:

19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;

20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.

21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

This is heartbreaking! How could parents do this to their children? :o This is beyond horrible!

If it was a failed exorcism, the parents have to look closely and see who has the devil in them.

not just the parents but several others I almost thought it was the pearl asshat with that beard. What happened to though shall not kill but in the church???

not just the parents but several others I almost thought it was the pearl asshat with that beard. What happened to though shall not kill but in the church???

Right I forgot about the others! I would have thought that one of them would say, "Hold up! We're killing them." But no...poor kid.

My first thought was boys found masturbating.. it seems the blows centered on the genitals, abdomen, and back. How horrible.

This is heartbreaking! How could parents do this to their children? :o This is beyond horrible!

If it was a failed exorcism, the parents have to look closely and see who has the devil in them.

The parents and the other grown ass adults who were involved in beating one teen to death and putting his 17 year old brother in the hospital.

I hope this "church" gets a LOT of attention from the local authorities in the coming months.

For murder, the bail amounts seem pathetically low to me. I hope none of them can even make the bond on the $50,000 or $100,000 bail and sit in jail until brought to trial. I hope all children of that congregation were removed from their parents' care.

I think there should be more oversight for homeschooled children somehow, although I'm not sure what form that should take. But it seems to me that too many abusers are using homeschooling as a way to isolate their children and keep the abuse hidden from the world.

For murder, the bail amounts seem pathetically low to me. I hope none of them can even make the bond on the $50,000 or $100,000 bail and sit in jail until brought to trial. I hope all children of that congregation were removed from their parents' care.

I think there should be more oversight for homeschooled children somehow, although I'm not sure what form that should take. But it seems to me that too many abusers are using homeschooling as a way to isolate their children and keep the abuse hidden from the world.

I can see the church helping with the bail. We have seen such before.

Why are these people only charged with manslaughter? And they say they are not guilty? They beat a loved one to death in the name of Jesus. I want to say they deserve the same, but I can't. No one deserves to be treated like that. I hope his brother will be okay. I'm sure he will have life long scars.

Why are these people only charged with manslaughter? And they say they are not guilty? They beat a loved one to death in the name of Jesus. I want to say they deserve the same, but I can't. No one deserves to be treated like that. I hope his brother will be okay. I'm sure he will have life long scars.

all defendants are told to say not guilty at first. even if they want to confess.

I'm not entirely sure if they can be classified as "loved ones." I don't see any way to justify beating someone you birthed until they die. Not very loving, at all

When will these people learn?! They want to talk about the violence and immorality of non-Christians...people in glass houses...

Their sister was also involved with the beating and has been charged with assault. The sister is 33, so very past the age anyone could say she acted from fear of her parents reprisal if she didn't go along with this. So sick.

the church was in a large old elementary school building. One article said there were about 35 church members.

The church, which began in 1984, has about five families, or about 35 members, including children, according to the former member. She described the congregation as a "makeshift family" that had been together for 25 years.

from the article http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/14/us/new-yo ... ault-case/

Did they all live in the building?

The manslaughter charge is very interesting to me.

In NY, manslaughter is

A person is guilty of manslaughter in the first degree when: 1. With intent to cause serious physical injury to another person, he causes the death of such person or of a third person; or 2. With intent to cause the death of another person, he causes the death of such person or of a third person under circumstances which do not constitute murder because he acts under the influence of extreme emotional disturbance, as defined in paragraph (a) of subdivision one of section 125.25. The fact that homicide was committed under the influence of extreme emotional disturbance constitutes a mitigating circumstance reducing murder to manslaughter in the first degree and need not be proved in any prosecution initiated under this subdivision; or 3. He commits upon a female pregnant for more than twenty-four weeks an abortional act which causes her death, unless such abortional act is justifiable pursuant to subdivision three of section 125.05; or 4. Being eighteen years old or more and with intent to cause physical injury to a person less than eleven years old, the defendant recklessly engages in conduct which creates a grave risk of serious physical injury to such person and thereby causes the death of such person. Manslaughter in the first degree is a class B felony.

So, essentially, its murder without malice, making it manslaughter. They intended to beat the ever loving crap out of him, just not kill him. I'm not sure how you make the legal distinction that you WITHOUT malice intended to beat someone to the brink of death, its not necessarily a loving action. Barring consent... this is very strange.

Their sister was also involved with the beating and has been charged with assault. The sister is 33, so very past the age anyone could say she acted from fear of her parents reprisal if she didn't go along with this. So sick.

That just makes it that much more disgusting! What is the matter with this family?

Archived