IGNORED

The Famteam Softball Classic--is it a goner?

salex

Didn't the Ardnts usually talk about prepping for the Softball Classic about midsummer each year? This year, nothing. 4 (I think) of the manboys are off on a wilderness adventure, Dad's corner (or whatever it is called) talks about softball games in general, and his near daily drives with one kid or another, and the constant editing of vine valley....and it looks like this summer the family has season passes to Six Flags in St. Louis. And their wedding photo / video (They prefer cinema) site actually looks decent.

The softball classic, on the other hand, looks abandoned and neglected.

famteam.com/softballclassic/ says

The next FamTeam Day/Softball Classic will be held on Sunday afternoon, October 5. The event will unfold on “FamTeam Field,†the softball diamond that sits behind the the Arndt family house in southwestern Illinois.

Except October 5th is a Monday this year.

Do we think it died from lack of interest?

Didn't the Ardnts usually talk about prepping for the Softball Classic about midsummer each year? This year, nothing. 4 (I think) of the manboys are off on a wilderness adventure, Dad's corner (or whatever it is called) talks about softball games in general, and his near daily drives with one kid or another, and the constant editing of vine valley....and it looks like this summer the family has season passes to Six Flags in St. Louis. And their wedding photo / video (They prefer cinema) site actually looks decent.

The softball classic, on the other hand, looks abandoned and neglected.

famteam.com/softballclassic/ says

Except October 5th is a Monday this year.

Do we think it died from lack of interest?

Good question. IIRC, others who follow the Arndts have reported steadily declining interest in the Softball Classic over the last several years, so I suppose it is a possibility.

On the other hand, they have enough penguins to form an opposing team, right? :wink-kitty:

Here is a video from the 2013 Softball Classic. There were hardly any people.

[bBvideo 560,340:3igpwfmu]

[/bBvideo]

As a bonus, if you make it till the end you get to see parts of Vine Valley. :dance: :lol:

Last year they did it at their house, but despite posting tons of pictures leading up to the event, they did not post a single picture of the actual softball classic. In a Dad's corner, Daddy Arndt admitted that due to the rain pretty much no one came so they were going to have another one in October. I don't think the October one was mentioned again.

Please don't kick me out of FJ for saying this... but after looking at their photo/video site, I am pretty impressed. I like their photos and the site looks like a professional business site. Such an unusual phenomenon in fundyland. Those "boys" do have some talent. (Christopher Maxwell, take note - this is what a real photographer's work looks like.)

The rest of the site seems to be basically abandoned. I suspect they are focusing their time where the $$$ is - the photo business. Smart move. On the family site, it looks like the only one posting are the Dad and generic family posts with bible versus. I sort of miss the days of the "boys" would cleverly banter with each other via the site and post pictures of their penguin shenanigans and tower building escapades. :wink-penguin: :penguin-no:

Please don't kick me out of FJ for saying this... but after looking at their photo/video site, I am pretty impressed. I like their photos and the site looks like a professional business site. Such an unusual phenomenon in fundyland. Those "boys" do have some talent. (Christopher Maxwell, take note - this is what a real photographer's work looks like.)

Actually, I agree with you on the photography. I also think that Christopher Maxwell's work would benefit from an internship with the Arndts. Sadly it won't happen - he'd probably find all those white shorts and frosted lipstick too defrauding!

They do have some real talent.

What I want to know is if they still run about playing with penguins and they that realized that it isn't wise to share that with the rest of the world. Or have they stopped acting that way?

Does anyone know how long they have been filming Vine Valley?

Their weird family discussion blog-like posting platform has been so quiet with all their man boys away at summer camp. When will we get an update on the ducks with no one around to post? I guess Mary-Elizabeth didn't get an account when she turned 18 earlier this year like all the menfolk did.

They do have some real talent.

What I want to know is if they still run about playing with penguins and they that realized that it isn't wise to share that with the rest of the world. Or have they stopped acting that way?

Does anyone know how long they have been filming Vine Valley?

For Eternity.

For Eternity.

Long enough that they have had to go back and re-film scenes to make up for the parents looking significantly older.

I think Daddy said something about a couple of smaller Classics late in the season. October maybe?

Sounds like it's been scaled way back from the days when Cardinals players would show up. Last year was nearly a total rain out and I think the turnout was very poor.

The FamTeam has scaled back their entire presence on the open internet. No back and forth ManBoy banter, no bedroom birthday photos, (very few photos of anyone, actually), no mention of Legos, tinker toys or stuffed penguins.

I don't know what's up, only that something is. Maybe Daddy thinks this is a way of building anticipation for Vine Valley, their allegedly upcoming blockbuster that has been many years in the making. Or maybe they are just weary of being laughed at for being so darn weird.

Or maybe they are just weary of being laughed at for being so darn weird.

This was my first thought. Maybe they are getting a clue that Princess Charming is not going to show up on their doorstep if they didn't scale back the open weirdness.

4 (I think) of the manboys are off on a wilderness adventure,

I hope they're actually on a cross-country tour of strip clubs. Or just somewhere meeting normal women.

I've been thinking that the Arndt silence is weird. Anyone else wondering if maybe one or more of the "boys" escaped and decided to move out? Not only would the rest of the fam be in depression, I could see the parents silencing everyone for fear that their "fans" (hahaha) would figure out what is up if Boy X wasn't seen in the pictures of penguin play or posting clever little blurbs on the blog.

Dad's Diary mentions they are planning to have the Softball Classic in September. (6 - 7 weeks out, and nothing on the website? Maybe the Maxwells ought to come over and help them plan. (at one point he said mid August, later Mid September... they need to update the website if they expect anyone other than their relatives.)

This caught my eye.

I am not sure I can quote it, as it is from Dad's Diary and one has to log in to read it (but I don't think there is limitations.

However, ... he was recognizing the 40th anniversary of a "very special"time in his life. When he was 18, he tossed a dry washcloth into the family bathtub. This was meant to represent "surrender" and "yielding to God" about the question of who God would send him as a spouse. One month later, he and Cathy realized God was calling them together.

I'd say he needs to buy the boys a pack of washcloths

I've been thinking that the Arndt silence is weird. Anyone else wondering if maybe one or more of the "boys" escaped and decided to move out? Not only would the rest of the fam be in depression, I could see the parents silencing everyone for fear that their "fans" (hahaha) would figure out what is up if Boy X wasn't seen in the pictures of penguin play or posting clever little blurbs on the blog.

Oh I hope one of them moved out!

Dad's Diary mentions they are planning to have the Softball Classic in September. (6 - 7 weeks out, and nothing on the website? Maybe the Maxwells ought to come over and help them plan. (at one point he said mid August, later Mid September... they need to update the website if they expect anyone other than their relatives.)

This caught my eye.

I am not sure I can quote it, as it is from Dad's Diary and one has to log in to read it (but I don't think there is limitations.

However, ... he was recognizing the 40th anniversary of a "very special"time in his life. When he was 18, he tossed a dry washcloth into the family bathtub. This was meant to represent "surrender" and "yielding to God" about the question of who God would send him as a spouse. One month later, he and Cathy realized God was calling them together.

Why not just say the bathtub? "family bathtub" sounds strange to me, like the whole family bathes together, lol! He has the strangest way of talking!

I'd REALLY like to know how these guys were raised - what was done to them that they have so many adult children at home?!? I can understand not all of the boys of marriageable age being married, but DAMN! ALL of them still at home! :pink-shock:

As to those odd birthday photos in the parents' bedroom: are we seeing the annual re-setting of the internal homing beacons that Mommy Arndt somehow had secretly installed inside the torsos of each of the man-boys? Is that why she's always seen with hand on belly? Is the master bedroom the location of the main computer? So many questions .... :think:

The thought crossed my mind. But I just did a quick check of Daddy's diary and he's mentioned all of the adult sons in the last few weeks as per his usual. ("Jude and I went out for a fountain drink in the late forenoon.") Everyone is present and accounted for.

I can't figure it out. I can see the ManBoys tiring of the on-line banter, but Rick mentioned that Peter just had his 15th birthday and I don't think he's posted a picture of Peter in at least a year, maybe longer. He's stopped mentioning where they go to celebrate, no birthday boy photos, no photos even of group trips they've gone on. (recently Mexico and Canada).

I guess Jesus has told Rick he needs to focus all of his attention on Vine Valley. As He does.

snip This caught my eye. I am not sure I can quote it, as it is from Dad's Diary and one has to log in to read it (but I don't think there is limitations.

This seems like a weird, fundie thing to do, but I was under the (mistaken?) impression that he and Cathy were originally Catholic then went over the deep end and became "real" Christians some time after they got married. Am I way off base or thinking of someone else?

This seems like a weird, fundie thing to do, but I was under the (mistaken?) impression that he and Cathy were originally Catholic then went over the deep end and became "real" Christians some time after they got married. Am I way off base or thinking of someone else?

Cathy's family is still very Catholic. I'm pretty sure Rick was a Catholic as well. It's unclear when they morphed, but the older boys went to Catholic school for a year when Luke was in middle school,which would have been about 16 - 17 years ago.

Some of the of the Arndt boys are on Facebook (Paul, Jude, James and Luke), and there is also a "Arndt Photo and Cinema" Facebook page where they show off some of their photography/video skills. As well as a FamTeam page.

From looking at the "boys" pages, they seem to have quite a few friends, But get their knickers in a twist over anti-abortion propaganda stuff.

I believe that when Dad and Mom Arndt were relatively young, they became involved in some charismatic Catholic movement so are fundie off brand Catholics

I believe that when Dad and Mom Arndt were relatively young, they became involved in some charismatic Catholic movement so are fundie off brand Catholics

Cathy doesn't say too many specific things about religion, but Rick really doesn't sound like any sort of Catholic to me. It does seem as though they were involved with some charismatic Catholic group at some point, but then morphed into something all their own. Rick's fetus obsession borders on insanity though.

Cathy's family was/is Roman Catholic. Her father was a deacon in his church and I seem to recall he was the one who funded the boys' Catholic schooling back in the day. I wonder what her parents thought of their son-in-law and his attitude towards the Church. When they were dying (they died within months of each other), Rick actually seemed resentful of the time Cathy spend helping them out.

Cathy's family is still very Catholic. I'm pretty sure Rick was a Catholic as well. It's unclear when they morphed, but the older boys went to Catholic school for a year when Luke was in middle school,which would have been about 16 - 17 years ago.

Yeah Rick was/is? Catholic. He went to catholic school

Archived