IGNORED

Kirk Cameron on marriages and marriages

thoughtful

I know it's been a month, but I didn't see any threads mentioning Kirk's reaction to marriage equality, so I went looking all around the Internet, and found . . . very little! :shock:

He posted an invitation to FRC's Call 2 Fall (they remembered not to include Fellating Guy on the logo this year, unlike 2013):

https://www.facebook.com/kirkcameron/ph ... =1&theater

If you don't know about the logo, look here for some laughsL

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=16325&start=580#p578151

Other than that (unless my google-fu is broken), he seems to have been mum on the subject. Both his Twitter and Facebook are all links to articles by other people, on various other subjects. I wonder if he's gotten some common sense about his own ability to survive financially (I rather doubt he's stopped being a bigot).

However, if you are in a dude & lady marriage, he has lots of opinions on how you should behave. The only thing he seems to be doing now is marriage conferences:

https://www.facebook.com/loveworthfightingfor

I had forgotten about the epic logo fail. :lol:

His silence on marriage equality is really odd. Maybe he is still emotionally recovering from the disaster that was Saving Christmas.

Thank you for posting this - I needed a laugh this morning! I have never seen that logo before, and the slogan? That cannot be accidental -there has to be some snarky person just pretending to drink the kool-aid and sabotaging from the inside. Right?

And I'm cringing a little after reading what he says to his wife about "If you ever leave I'm going with you." My husband and I have said that to each other about a million times as a little affectionate throw away. I hope this doesn't mean we're morphing into the Camerons. If I start losing my ability to speak to men on on one I hope someone in my life stages an intervention before I'm blowing out candles on my birthday cakes alone.

Edited to add that I just scrolled down the FB page and Kirk advocates for Krispy Kreme and chocolate milk. I am an avid supporter of that cause as well. The similarities better end here!

I just showed the logo to Mr. CatLady and asked what he thought. He said, "it looks like a dude giving a blowjob." Then he read the On Our Knees for America and nearly ruptured his spleen from laughing so hard.

And I'm cringing a little after reading what he says to his wife about "If you ever leave I'm going with you." My husband and I have said that to each other about a million times as a little affectionate throw away. I hope this doesn't mean we're morphing into the Camerons. If I start losing my ability to speak to men on on one I hope someone in my life stages an intervention before I'm blowing out candles on my birthday cakes alone.

Edited to add that I just scrolled down the FB page and Kirk advocates for Krispy Kreme and chocolate milk. I am an avid supporter of that cause as well. The similarities better end here!

I've never met you (or Kirk, for that matter) IRL, and you don't have that many posts here yet. But I think I can assure you, HerNameIsBuffy, that you are not anything like Kirk Cameron.

And, for that, you should be celebrating.

I just showed the logo to Mr. CatLady and asked what he thought. He said, "it looks like a dude giving a blowjob." Then he read the On Our Knees for America and nearly ruptured his spleen from laughing so hard.

That's what you get for being proudly out of touch with mainstream culture. Thus when you actually try to engage the culture, whether through a horrible movie like "Saving Christmas " or a vaguely obscene logo for a conference meant to "save America, " it fails completely.

He posted an invitation to FRC's Call 2 Fall (they remembered not to include Fellating Guy on the logo this year, unlike 2013):

https://www.facebook.com/kirkcameron/ph ... =1&theater

If you don't know about the logo, look here for some laughs

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=16325&start=580#p578151

Wow! How did I miss this thread back when it actually happened???? Thoughtful, thanks for sharing this! This is epic! Just what I needed to recover from reading the current XGay Greg thread.

As far as Kirk Cameron's silence on the issue is concerned, perhaps he's off gathering steam for another campaign that will result in an equally hilarious/disastrous logo for us to snark on here. :pray:

I haven't seen any public statements, but I've seen comments attributed to him floating around private groups. Can't verify them 100% though.

So I know that this has been posted here before; however, every time we talk about Kirk Cameron I always think of this video:

Did not break the link as it is just youtube.

I haven't seen any public statements, but I've seen comments attributed to him floating around private groups. Can't verify them 100% though.

Anti-equality, I take it?

So I know that this has been posted here before; however, every time we talk about Kirk Cameron I always think of this video:

Did not break the link as it is just youtube.

Love that video! (And Brice Beckham did an excellent job growing up - very handsome. And Mr. Belvedere was WAY better than Growing Pains, Christopher Hewitt could snark!)

His sister was more than happy to talk about discrimination against same-sex couples on The View recently.

And thanks to Candace, I can't watch Fuller House - because I know the crazy that lurks beneath and it would just ruin everything about the original show for me. :cry:

Well, "traditional marriage" is what he would call it.

Traditional, huh? How much of a dowry did his wife bring to the table? how long did he and his father-in-law haggle over the settlement?

Well, "traditional marriage" is what he would call it.

Well, of course!

Archived