IGNORED

Sense8

16strong

Has anyone else watched this show? The single season (so far) is on Netflix. I tend to get a little too excited over original concept sci-fi/fantasy movies and shows, which is why I'm bringing it up here. I really enjoyed the diverse selection of characters, their back stories, and their talents. Riley and Amanita were my favorites. Thoughts?

So happy to talk about Sense8! There's not really anything about the show that I don't love. Not since 6 Feet Under have I felt such an affinity for the characters and it's difficult to choose which character to root for the most. I love them all.

I think what I love most about Sense8 is the sense of joy that the characters experience, with me right along with them. Many times I've watched with my heart in my throat and tears welling up, with just...Joy.

Have you read the critical reviews of the series? Most of which seem to be be overwhelmingly negative. As opposed to the fans response and the huge amount of love from the various forums that are discussing the show.

I spent several hours on Reddit after finishing season 1. It gives me great hope that, first if all, there are so many others who love the show and second, that the Wachowskis will get to do season 2.

Have you read the critical reviews of the series? Most of which seem to be be overwhelmingly negative. As opposed to the fans response and the huge amount of love from the various forums that are discussing the show.

I spent several hours on Reddit after finishing season 1. It gives me great hope that, first if all, there are so many others who love the show and second, that the Wachowskis will get to do season 2.

I don't care about the negative critic reviews (haven't read them). I have heard that the Wachowskis haven't started season 2 because they've been really busy and are trying to catch a bit of a break, though. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that loves this show. My biggest hope is that if it continues, it doesn't derail like so many other sci-fi shows.

I'm with you. You feel such an affinity for all the characters by the end of the season. Riley's story made my heart fall out of my chest and feel like it got stomped on, but her inner strength (though she doesn't know it) makes her one of my favorites.

At first I wasn't sure what to make of Riley. Why so morose? But to see her impossibly heartbreaking story, and the mere fact of her survival, physically and emotionally, shes completely won me over. It was so painful to watch her relive the accident and her unfathomable loss.

I'm looking forward to watching the whole series again before season 2 begins (refuse to believe there's any question of it returning). The show is so richly complicated and the details so important. I feel like I probably missed a great deal in the first viewing.

I watched and mostly enjoyed it, but I'm a San Franciscan and they did my city wrong. Which makes me wonder if suspect that they did all of the other locations wrong, too. I do like the show and hope it gets renewed, but I wish they hadn't treated SF and probably the other cities so stereotypically. I love it when movies and TV use San Francisco locations, but it makes me crazy when they use obvious and lazy tropes. :roll:

I enjoyed the premise of the show. I particularly liked the musical score. I would like to be introduced to another cluster in Season 2. Sun's & Van Dammes' future would be interesting to follow moving forward.

• 1 month later...

I loved it. The characters are great, the story so far is great, and the filming is wonderful. The way they had to fly the cast around everywhere so they could be in scenes together was amazing in terms of continuity and planning.

I read somewhere that the guy who plays Lito, the Mexican actor, had that transatlantic orgy as his first scene to film. Wow, what an icebreaker with your castmates :lol:

Spoiler Alert:

Each sensate has something, some kind of skill or knowledge, they can draw upon to help the other 7 out when needed, except Riley. I know her backstory is heart wrenchingly tragic, but all she seemed to do was waft about being morose (and who could blame her), and never really helping anyone, even indirectly causing Will to look at Whispers. Has she no skill or anything to bring to the table, or did I miss something? I like her, but compared to everyone else, she seems a little superfluous

I had to rush off to iTunes and download "What's Up" by Four Non Blondes after hearing it in one episode.

ETA: Added spoiler tag just in case.

• 1 month later...

I really loved it too--didn't expect to, honestly, as I'm not really into Sci-Fi as a rule (Battlestar Galactica being the exception). It was my husband's turn to choose the series we'd watch next, or else I doubt I would have watched it at all. I couldn't believe the depth and breadth of the characters they chose to write--can you imagine anything like it on network tv? Lito really annoyed me as a character, though, until the last episode of the season--but the actor is awesome! I found him to be so believable.

Archived