IGNORED

Father jumps from bridge with baby son

DGayle

That's my town (moved a few years ago, though). Absolutely heartbreaking. Devastating to the whole community.

This is no small bridge. It's one of the few ways to get over the Connecticut river in this part of the state. It's two busy lanes in each direction and very high up. How scared that baby must have felt falling and how painful it must have been hitting the water.

This is no small bridge. It's one of the few ways to get over the Connecticut river in this part of the state. It's two busy lanes in each direction and very high up. How scared that baby must have felt falling and how painful it must have been hitting the water.

I doubt the baby knew death was coming. A lot of babies like the feeling of swinging. Hopefully he thought it was fun, and that death was instant. :(

I doubt the baby knew death was coming. A lot of babies like the feeling of swinging. Hopefully he thought it was fun, and that death was instant. :(

I'm sure he had no concept of death, but the bridge at its apex is about 10 stories high. Babies know what falling feels like and I'm sure it was scary.

But, I certainly hope he was blissfully unaware. I just don't think he could've been.

No words. Hopefully the poor little baby didn't suffer too much or too long.

I don't understand why so many people take out their innocent children along with themselves.

No words. Hopefully the poor little baby didn't suffer too much or too long.

I don't understand why so many people take out their innocent children along with themselves.

I've never understood it either. Suicide I get. Even killing the spouse whom you narcissistically blame for your problems, I get. But your baby?

Latest report is that he tossed the baby before he jumped. Don't even have words. Oh, and the judge denied a restraining order request by the mom on Jue 29th.

They found a baby's body down river. Haven't confirmed DNA yet, but it's probably little Aaden.

Rest in peace, sweetie.

Rest in peace, Aaden.

My only comfort is that he hopefully died instantly on impact. And the fact that his father will probably end up spending most of or all of the rest of his life in protective custody. In a maximum security prison.

Hopefully.

How horrible. I don't understand how a parent can do that.

R.I.P.

The poor mother- she knew the father was dangerous and still couldn't protect her baby.

The poor mother- she knew the father was dangerous and still couldn't protect her baby.

She did try, but some sick judge denied the restraining order. That poor mother, she tried to protect her baby, but the system failed her.

She did try, but some sick judge denied the restraining order. That poor mother, she tried to protect her baby, but the system failed her.

Reminds me of that terrible story a few years ago of a father throwing his three-year-old son off of a skyscraper. It was at during the father's very first unsupervised visitation in a nasty divorce and happened a few minutes after picking up his son from the police station.

I just don't know what you do if you're a mother in that situation.

Reminds me of that terrible story a few years ago of a father throwing his three-year-old son off of a skyscraper. It was at during the father's very first unsupervised visitation in a nasty divorce and happened a few minutes after picking up his son from the police station.

I just don't know what you do if you're a mother in that situation.

I consider those kinds of murders to be revenge killings. It is usually a man, and it is done to hurt the mother in the absolutely worst way she can ever be hurt. If he dies, he takes the satisfaction of her pain with him to his death. If he lives, nothing that can ever be done to punish him will hurt him as much as he has hurt her. It is the ultimate act of control and hate, more so than even killing her would have been. In his mind, he wins.

The news of the system failing her makes this story all the more tragic. Will this mother ever know peace? It is my hope this judge is voted out of office.

Latest report is that he tossed the baby before he jumped. Don't even have words. Oh, and the judge denied a restraining order request by the mom on Jue 29th.

I hope the judge rots in hell.

Good god, that text transcript is the most horrifying thing I've read in a long time. Why on earth was the restraining order denied???

I doubt that sad excuse of a sperm donor will ever feel remorse for what he's done.

Oh god. I my heart started racing reading those texts. My heart goes out to that woman and her son. I hope that SOB rots in prision and then goes directly to hell.

Archived