IGNORED

Chaviva's husband finally got back to the US

LucySnowe

Nine months after he left the US to go to a funeral in Britain and then couldn't come back to the US because he didn't get the "you can leave while your paperwork is being looked at" permission, he's gotten his visa and was able to come back.

There was some weird delay at the end, since he was approved in May but didn't receive the visa until a few days ago. I'd have said it was a result of the worldwide meltdown of State Dept computers that meant quite a lot of visa processing halted for weeks, but she was on Facebook yelling at sympathetic commenters that this wasn't the case for him because his visa had already been approved before it happened, so who knows.

I think the moral of the story is, don't play fast and loose with immigration laws. Nine months of separation (about half the toddler's life, IIRC) is a harsh way of learning that lesson.

The original thread/backstory/never-settled argument about whether he was legally allowed to apply for his visa in the US in the first place is here, with a really weird digression in the middle, but it gets back on track.

viewtopic.php?f=216&t=23729

Don't forget to mention the kickstarted campaign to have people buy his plane ticket back to the U.S. Raised the cash in one day!

Sheesh I should just use kickstarter to have others pay off my student loans!

Well, that's a good thing for all three of them on a personal level (especially her son).

Well, that's a good thing for all three of them on a personal level (especially her son).

Definitely.

Re the Kickstarter - it seems less "Bring Mr T Home" than "we bought the ticket already, please cover the cost" ($2000 for a last-minute one-way from Tel Aviv to New Jersey to Denver? OUCH), but hey, people support what they feel is important to them. If a friend of mine had been going through this (even though the mess was of their own making) I'd have dropped $36 in the pot. And it's not as if people have been throwing random money at them throughout this - Chaviva set up a gofundme at one point and I don't think it even made a hundred bucks.

Given that there was a lot of informed speculation on the previous thread that the local Orthodox community has been giving her no support, it's nice to see that there is *some* support.

It's nice people care, but I am of the school of making your own bed and sleeping in it. But at least their son will have his dad around, which is the important thing.

Should I be crass and ask how quickly she's going to be joining the Upcoming Babies thread?

Should I be crass and ask how quickly she's going to be joining the Upcoming Babies thread?

Announcement before winter 2015.

Announcement before winter 2015.

My guess is by Thanksgiving 2015.

My brain hurts from that gay marriage post. I guess she supports gay marriage? But doesn't support gay marriage unless a prophet changes her religion? I find a lot of her writing very confusing.

ISTR she mentioned a miscarriage back in April (on Twitter).

As for gay marriage, I read her post as "it's great that there's a legal way for two people to get civil rights and benefits, but religious [Jewish] same sex marriage won't happen until God says so."

Whew. Glad that her reunited family can now give her the freedom to tweet constantly. Who the hell has time to tweet that much about such stupid crap?

I'm having trouble understanding how someone who brags about how good she is at her social media job is unable to correctly tweet at her own apartment complex.

Her Twitter is an exercise in fail. You don't open a bank account or add someone to an insurance policy on Twitter. That's not how any of this works.

And nobody even responds to all her bitching tweets LOL. Social media expert for sure.

• 1 month later...

Didn't want to start a whole nother thread, but holy hell. From Twitter:

Hey! Use my code if you're riding @uber :) CODE: chavivag

No, no I don't think I will, because I don't want the driver asking if that's what I call it. :embarrassed:

Didn't want to start a whole nother thread, but holy hell. From Twitter:

No, no I don't think I will, because I don't want the driver asking if that's what I call it. :embarrassed:

If you'd spent as long as I have having your pubes dyed burberry you'd be wanting every second person to ask so you could show them.

Her Twitter is still incredible. Who has time for that???

And how could your husband possibly be struggling with the slighly cheeky in UK English term fanny pack? Is someone actually using a fanny pack???? :shock:

Her Twitter is still incredible. Who has time for that???

And how could your husband possibly be struggling with the slighly cheeky in UK English term fanny pack? Is someone actually using a fanny pack???? :shock:

I wear one sometimes because I have issues that prevent me from putting weight on my shoulders. But I made sure to buy one that doesn't look like a fanny pack; it's a belt bag, TYVM. ;)

Lumber pack, or "hydration belt" here.

Er lumbar not lumber. Can't edit in this forum on tapa

Archived