IGNORED

Linda Josef?

FJismyheadship

Im currently staying at a Womens Shelter and they have classes that are mandatory (unless you have to go to work hahaha)

They have a woman named Linda Josef who is a Christian Psychologist. This is what I know about her. She thinks science is a eligion. She used to believe in science and not in God. She said the british believe we came from sea mammals (is that true?) While Americans believe we come from monkeys. She decided one day that God was real and became a Christian Psychologist. She has a crazy sister who is in jail and told the whole family Linda killed 54 people and has proof. She has lots of interesting stories about her 60 year old sister. The devil causes mental illness. The best way to forgive someone is to imagine Jesus dying on th3 cross for others transgressions.

While I stay at ths shelter I dont have internet access except for when I leave and go to work or school, and I wondered if anyone knew anything about this woman?

Oh. The class after the one abve was a video sermon from Passion 2010. I saw John Pipers name and walked out thanks to FJ.

We also have to do Celebrate Recovery. My therapist thinks it would be good for me because it helps you deal with your past, but she also said "Take what you can from it, and throw away the rest." Since I currently have nowhere else to go until I save en8uh m8ney or get into housing, im taking that aproach with everything.

Now im off to read the JP threads so I know what to expect next week.

I'm not sure what she's on about, but there was some kind of aquatic ape theory, but I think it's been debunked.

The original aquatic ape theory, developed by Sir Alister Hardy and made public in 1960, posited that a population of early humans, or hominoids, was isolated during tectonic upheaval in a flooded forest environment, similar to that of parts of the Amazon. Our ancestors, it was argued, either adapted to water – and climbing in trees – or died out. Over many generations, mutations that made swimming and diving easier reproduced in the population at the expense of the more traditional, water-averse ape genes.

You can read about it here: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/scien ... 08288.html

I don't know if that helps.

Oh good god. A lot of what you said smacks of Nouthetic counseling. From what I learned in undergraduate (Christian college in Piper's hometown, transferred), it's a pretty extreme form of religious counseling that squarely places depression and mental illness as being a departure from Christ and being saturated in sin.

The passion conferences are just that...passionate. I've never been but they have a pretty big following. I don't mind Piper so much, but haven't really followed his theology or read his books- just heard snippets from him in sermons.

Found this on Josef. She seems a bit kooky.

ajoyfulcreation.com/articles/files/bin/Healed%20of%20Cancer.pdf

Hmmm... I seem to remember the story about the man with the tumors, but it was waaaayyyy different. She told us that he tried everything and nothing worked. Finally, he decided to try forgiving people. So he went through his past and forgave everyone for everything they did to him, and each day he was better and better. And the tumors were shrinking.

She believes in human forgiveness, but she believes the truest forgiveness comes from Christ. And if we would just imagine Jesus dying on the cross for our sins and the person who did us wrongs sins, we can have true forgiveness and healing.

If you are sick, overweight, and can't get better, its because you are unforgiving and you need to watch Jesus die onthe cross for peoples sins.

Ugh, those are the worst. The counselors who believe that should seriously get their licenses stripped.

She's apparently a huge believer in supernatural healing and wrote a book to that effect with Sid Roth. That appears to be pretty much her only claim to fame. No Facebook page populates for her, or anything similar that I could see.

I am British, and I don't believe we came from whales, dolphins, otters, seals, sea lions, walruses, or any other sea mammal you can think of. Never heard of that one before... :lol:

Hope your situation improves soon, FJismyHeadship.

Ugh, those are the worst. The counselors who believe that should seriously get their licenses stripped.

She's apparently a huge believer in supernatural healing and wrote a book to that effect with Sid Roth. That appears to be pretty much her only claim to fame. No Facebook page populates for her, or anything similar that I could see.

Damn, after practicing 30 some odd years, you would think she would have a bigger presence. I believe she is working on a second book.

Archived