IGNORED

Dealing with Duggar Burnout

roddma

I think I have Duggar burnout .I try not to read everything but it's like a train wreck. you can't look away. Im trying to read other threads about other FUndies.

I think a whole lot of people are burning out on the Duggars. I feel burnt out but yet I came back for more, it's like I wanna punish myself for some strange reason and I'm using the Duggars as my source of punishment. It's like I'm at the Court of Public Opinion and the judge has just sentenced me to 24/7 Duggars.

Yes. I'm just starting to let the threads I commented on run themselves out and not moving to the new ones...I found the lies really telling but there are just so many, and now so much inane speculation, that it's hard to come over to this forum without losing it at least a bit. Every once in a while I want to say something before I remember it shows up on my posts page if I do.

It does make for some amusing bored reading though.

Burning out reading it all. Trying to maintain rational thought with all the lies. Oh the lies.

Now I don't know if I should wind my dog or scratch my watch. :cray-cray:

Someone said that the Duggars were like a train accident:it's horrible and unbearable but we can't help watching.

Now, we know we'have to stop watching.

Since the news broke, I have tried numerous times to attack the threads and be totally caught up. But it never works. It all moves too fast. So I can't read everything and thus hestitate to post my thoughts because it may have already been discussed endlessly somewhere that I missed.

(If I didn't have to work or sleep, maybe I could have stayed current with everything.) :)

I appreciate Buzzard's recaps, the links that people have provided, the insight from professionals, and the locked threads at the top - great for referencing. Thank you to the mods for staying on top of all of this.

Thanks go out to all posters who are abuse survivors and former fundies. Your insight and experience are invaluable. Thank you for finding the strength to post about your experiences in order to educate us all.

You think you're burned out? Try having my Facebook feed. I'm shocked and appalled at how many people I know don't know things like the girls and Josh not getting real therapy, and so are supporting the Duggars. I can either ignore it, or spend time trying to dispel their incorrect beliefs. I've managed to get 3 people so far to come around and realize what's happened is very wrong. Since the Duggars still have some clout, it's important now to make sure people are seeing the truth so the Duggars can't keep eroding rights.

Certainly not trying to speak for anyone but myself but I wonder if the subconscious reason we keep coming back, if there is one might be, that we need a conclusion. The show being cancelled or some serious resolve. Something that would feel like positive progress.

I am so glad this topic has been raised. I pretty much took yesterday off from checking on the Duggar Drama but here I am back today. For me, I fear this whole thing is an exercise in futility and will end in disappointment. The Duggars and their allies can turn any issue into Christian persecution and it seems we cannot effectively get out the message that it is NOT Christian persecution but an issue of extremism. We see an extreme, cruel and ignorant way to raise children and we point it out. Somehow that gets all twisted by their supporters into an attack on their religion. How many of their supporters would be willing to raise their children in the manner the Duggars have chosen? Not many, I bet, but they still hold this family up as an example of admired family values. So, I fear the Duggars and institutional ignorance will prevail and it makes me angry. The fact that TLC cannot get its act together and make a decision, albeit a difficult one, is very telling on where they stand.

Regarding Duggar Burnout (And My First Post!!):

Well, the BF thinks I am mad!

:zombie: " ...Braiiins! ...Braiins! ....Duggarrrsss! ...Duggarrrsss!" :zombie:

In fact, I often detect an air of concern in his expression! This happens when he turns attention from his preoccupation to mine (...and try to visualize this.); I proceed to hiss and hunch aggressively over my laptop so as to hide my browser in its constant research of all things Duggar, Gothard, and the like.

[but clutch my pearls(!) if this culture of Bill Gothard's influence isnt downright fascinating, just as it is equally disturbing. Unfortunately, while I'm only plagued with curiosity and concern, those poor Duggar children are plagued with its raptness and monomania. Oh, I wish them open-minds!!]

In the end, herein is evidence of my being at least a bit mad/far too burntout on everything Duggar. Sadly it took me a couple days to even go through with registering here at FJ, because I couldn't decide which Duggar euphemism I wished to use as my screen name; I narrowed it down (yes, there were more!) to:

• FullmoonOverDuggardWaters (my obv. winner)
    • TakingaDuggarDump
      • Dropnmy19kidsoffatthepool
        • JingersnapOUTOFITcookies
          • ColdwaterCoulottes
            • censormykneesplease

So, in summary... Yes, Im dealing with Duggar burnout, as are others around me!!

I dove in too hard and too fast! Now, Im just... :cray-cray:

edit:grammar

well dugger drama is going to dry up once this last drama has been beaten to death. they are not going to be in the limelight anymore I don't think.

Certainly not trying to speak for anyone but myself but I wonder if the subconscious reason we keep coming back, if there is one might be, that we need a conclusion. The show being cancelled or some serious resolve. Something that would feel like positive progress.

I think also it has to do with what a 180 this situation was from the way it was a couple of months or even weeks ago, when all we were talking about was Jill and Jessa getting married, the arrival of Izzy, Josiah's courtship, etc. The Duggars were more popular than they had ever been, because more of the young adults were finally starting to do things, other than go to the dentist or do odd jobs. But now, the show has been cancelled, probably for good, and the facade of the "wholesome Christian family" has finally been shattered. Now that the truth behind the "sin in the camp" has been revealed (although I think we only know the tip of the iceberg), we want a full accounting of what's really going on at the TTH, since the "reality" we've been sold for more than ten years is obviously a lie.

The Duggars have made some strong statements are going to cling to their version of the truth while their leghumpers continue to not question it.

My main frustration, that too many people were buying into TLC/People's scrubbed version of the family and that was giving them more political pull than deserved, is over. I was hoping Gothard and ATI would be exposed more but at least people like Dr. Drew are discussing it.

Now, we wait and see. I figured there would be more interviews but those were SOOOO bad that I will be surprised to see any not produced for their now narrow demographic.

Unless one of the kids breaks ranks we will see less and less of them with only occasional fluff pieces as marriages and babies come along. Maybe Josie will go on tour.

Jessa will no longer have to tread so lightly as to not offend the general public and freely spew all those wonderful teachings she has been programmed with over the years. She and Ben have half a chance to get a fundie following doing some swanky ministry, again I don't see a wide appeal but it will have a extreme right-wing following.

I think Michelle would be fine staying home, trying for number 20, counting her grand babies but JimBob is out for blood. I hope we get some good leaks on his temper tantrums.

But yeah, I think we are pretty much done.

I'd like to see Jim Bob completely lose it over trying and failing to successfully sue everyone he thinks has wronged him, or trying to keep control over Jessa and Jill if they are offered their own spinoff.

I wouldn't watch the spinoff even if it happened, and I'm not sure enough at this point that the offer is even on the table, but I'd love to see a piece come out in the media later about how JB keeps trying to stick his grubby little fingers into different family pies and fails every time.

This is why I keep coming back. I don't have anything else to contribute to any of the threads or discussions elsewhere. I am just waiting for the official cancellation and possibly another bone - headed statement from these crazies. I do like checking the other boards and seeing about other fundie families, too.

I'd like to see Jim Bob completely lose it over trying and failing to successfully sue everyone he thinks has wronged him, or trying to keep control over Jessa and Jill if they are offered their own spinoff.

His fury was palpable during the Fox interview. He really does have an anger problem.

He'd best watch out. He slandered the police chief on national television by accusing her of taking a bribe to release the police when we know the police were told by the city attorney that they had no choice but to comply with the FOIL request.

I know Jim Bob thinks he's super special but that was over-the-top and if I were she, I'd sue him and Fox News.

I've definitely hit burn out level on all things fundie right now. I came back for the first time since Friday just to see if there were any new developments before I go back to my life.

I have a tendency to enjoy the 'happy wholesome family' reality TV shows until some sort of scandal is uncovered, at which point I get disillusioned and start to lose interest... I am afraid this will happen with the Duggars. Luckily, the new season of Bringing up Bates has just started... phew...

I want to see them go into the woodwork and never come out again. No TV show, no books, no publicity of any kind.

Just fade away, as they should, from view. They aren't worth listening to or watching, not even for the snark now. Just too damaged.

I want to see them go into the woodwork and never come out again. No TV show, no books, no publicity of any kind.

Just fade away, as they should, from view. They aren't worth listening to or watching, not even for the snark now. Just too damaged.

Agreed.

Maybe if TLC, the media and fundie conventions stop throwing money at them... no more book signings and speaking engagements and appearances... JimBoob and MeChelle will have the time to be something that they've long claimed to be: great parents.

I doubt that they'd change. But I'd love to be proved wrong. These kids have been put through enough, in so many ways.

The poster who said that we need a conclusion - YES.

Justice is an extreme issue for me. I feel like there has not been justice here. These people are downright abusive and malicious. Why has everyone tread lightly with this? This whole situation and the culture surrounding it is an extreme issue.

Anyway. Very burnt out by this whole thing. Just make these people go away. Their lives are theirs, and I don't care what happens or what they do with them. The novelty of the disgust they caused me has worn off and now I simply want them to go away and never receive an unearned dollar again.

edited for riffles

I dont come here during the week else I would never get any writing done but I check news sometimes. Im trying to stay away from 19K FB Duggar Family Blog and other humper sites as well.

Archived