IGNORED

LGBT friendy Christian pastor shot in hate crime

doggie

How much gay hate do you have to shoot a preacher?

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/05/28 ... ate-crime/

Hartford, Connecticut police are investigating the shooting of a Christian pastor, which took place the day before Memorial Day. The pastor, who is known for non-judgmental acceptance of LGBT individuals, was shot multiple times, while placing flags in front of his church. According to police, the shooter used anti-gay language and slurs during the attack.

Sunday marked Pator Augustus Sealy’s fifth anniversary as pastor at the Hartford First Church of the Nazarene. As he was preparing for a commemorative service, someone driving a black Nissan or a black Honda Sedan fired a total of seven bullets at the Christian pastor, while shouting anti-gay slurs. Three of those bullets struck him. Two of the shots hit Sealy in the leg, and one penetrated his shoulder. Thankfully, an additional four shots missed their intended target.

I'm sure the shooter asshole(s) that did it did so in the name of "Christian Love".

And in Hartford, of all places? CT doesn't strike me as a particularly anti-gay place, or at least not one prone to anti-gay violence, though I suppose it only takes one whacko.

How much gay hate do you have to shoot a preacher?

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/05/28 ... ate-crime/

I live about 20 minutes outside Hartford. This story made my Fiance and I so sad to hear about. The Pastor sounds like he is a really nice guy. :cry:

And in Hartford, of all places? CT doesn't strike me as a particularly anti-gay place, or at least not one prone to anti-gay violence, though I suppose it only takes one whacko.

We aren't. This isn't really a typical sort of event to happen here. Hartford was actually listed recently as one of the best cities for LGBTQ people in the US (can't remember what publication that was at the moment). I'm sure there are a good number of people here who oppose equal rights, but the majority of us seem to fall into the category of just not caring about someone's sexuality.

Archived