IGNORED

The X-Files

Peas n carrots

It's kind of old news but anyone else super pumped about the 6 new episodes? DH and I have been binge watching old episodes since the announcement and are up to Season 8. Any favorite episodes or other X-Files related stuff...like still having a crush on David Duchovny?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm cautiously optimistic about the new episodes. I stopped watching toward the end of the original run, and I'm hoping the new eps will be a lot more like the beginning of the series.

Nope. The show went to hell in theater seasons and I have no confidence that the new ones will be good.

I had a huge crush on Scully.

I'm trying to watch the old ones, and they just don't hold my attention. Actually, there's only been one show in the last year or so that managed to hold my attention so it's not surprising... I'd like to see the new ones though. I liked X files a lot when it was first aired.

Nope. The show went to hell in theater seasons and I have no confidence that the new ones will be good.

I had a huge crush on Scully.

I meant later, not theater. DYAC.

Loved loved loved xfiles. My dad used to record the shows on VHS and mail them to me because my religious college would not allow televisions in the dorm.... I still have these tapes - not because I will ever watch them but because of the careful cataloging my dad did in his handwriting on the labels - a sweet memory I have of him now long after his passing.

Love me some David Duchovny. My favorite ep from original series was Home. I hated all the movies and am concerned that any new shows will lack the spirit of the original years of the series. Nevertheless, I will watch.

Am cautiously optimistic. Gillian said something cryptic about William (their son) coming back, and would be about 14. They are going to film in Vancouver again and I hope it's good.

Carter says it will pick up where the last movie left off....are they going to be on a secluded island living the good life or what?

OT

I was on the original alt-tv boards and the AOL boards during the first 7 seasons. When 9/11 happened we all gathered there to pray. People from all over with one purpose.

• 2 months later...

I am also cautiously optimistic. I really loved X-files when it ran originally and I even liked the 2 movies (don't judge me LOL)

I have all the back episodes on DVD and watched them all about a year ago--I'm so happy to hear they're going to try and bring it back. Hopefully they're be able to maintain the integrity of the show. I mean they did leave quite a few loose ends to be tied up. :fingers crossed:

I think I read somewhere that fox will be airing all of the other seasons before the start of this new one.

• 1 month later...

I'm hugely excited about this and bought a copy of SFX magazine for the first time in a good decade and a half because it had DD on the cover! I was absolutely hooked when I was 15, and a friend used to record it from Sky and lend me the tapes. I gave up watching about the time of the first movie (although saw the second on TV). I caught a few episodes a few years back and found that some of the early episodes make me cringe a little, not because they are bad, but because I was so obsessed when I was in my teens I can still quote chunks of the episodes...

I really hope they capture the atmosphere of the first three or four seasons. I loved the mytharc episodes, and I still have Tooms on video! Perfect creepy stuff.

Amazon Prime members can watch the episodes for free. I started watching from the beginning since I never watched the first ~3 seasons. I'm hooked (again). Now, so many things make sense that never made sense the first time around since I started watching well into the series. And it's fun to think about the mid-season or end of season cliff hamgers they did and how I would've reacted way-back-when: "OMFG!!!eleventy!!!1111!1!1" [emoji38]

Am cautiously optimistic. Gillian said something cryptic about William (their son) coming back, and would be about 14. They are going to film in Vancouver again and I hope it's good.

Carter says it will pick up where the last movie left off....are they going to be on a secluded island living the good life or what?

OT

I was on the original alt-tv boards and the AOL boards during the first 7 seasons. When 9/11 happened we all gathered there to pray. People from all over with one purpose.

Alt.tv.x-files... wow, that brings back memories! I still remember that one of the most popular threads was "It's Always Raining". :lol: So much fun back then. The internet was young and anything was possible. I just googled it and see that it's still active. 8-)

The MOTW (monster of the week) episodes were my faves. Home, Tooms, Small Potatoes, Bad Blood, Humbug, The Post-Modern Prometheus... and of course Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose, which was absolute genius!

The mytharc episodes were great in the beginning, but later it all seemed to spin out of control, like CC didn't have a plan.

I gave up near the end of the show's run. To me, it became unwatchable. But overall, one of the best series ever.

And DD is still hot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Saw a clip from the New York Comic Con and Chris Carter said Yes The Long Gunmen will be back. Loved the boys, I hope they're not being ghosted in.

I getting a little excited about it.

• 2 weeks later...

The Long Gunmen

OK, I have to admit ... I snickered ("I'll bet!").

I think I was drinking that night. You've seen David's shoes haven't you? 

• 2 months later...

Anyone else excited and yet nervous about the new episodes?  The first didn't get good reviews but the AV club saw the first 3 and said the 2nd was better and the 3rd amazing.  

I'm not a fan, but I do Lootcrate, and they had a LOT of X-Files stuff in the box this month. My oldest kid snagged my t-shirt.

I am a die hard X-Files fan from its inception. I spent a lot of time on x-files only boards. Still my favorite show of all time. I have mixed feelings. I worry it will not be true to when it was at its best, which was before Mulder was kidnapped and when they tried to make Dogget the new Mulder. The first 5 to 6 years were amazing and then it went downhill fast when DD left. I preferred it when Mulder and Scully were just investigating weird cases and chasing after Krychek. I am hoping it doesn't go the way of the movies, which were just bad and had way too many plot holes. 

I liked the first movie. I attempted to rewatch the 2nd movie this week and it is so awful.  And the whole giving William up for adoption was a terrible plot device.  Super soldiers with deep roots in the government would somehow never follow the paper trail of an adoption to some unsuspecting farm couple?  And the adoption would all magically come together in a couple of days?

I like most of the 7th season episodes.  Doggett grew on me but it wasn't the same show without that Mulder Scully Chemistry. 

12 hours ago, socalrules said:

I am a die hard X-Files fan from its inception. I spent a lot of time on x-files only boards. Still my favorite show of all time. I have mixed feelings. I worry it will not be true to when it was at its best, which was before Mulder was kidnapped and when they tried to make Dogget the new Mulder. The first 5 to 6 years were amazing and then it went downhill fast when DD left. I preferred it when Mulder and Scully were just investigating weird cases and chasing after Krychek. I am hoping it doesn't go the way of the movies, which were just bad and had way too many plot holes. 

Like you, I was on the alt.tv.x-files and aol x-files boards. I watched it and rewatched it and enjoyed it till DD left. From what I've heard from the early screeners, it's going to be as intense as it was in the beginning. I want to see what they do about William. And the Lone Gunman have returned from the dead, so who's saying Krychek can't? 

Oh damn and buggers you have it all ready that isn't fair we have to wait as usual in the UK not sure when in Feb it's screening here. 

Huge x-file fan here. Best show ever. I only discovered the show partway through the second season and was hooked. I've seen all episodes multiple times and am insanely excited for tomorrow night to finally get here. I hated the last two seasons though. They were terrible but I insisted on watching each episode of those miserable seasons anyway, hoping that CC would somehow redeem himself and make the show what it was in its heyday. Didn't happen. Anyway, I've been trying not to get my hopes up for the new episodes but it's hard. I just turned on the TV and Space is showing an episode from the first season which I haven't seen in probably at least 15 years. I can't believe how young M and S were and how different their acting was in that first season compared to how comfortable they were with each other as the series progressed. As you can see I've invested way too much time in this show.

Oh, favourite  episodes: Home, and Post Modern Prometheous. Anyone else have a favourite?

I always liked the Ghosts of Christmas  (I think the title is something like that) and the one where they were pretending to be married. The Petries. 

Archived