IGNORED

The X-Files

Peas n carrots

Downtown, where all the lights are bright.

Downtown, waiting for you tonight.

Downtown, you're gonna be alright now.

You can always count on x-files for creative background music.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone see the Fox commercial while the SB Halftime show was on. Verrrrrrry interesting as Arte Johnson used to say on the Laugh-In Show. 

Monday's monster kind of reminded me of crap man from Arcadia. 

14 hours ago, anniebgood said:

Did anyone see the Fox commercial while the SB Halftime show was on. Verrrrrrry interesting as Arte Johnson used to say on the Laugh-In Show. 

Monday's monster kind of reminded me of crap man from Arcadia. 

Ok, you have to share what was so interesting, assuming it has to do with The. Best. Show. Ever!!!

Yeah, I thought about Arcadia during this one. There was also an episode about halfway through the series, Kaddish (sp?), where there was some sort of dirt-type creature attacking people. Can't remember the details of that one since it's been years since I've seen it.

I recently rewatched Arcadia and it was supposed to be a tulpa, same as in the latest episode.  So, it was weird to see Mulder blow it off.  I believe in Kaddish the golem was resurrected using dirt from the grave.  Maybe?

Ok one show to go. Still no William. But we got Mulder spacing out to Bad Things Gonna Happen, Badonkadonk, Achy Breaky Heart and then M&S holding hands at the end.

Spoiler:

In the SuperBowl ad on FOX, Scully is talking and slowly becomes a grey. Coincidence or what?

I will be watching with bells on next Monday. Will need the pick me up since it's time for the arthritis shots in the hands.

tumblr_o291olZoug1qele20o1_r1_1280.gif

I loved the original X Files and really wanted to love this special event mini series, too.

But I've had a hard time of it. I didn't like last night's episode although I do love Lauren Ambrose (Six Feet Under).

And I agree... They better do something with the William storyline ...after they've referenced it so much it would be cruel not to.

Overall I've been happy with the reboot so far. There are some episodes I like more than others and some parts of some episodes that I didn't particularly like. But as much as I was a huge fan back in the day, that's pretty much how I felt about the original series' episodes too.

I have to say that I wish Monday's episode would have had more Mulder-Scully interaction. And I don't necessarily mean romance - I've just always loved the way those two actors can play off of each other so beautifully in whatever circumstance.  With only 6 episodes to get my fix, I would prefer to see them together instead of with other random characters.

I totally forgot to watch on Monday.  I was watching the Westminster Dog Show instead.  A beautiful German Shorthaired Pointer named CJ won with a Borzoi named Lucy as Reserve B-I-S.

3 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I totally forgot to watch on Monday.  I was watching the Westminster Dog Show instead.  A beautiful German Shorthaired Pointer named CJ won with a Borzoi named Lucy as Reserve B-I-S.

CJ is from Temecula. I smooched my pointer when e won. ( my keyboard ot wet and not everything is dry yet.

dogpark1.jpg

3 minutes ago, anniebgood said:

CJ is from Temecula. I smooched my pointer when e won. ( my keyboard ot wet and not everything is dry yet.

dogpark1.jpg

Your baby is beautiful! 

I like German Shorthaired Pointers because they are pretty no-nonsense dogs.  They're pretty too.  (Just realized that pretty could read two ways -for looks and for fairly.)  I think I heard that the Best-In-Show judge was looking for dogs that were true to their function.  That would have favored CJ, I think.  No wonder, either, that the Borzoi got Reserve.  Lucy is a true sight hound.  Bulldogs and Shih tzu are just for companionship and looks.  Shih tzu pretty much have always been so while Bulldogs have been distorted so much from their original function.  Uga needs an air-conditioned doghouse at UGA football games because he can't take the heat -literally.  I love Annabelle, but modern bulldogs just aren't very functional.  Rumor was a beautiful GSD, but again breeding in America has interfered with their being able to function as they did.  Police departments generally get European dogs.

The DHS is using pointers as scent dogs at LAX.

We rescued Poppy from the So Cal GSP rescue. She was found running with her sister in Riverside County. The volunteers went to see them and were prepared to take both to the rescue. When they came back her sister was gone and she was left alone, with milk still in her teats. We think she was a failed breeder.

Well, their loss is our gain. We've had her 3 years and she is a joy. We lost our first GSP at age 8 to twisted gut. I cried so hard, I loved that dog. We also have a Heinz terrier and they sleep together and stay together. 

@anniebgood, good for the DHS using pointers as sniffer dogs at LAX!  I had a dog once years ago that I think was half-Lab and half-pointer.  I saw Zelda pointing our tuxedo cat in the front yard once.  We had a Brittany at the same time and they both pointed the cat when she was out in the yard doing her business.  The cat did not like that at all!

I read in another article that the last episode will be a cliff hanger.  ARGH.  I felt that this mini season has been up and down but I love it over all.  I'm interested to see what happens in the last one.  I may even rewatch the first episode although that was my least favorite one.  

4 hours ago, JMO said:

I read in another article that the last episode will be a cliff hanger.  ARGH.  I felt that this mini season has been up and down but I love it over all.  I'm interested to see what happens in the last one.  I may even rewatch the first episode although that was my least favorite one.  

How can they dare to do a cliff hanger unless they have plans for future episodes?  That'll royally piss me off as I hate cliff hangers. I'd love to rewatch all the episodes at some point because there's so much dialogue in them that it takes multiple viewings to catch everything. First episode would probably take a bunch of viewings to make sense of it though.

22 hours ago, JMO said:

I have rewatched each of these episodes at least once except the 1st. They do get better with repeat viewings. 

Lucky you. I don't have a recorder so haven't recorded any of them. I managed to stumble across a repeat showing of one of the episodes a couple of weeks ago but that's it so far. I'd love to watch them all again and extend my obsession for a little while longer.

19 hours ago, JMO said:

@Playagirl do you have Hulu? They are all on there. You can sign up for a free trial...

No idea what Hulu is. Off to investigate.....

I watched all the new episodes over the last couple of days.  It's been a long time since I watched the original seasons, so I probably forgot and missed a lot of the inside jokes.  Loved the episode with the gravestones.  Also liked how they brought in a new generation in the last episode.  Thumbs up, overall.  

Argh!!!!! Damn you Chris Carter!!! Damn you to hell.

On Monday, February 22, 2016 at 10:08 PM, JMO said:

@Playagirl do you have Hulu? They are all on there. You can sign up for a free trial...

It looks like Hulu isn't available to those of us in the Great White North. I'm sure like everything else there are workarounds but that would be beyond my rather limited techie abilities. Guess I'll just wait for the DVD - at least my collection will be complete.

Hated, hated, hated last night's series ending episode. Feel like I'll never get back those six hours that I spent on this "special event".

I won't post any spoilers. Just wanted to get this off my chest.

I didn't like the first or last episode.  Too overblown, trying for a stupid summer big budget film sort of feel.  I liked the intervening 4, esp #3/4/5.  I'll admit I'm done with the conspiracy episodes, I only want MOTW.

9 hours ago, JMO said:

I didn't like the first or last episode.  Too overblown, trying for a stupid summer big budget film sort of feel.  I liked the intervening 4, esp #3/4/5.  I'll admit I'm done with the conspiracy episodes, I only want MOTW.

Agree. I was done with the myth-arc by about season 6 or so. My favourites have always been the stand-alone episodes. Didn't matter whether they were scary, funny, silly or whatever - I think those were the strongest, most interesting ones.

Archived